The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

The Ex-pro batteries are highly regarded by many on here and I've just bought one for my X-T1

I've been using ex-pro batteries in all my fuji cameras with no problems. Always difficult to say if they last as long but no complaints from me.

The Ex-pro batteries are highly regarded by many on here and I've just bought one for my X-T1

Doyou have a link to the one you bought? I've had a look on Amazon and, although they say NP-W12, they don't list the X-T1 as compatible

Ex-Pro all the way, got over 2000 shots out of 3 of their batteries today. Only processed a few so far but the X-T1 / 50-140 didn't put a foot wrong, especially considering pretty much every shot was of a moving cat...

Wildlife Heritage Foundation by Harry_S, on Flickr

Really nice. I was surprised how light the 50-140mm was when I tried in store. It was more similar in weight to my Nikon 70-200mm f4.

Really nice. I was surprised how light the 50-140mm was when I tried in store. It was more similar in weight to my Nikon 70-200mm f4.

It's much more manageable than it appears in photos, I think people forget how small the X-T1 is when they see pictures of one attached to it. Carried it all day today (again) with no aches whatsoever.

I assumed I needed the grip, but it's been fine and I've not purchased one (yet!)

Like those shots! I need a telephoto for my XT1 but don't want to drop a grand on the 50-140!

The 55-200 really is superb and you can find them relatively cheap now, I wouldn't hesitate in recommending it and would have been more than happy sticking with it if I wasn't able to afford the 50-140.

I know I'd only want the 50-140 if I bought the 55-200. I may look into it further but need to spend money elsewhere!

Anyway, upgrade done can't test it as i don't have a flash!

Well my 35 has been delayed so will test it tomorrow. Won't really make a difference though will it? Not like you can shoot above what the mechanical shutter can do anyway so all it means is that you can leave it as ms & es in the menu. Doesn't it?

Looks like there are some tethering additions too which may aid a few people.

The 55-200 really is superb and you can find them relatively cheap now, I wouldn't hesitate in recommending it and would have been more than happy sticking with it if I wasn't able to afford the 50-140.

I tested the 50-140 and loved it. I even bought the 16-55 f2.8 without trying it first based on my experience with the 50-140. Both of these lenses are amazing

I ll wait till fuji brings out there 1.4 X teleconverter to try it on the 50-140 before buying the lens.

Been working away at my WHF shots, super pleased with them...

In terms of AF this was the winner for me, a very black Jaguar charging at me whilst the ranger dangled meat over my head, telling me to hold steady (then retreat quickly at the last second), the X-T1 nailed it, bloody terrifying!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/harry_s/sets/72157651247893720/

Last edited:
Really great sets guys.

Just installed the new updates for camera and lenses. Tried the 55-200mm and I think Fuji is using fairy dust.

1/10 sec at 200mm and I am getting pin sharp images with good technique. I gave the camera and lens to my wife who has no experience at all on how to hold a camera while shooting a low shutter speeds and even her shots were pin sharp. I haven't tired the 10-24mm yet but I will guess that it will be as good as the 55-200 :)

Ordered the 55-200 yesterday. You lot have made me spend money so I hate you all. Classifieds bans for the lot of ya!

Ordered the 55-200 yesterday. You lot have made me spend money so I hate you all. Classifieds bans for the lot of ya!

Now we're getting somewhere!

Have you had a chance to look at the 14mm yet? it's a superb lens and really will help you out when that 18 isn't quite wide enough :D:D:D:D

Back