The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Yes, but my view is that unless you are shooting a lot of high speed burst stuff, I would write to both card (Backup), I know a failure is unlikely but you have paid for two slots and with modern capacity cards you are unlikely to fill a single card with RAWS in one photo outing (ok a machine gun wedding tog might). My 64Gb cards will each take 1599 RAW+Fine JPGs, I'm unlikely to fill them in a day so I'd prefer to have the security of backup.

I also shoot Compressed RAW as it's lossless (bit like zipping a computer file), but not all Fuji RAW decoders will convert - Lightroom will though

Great advice on using it as Backup, as I normally only shoot about 350 photos on a nice day :) Thank you again (y)

I'm a bit late to the other conversation, but would echo what others have said about the virtues of turning your camera when not actively shooting. You won't need to carry as many batteries, and you won't change as many settings by accident either (diopter adjustment on the EVF is my favourite, always causes me to wonder what's happened!). I've yet to miss a shot from doing this. My fingers now reflexively turn the camera off when I lower it and on as I raise it, and it comes on so quickly that no time is lost at all that I notice.

I think the reason I took over 1,600 photos at the airshow was because each time I took the shot, like you lowering the camera I switched off, and then on again by the time it was to my eye.

I was reading about these extension tubes for fuji and since I've got a macro assessment in a few weeks I wondered which one could I buy that will give me 1-1 ratio using either a 56mm or a 35 f2.

I was reading about these extension tubes for fuji and since I've got a macro assessment in a few weeks I wondered which one could I buy that will give me 1-1 ratio using either a 56mm or a 35 f2.

You won't get to 1:1 with the 56 Scott with the 11mm it gets to 0.29 and with the 16 it gets to 0.39. If a macro lens is something you might get more use from in the future you may be better looking at the Oshiro 2:1 macro on an adapter: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B010R8M...UTF8&colid=3DQEHLU5BENRE&coliid=I7E7D9F70CIB3
And if it's not something you would make more use of I'm sure it could be sold on with ease

You won't get to 1:1 with the 56 Scott with the 11mm it gets to 0.29 and with the 16 it gets to 0.39. If a macro lens is something you might get more use from in the future you may be better looking at the Oshiro 2:1 macro on an adapter: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B010R8M...UTF8&colid=3DQEHLU5BENRE&coliid=I7E7D9F70CIB3
And if it's not something you would make more use of I'm sure it could be sold on with ease

Hi Colin,

I will have a look at this mate. I take it there's other fuji lenses that i could get down to 1-1 with the adapters. I noticed that someone mentioned a few pages back getting down to 4-1 magnification.

Regards

Scott

I like the windmill shot Dave, really nice. Not so sure about the B&W church shot though, just a bit too busy for me and the clouds look metallic. I guess it's a matter of taste though, not a criticism of your work.

Thanks mate, the more I look at the church one, the more I think OH GOD NO :)

Thanks mate, the more I look at the church one, the more I think OH GOD NO :)
If you don't experiment with different filters, you'll never know what they're going to turn out like, it's just not a style I personally like but I'm sure it will appeal to some.
The other shots inc the macros are great though.
My Oshiro 60mm f2.8 lens arrived today but the adaptor didn't so I'll have to wait now to try it out. Amazon let me down with a Prime delivery :(

Just a simple snapoto of the head of a Dalia.

X-T1, 55-200mm Lens, 1/20th @ F8, ISO-200, 10mm & 16mm Extension Tubes, Available Light, Handheld.
Orange Dalia (1)-03118 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.
That's impressive, more so given the lens. I presume it was manual focus, achieved by rocking back and fro perhaps?

That's impressive, more so given the lens. I presume it was manual focus, achieved by rocking back and fro perhaps?

Thank you kindly Sir, I much appreciate you taking the time to reply & comment.(y)

"I'm a guessin' I just got a bit lucky with this snap, it was indeed manual focus and rocking as you say. That's the way I I take virtually all of my Macro/Close Up snaps"

George.

If you don't experiment with different filters, you'll never know what they're going to turn out like, it's just not a style I personally like but I'm sure it will appeal to some.
The other shots inc the macros are great though.
My Oshiro 60mm f2.8 lens arrived today but the adaptor didn't so I'll have to wait now to try it out. Amazon let me down with a Prime delivery :(

I agree that you have to try, but this time I think oh god never :)

Good to see that your thinkin' outside the box Sir, the first shot (Windmill) I like very much, but I'm sorry the second shot's PP work just doesn't push the right buttons for me.(y)

George.

Thank you George, I do agree that we have to try things out, some work and some don`t. It was good to try but this time I think no that does not work, but it is a nice way to learn :)

Just a simple snapoto of the head of a Dalia.

X-T1, 55-200mm Lens, 1/20th @ F8, ISO-200, 10mm & 16mm Extension Tubes, Available Light, Handheld.
Orange Dalia (1)-03118 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

A lovely shot you have taken George, really nice colours and focus on the centre of the flower :)

A lovely shot you have taken George, really nice colours and focus on the centre of the flower :)

Thank you kindly Sir, I much appreciate you taking the time to reply.(y)

George.

Took a group to the seaside today, not for a swim :D they were to pick up papers, sucks to be them - I was only there to supervise and take pics :D Grabbed a few nice ones for meself while I was at it.

Vibrance corner by Enticing Imagery, on Flickr

D'ya like dags? by Enticing Imagery, on Flickr

Change by Enticing Imagery, on Flickr

Inhale by Enticing Imagery, on Flickr

Looks like rain by Enticing Imagery, on Flickr

Great colours and a very nice set, but that is not a dog, it`s a house :) Big dogs those are.

Great colours and a very nice set, but that is not a dog, it`s a house :) Big dogs those are.

Thanks :) I've not seen an Irish Wolfhound in years, they're not very common at all. He was old and very tame, I was going to run ahead and try get one of him coming toward me, but I was supposed to be working :D

Last edited:
I've not seen an Irish Wolfhound in years, they're not very common at all. He was old and very tame, I was going to run ahead and try get one of him coming toward me, but I was supposed to be working :D

I remember the first time we took Susie to dog training and the biggest Irish Wolfhound I have ever seen just stood looking at us while Susie was barking at it :)

8CLEF

Evening all,

I've been a long time lurker on these forums and mainly post on Instagram. Anyway, i recently moved over to the Fuji system (X-T1) and i can't get over much i enjoy shooting again!

mainly using 23mm 2.0 and super impressed with the results, although, it has taken me a while to get used to the custom settings and how to apply them.

Birmingham Library by jamieryderjazz, on Flickr

Took a group to the seaside today, not for a swim :D they were to pick up papers, sucks to be them - I was only there to supervise and take pics :D Grabbed a few nice ones for meself while I was at it.

Great set of Fujotos Sir, with some lovely vibrant colours.(y)

George.

I remember the first time we took Susie to dog training and the biggest Irish Wolfhound I have ever seen just stood looking at us while Susie was barking at it :)

In the pic above you can see a wee little nipper being held back by the lady's foot, on the bench :D what is it with small dogs and wanting to fight everything? :D

Great set of Fujotos Sir, with some lovely vibrant colours.(y)

George.

Thanks you George.

Some lovely pics I see further back to from you guys, making these Fujis do some work :)

Last edited:
8CLEF

Evening all,

I've been a long time lurker on these forums and mainly post on Instagram. Anyway, i recently moved over to the Fuji system (X-T1) and i can't get over much i enjoy shooting again!

mainly using 23mm 2.0 and super impressed with the results, although, it has taken me a while to get used to the custom settings and how to apply them.

Birmingham Library by jamieryderjazz, on Flickr

Welcome to the Fuji Family Jamie, hope you enjoy the X camera, lovely shot too :)

Cheers Dave, I've been out with quite a bit over the past couple of months, mostly in the Peak District. Bloody love it up there!

I don`t think others will mind me saying this, but if you need help/advice on the X-T1 then ask as many here have and love the camera :)

I like Inhale very much but find the bottom left a bit distracting. I seem to recall you don't crop much, but I can imagine this looking good as 5x4 or square.

Love that sky in vibrance corner. Love it when that happens, mainly in spring/autumn when you get a big dark sky but bright shallow direct sunlight cutting underneath it.

Back