The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

200mm f2. I'll be first in the queue.

It's been said before, but this really is a fast moving thread! And if I just view a post in an email on my phone and not actually on the site, the auto-notifications stop reminding me of new posts. And then a few days pass before I think to look in again - and there are about five pages of posts to view!

Anyway, another one from me. I've just posted it on Flickr and thought I'd already directly posted it here but can't see it so maybe not....

X-T2 with 10-24mm and Lee Super Stopper - a five minute exposure.

Dun Briste - Broken Fort by Brian M, on Flickr
Stunning and love the colours.

It's been said before, but this really is a fast moving thread! And if I just view a post in an email on my phone and not actually on the site, the auto-notifications stop reminding me of new posts. And then a few days pass before I think to look in again - and there are about five pages of posts to view!

Anyway, another one from me. I've just posted it on Flickr and thought I'd already directly posted it here but can't see it so maybe not....

WOW Brian, this is just beautiful and I love the colours.

The thing that is getting me most excited about the announcements this morning is the FUJIFILM X RAW STUDIO. Looks Fuji have finally said that if Adobe won't play ball we'll make our own. Can't wait to try it out.

A lovely capture of the moment Jonathan, so happy looking.

many thanks! i have a little set of these photos but went back to do a quick edit on this one as it was one i had left out. the 90mm seemed to be constantly on my camera that summer.

If only it was that price here. It's £1,249

That's O.K in my book Sir, I'm from the States and still spend about half my time back home in TN.(y):D:D

George

That's a beautiful capture :)

Very excited about the 80mm macro but very disappointed about its price.

Same here, assume it's the OIS which makes is so expensive. I would have happily done without it, hope it's worth it ;)

Last edited:
Interesting that X Studio RAW is being kept intially for premium products - X-Pro2, X-T2 and X100F, maybe its another feature to distance these cameras from other X-Trans3 sensors. Its also a cunning way (if Film simulations are supported) or keeping the High-ISO ACROS algorithm to Fuji
Didn't notice this one. Although I m happy with lightroom I will give it a go and see if the files open better in lightroom

Interesting that X Studio RAW is being kept intially for premium products - X-Pro2, X-T2 and X100F, maybe its another feature to distance these cameras from other X-Trans3 sensors. Its also a cunning way (if Film simulations are supported) or keeping the High-ISO ACROS algorithm to Fuji

Also a bit annoying that Windows users will have a longer wait than Mac users to use the X Raw studio software.

Can anyone see how we get it? Is it a cloud/download, standalone product or some in camera jiggery pokery?
If it's stand alone will will it be a freebie like Canon's DPP? DPP is OK as far as it goes, and is reasonable for the price, but leaves a lot to be desired. many Canon users don't use it at all.

Can anyone see how we get it? Is it a cloud/download, standalone product or some in camera jiggery pokery?
If it's stand alone will will it be a freebie like Canon's DPP? DPP is OK as far as it goes, and is reasonable for the price, but leaves a lot to be desired. many Canon users don't use it at all.

No news on that front yet, nor on what sort of output files it will support, we will have to wait.......

Last edited:
I just picked up a Samyang 12mm. I was wondering if anyone else has one, what do they think about it, and any tips to using it. I got it mostly for landscape and astro(which I have never done before)
As others have said, it's a great lens and will give excellent results. I find it particularly useful on the beach, although you'll want to protect that big front element from salt spray. It's taken me a while to learn to compose with it but YMMV. My only other tip would be to use one of the focusing aids to make sure focus is where you think it is. I prefer the simple zoom, others like the colour fringing effect. But don't rely on your rear screen as is, particularly at wider apertures.

The XE3 wouldn't excite me, I'd still opt for the XT20 I think if I was going to buy either. I'm old fashioned, I like a D-pad, and after using a tilt screen it would be hard to buy any camera after without one.

Somewhat disappointed the X-T20 isn't getting the improved AF

Just a simple candid street style Fujoto taken of a Shure 55SH Microphone waiting to be used by a street performer.

X-T2, 55-200mm Lens, 1/240th @ F5.6, ISO-200, Handheld.
Open Mike-03109 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

Such an overrated microphone :p

Usually used for its looks. The later version is much better though...

Just a simple Fujoto of a Hoverfly on a leaf of some sort.

X-T1, 105mm Micro Nikkor (D) Lens Plus Full Set Of Nikon Ext' Tubes, 1/180th @ F11, ISO-200, Modified Ring Flash, Handheld.
Hoverfly (1)-02452 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

Couple more fro Lyme Regis...

The Breakwater 2 by Ash Smith, on Flickr

Rough Sea by Ash Smith, on Flickr

one more from last summers fuji affair. x-t1 & 90mm

these two! by Jonathan Howes, on Flickr

Simply stunning Gentleman my hat off to you all.

Me too. Has anything been said why it isn't going to get it?
Not that I've seen, I was hoping for so much more on a 1.1 revision, unless I missed how good being able to use the touchscreen while looking through the EVF is I really don;t see it being of much use at all - unless you happen to be a ghost and can not only somehow see what you;re poking at but can also poke your finger through your face... No, I just don't get it yet.

Not that I've seen, I was hoping for so much more on a 1.1 revision, unless I missed how good being able to use the touchscreen while looking through the EVF is I really don;t see it being of much use at all - unless you happen to be a ghost and can not only somehow see what you;re poking at but can also poke your finger through your face... No, I just don't get it yet.

I'm assuming it will be a corner of the screen where you can control the af point

Hell, a bit of a long shot but there's no one considering downsizing their XT2 to a 20 is there, I'm not using the touch screen as much as I thought and miss the extra articulation of the screen, pretty handy for low down macro in portrait

Haven't posted on here for a while a few recent ones from me.

Misty Morning by Graham Norton, on Flickr
Fuji X-T2 & 16-55 f2.8

solitary-2 by Graham Norton, on Flickr
Fuji X-T2 & 16-55 f2.8

As Time Goes Bye by Graham Norton, on Flickr
Fuji X-T2 & 14mm f2.8

The Lighthouse by Graham Norton, on Flickr
Fuji X-T2 & 16-55 f2.8

Beautiful landscapes, I have so much respect for you guys who get up early / rock up late to get such beautiful images :) Number one is my favourite, everything about it is bang on,.

Back