The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I accept it's unavoidable using variable aperture zooms, but it annoys me that the10-24 doesn't have marked apertures as it's constant f4. But I don't let it spoil my enjoyment of the Fuji system and the stellar performance of all its lenses.

Personally wish there was an option to control the aperture from the adjustment dial wheels, at least it would be nice as an alternative.
Enjoy using the XC 16-50 and 27mm lenses in that fashion, maybe something for a future firmware update

Personally wish there was an option to control the aperture from the adjustment dial wheels, at least it would be nice as an alternative.
Enjoy using the XC 16-50 and 27mm lenses in that fashion, maybe something for a future firmware update
If you're after that experience, you need an XC lens :D
Personally, it's why I don't have an XC lens ...

If you're after that experience, you need an XC lens :D
Personally, it's why I don't have an XC lens ...

Apart from the aperture control the XC 16-50 MkII is a superb lens, use it all the time on my X-E2
Still think that dial controlled aperture could be there as an option, after all SS is available via the front wheel

Still think that dial controlled aperture could be there as an option, after all SS is available via the front wheel
A retrograde step. Dials are what Fuji is about! :D Not controls which should just be on a wireless. ;)

Last edited:
Great set of photos you're producing! Really like the tone of them.
Is the figure on the right a real person or a statue? Looks almost a bit Gormely-esque in silhouette.

Haha. Cheers. No, it's a real person. It's a natural swimming pool used by locals. I went there a few times hoping to catch a few people under the bigger waves that came over the edge, but didn't get the shot that I really wanted. :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well thanks to all who suggested getting in touch with Fuji - I called this morning and they directed me to repair.fujifilm.co.uk and said just choose under warranty, a box should be turning up in a few and he said it'd be FOC :D

Well thanks to all who suggested getting in touch with Fuji - I called this morning and they directed me to repair.fujifilm.co.uk and said just choose under warranty, a box should be turning up in a few and he said it'd be FOC :D

Result. Keep us informed.

Nice I must try the Irish centre. I've just emailed the UK one, as that is the email that they use even for the Irish centre.

Well the sun came out and stayed out today :)

Synchronized Texting by David Ore, on Flickr

Hove Beach Huts by David Ore, on Flickr

These two Fujigraphs work for me really well Sir, #1 is the strongest without a doubt in my book, and #2 if it were mine I'd crop out the person on the far right and crop from the left in line with the upright corner of the building in the background. Only my suggestions of coarse for what they're worth.(y)

George.

These two Fujigraphs work for me really well Sir, #1 is the strongest without a doubt in my book, and #2 if it were mine I'd crop out the person on the far right and crop from the left in line with the upright corner of the building in the background. Only my suggestions of coarse for what they're worth.(y)

George.

Thank you George for the nice words, did not notice the person at the end :)

I like it, interesting that the old man moved more in that 20 seconds than the 3 people over by the tower/lighthouse[?]
It is indeed a lighthouse, a rather ancient one. Of course, if the couple only moved their heads, like him, this is just the result you would expect. Still, I was pleasantly surprised when I discovered how still they'd kept!

Excellent John (y)

I'm guessing you keep your camera's clock set to UK time (judging by the EXIF time stamp and a little local knowledge of where the shot was taken!)

One of my favourite views when dining, although it's usually darker by the time we eat at the Amphora. Often see the matching sea and sky colours at just the right time but never caught them.

My only criticism is that the horizon looks slightly squiffy.

I'm guessing you keep your camera's clock set to UK time (judging by the EXIF time stamp and a little local knowledge of where the shot was taken!)

One of my favourite views when dining, although it's usually darker by the time we eat at the Amphora. Often see the matching sea and sky colours at just the right time but never caught them.

My only criticism is that the horizon looks slightly squiffy.

Cheers Nod! And no, I didn't bother adjusting my camera to local time. Only causes more bother when I forget to change it back :). I'm on my phone now so I'll take a look at the horizon later. My main focus was getting the uprights vertical so it could be that a little warping is needed. Picture has made Flickr Explore though, which is always nice!

Just a simple tourist type Fujigraph taken of part of the Brighton i360 tourist attraction.

X-T2, 55-200mm Lens, 1/280th @ F8, ISO-200, Handheld.
Brighton i360-03165 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

Nice one George, my mum and I went on that when I had the 70D and it was the hardest I have ever done in photography as reflections were terrible.

Well the box in a box arrived today which I thought was very quick, should be posted tomorrow

Nice one George, my mum and I went on that when I had the 70D and it was the hardest I have ever done in photography as reflections were terrible.

Thank you kindly Sir, sure is appreciated.(y)

George.

Back