The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Is the fuji one worth the outlay

I can't comment on the third party units Karen, because I've never used one on the X-T1. But the Fuji battery grip has never given me a prob' and sure is a great bit of kit.(y)

I'm surprised that the Meike grip is not so good as I have used their grips on Nikon gear and have never experienced a prob'. Other kit from them is also normally very good and well up to the job.

George.

I'm in Deal George.

I know it very well Rob, I used to play guitar in the West St Club until it closed down. Also had a lot to do with the RMs in Canada Rd.

Nearly forgot I live at Stone when I'm in the UK.

George.

I live just off Canada Road not too far from the Berry (used to be the Beret until the bombing:()

I can't comment on the third party units Karen, because I've never used one on the X-T1. But the Fuji battery grip has never given me a prob' and sure is a great bit of kit.(y)

I'm surprised that the Meike grip is not so good as I have used their grips on Nikon gear and have never experienced a prob'. Other kit from them is also normally very good and well up to the job.

George.
I was surprised as well George as ive always used them on heavy Canon gear with no problems. Didnt matter what I tried the battery clip would not hold itin place. There was no resistance on it.

George.

Some people have said that when using them with Blackrapid straps,that the screws start giving way :(

Fuji grip ordered..learn me to be a meany lol..my gran used to say "buy cheap..buy dear"
Just received my refund for the Meikle grip. The supplier did say that they now had a redesigned version in stock, but I think I'll pass. I don't normally like vertical grips and only bought one to ease my shoulder problem. But since it's scheduled for surgery in September I should no longer need one. (A grip, that is. Not a shoulder ...)

Some people have said that when using them with Blackrapid straps,that the screws start giving way :(

I've never tried one of those Blackrapid straps Simon, so I really can't comment on that. I just use a normal type wide Neoprene strap onto the two camera lugs.;)

George.

When i am shooting motorsport i have my 'focus' sling connected to my 50-140 then if i needed to swap lenses i would remove the lens and leave it connected to my strap. Worked pretty well. Not sure how I'll work it with two bodies now though. May have to resort to the Fuji strap for the X-E1... Uuurrrrggghhhh.

When i am shooting motorsport i have my 'focus' sling connected to my 50-140 then if i needed to swap lenses i would remove the lens and leave it connected to my strap. Worked pretty well. Not sure how I'll work it with two bodies now though. May have to resort to the Fuji strap for the X-E1... Uuurrrrggghhhh.

If you really want to be taken seriously you need one of these.... and some dirty white primer with a brush to DIY your lenses. At the moment they just think youre a hipster.

canon_l6_strap.jpg

Preferring the black too, just as well as that's what I changed my order to. Just had an email from WEX to say that the two lens kit is in stock, phoned and paid. Was offered tomorrow as earliest delivery but I won't be home until the evening. Was offered Monday delivery for £4.99 but as I'm Scottish it will be delivered free on Tuesday.

If you really want to be taken seriously you need one of these.... and some dirty white primer with a brush to DIY your lenses. At the moment they just think youre a hipster.

canon_l6_strap.jpg

Nah, you really need the Talk Photography neoprene strap to make your Fuji look seriously cool. :cool:

I'm traveling so can't "use" my xt10 yet, will try it early next week and post results! Glad they're filtering out to everyone now, it's going to be an even more busy post!

Back