The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

[QUOTE="twist, post: 6942734, member: 30478" Ill only use a smaller sensor as a secondary camera.[/QUOTE]

Here si my problem I'd only buy a FF sensor to be a secondary camera...

Just had an email from Jack the Hat offering a remote release for the X-T1 and others for £7.99 and wondered if anybody had tried one?

https://www.jackthehat.co.uk/remote-shutter-release-cable-fuji-cameras-rr90-compatible-p-1140.html

Looks like it would do the job fine and certainly a big saving over Fuji's offering. However it doesn't do any more than a cheap canon release does, which you can pick up for a couple of £ on ebay. I either use a cheap Canon i-shoot one I already had or use the JJC timer remote.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00GGANE1A?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00

Anybody use their X-T1 for macro photography, need some idea of lens combinations,like if anyone uses extension tubes.

Anybody use their X-T1 for macro photography, need some idea of lens combinations,like if anyone uses extension tubes.

I use an X-T1 for a lot of my macro work Allan, If you take a look at the "Show Us Your Macro Rig" (in the macro section) post #458 you can see one of my X-T1 macro setups. Or take a look at most of my recent threads in the macro section and you'll see that a lot of them were shot using the X-T1.

For macro work the X-T1 is a superb tool, I use it with several lens setups but mainly now with a large format lens that I have adapted to work with the camera together with some focussing extension tubes that I have made myself.

Hope this helps.,

George.

Last edited:
Sure, if you want more DOF M43 is great. Agreed, hate tripods.

I just find FF gives me the best all rounder for what I do, its not a bigger than someone elses thing as Ive owned all the systems, in terms of AF speed (especially AFC as thats what I use), sensor performance (ISO, DR, sharpness, etc), lens selection. For my use it just works. Regarding lenses, I mostly shoot portrait stuff, can be in low light and shallow dof and I use F1.4 lenses wide open a lot 35, 50, 85 1.4 and a 70-200 2.8.

Since mirrorless coming we have so much choice though!

Have to say I would like a 5D2 to play with, there's nothing like a 5D landscape, not even Fuji colour can match up to that. (Although it's a very good 2nd place). Couldn't live with one as an only system though too big by far.

Funny that. My mate has a 5d1 and 5d3 and has recently been using a x100 as a walkaround and he says the colour rendition mullers the 5d's...

For accuracy yes, miles better from Fuji - but accurate doesn't always make a nice landscape.

Just ordered the Peak Design leash, had the cuff bit for ages, think they are a good design.
41w924PXxwL.jpg

Thanks David, I quickly went off the idea anyway. The supplied hood does a good job anyway and so far I've managed to not lose the rubber cap.

Talking of which I dropped the pinch cap from the 23mm one day and it found it's way into a whole in the concrete under a bench, no way to retrieve it :( Replacement cost me £13!! o_O

Can anyone help me with a strap for the XT10? I want across the body but that attaches the same as the fuji strap so not the black rapid.
Peak Design, as suggested, or for something just a little thicker Artisan and Artist. Both can be got from Jack The Hat.

Haven't had chance to have a proper look through all the pics, but quite happy with this one... Shame it wasn't with the 16mm f1.4 though as i needed a little wider and also a bit less DOF wouldn't have gone a miss.... :whistle:

Had to take the camera off the strap and lean it on my shoe whilst i used my phone to pick the focus point. First time i've ever used the app.

Glass Caves - Liverpool
by David Raynham, on Flickr

That's a nice shot as it is David, less DOF in my opinion would have isolated the subjects too much.(y)

George.

When were you in Liverpool? You should have shouted and we could have had a meet and compared notes!!!

Today mate. Didn't realise you were from there. We spent alot of the day in The World Museum. By the time i got to explore the city i was flagging a little and rapidly running out of time. Looking forward to visiting again and getting a little more of the City in. :)

I like that David, different perspective to the usual busker shot

Today mate. Didn't realise you were from there. We spent alot of the day in The World Museum. By the time i got to explore the city i was flagging a little and rapidly running out of time. Looking forward to visiting again and getting a little more of the City in. :)

You've got to love Liverpool, it's one of the finest City's in Europe for its architecture and one of the best waterfronts in the world. The Grand Harbour in Malta is a possibly a joint second. As for the middle and Far East and the rest of the med, nothing comes close !

Haven't had chance to have a proper look through all the pics, but quite happy with this one... Shame it wasn't with the 16mm f1.4 though as i needed a little wider and also a bit less DOF wouldn't have gone a miss.... :whistle:

Had to take the camera off the strap and lean it on my shoe whilst i used my phone to pick the focus point. First time i've ever used the app.

Glass Caves - Liverpool
by David Raynham, on Flickr
David ,the guy on the right,around his jacket and his Guitar head seems to be quite noticeable fringing or CA or is it just my monitor :)

David ,the guy on the right,around his jacket and his Guitar head seems to be quite noticeable fringing or CA or is it just my monitor :)

That's bokeh fringing, it changes colour depending what side of focus it is. (purple/green). My Sigma macro was a bugger for it, and the way Lightroom dealt with it automatically could end up looking like a Sabatier effect!

That's bokeh fringing, it changes colour depending what side of focus it is. (purple/green). My Sigma macro was a bugger for it, and the way Lightroom dealt with it automatically could end up looking like a Sabatier effect!
yes I first noticed that on contrasty edges with the Nikon 35mm 1.8 fairly open.is Lightroom not so hot dealing with it on fuji lenses?

Back