The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I really like ASE but it's a bit of a ballache launching large numbers of images from Lightroom, my iMac just grinds to a halt whilst it thinks about it.

Re the 16-55 I think the main reason is price and weight, the price is mighty (considering) and the weight is mighty. From what I've seen of people who shoot it, it's awesome. But I still get the impression a lot of Fuji shooters use Fuji for the prime option rather than the zoom option.

The price is a bit steep, but that's usually the case with most things these days. The white box 18-55 for 200 notes from DR is tempting but i already have the 18mm. Want something wider but kinda miss having a zoom.

I really like ASE but it's a bit of a ballache launching large numbers of images from Lightroom, my iMac just grinds to a halt whilst it thinks about it.

Re the 16-55 I think the main reason is price and weight, the price is mighty (considering) and the weight is mighty. From what I've seen of people who shoot it, it's awesome. But I still get the impression a lot of Fuji shooters use Fuji for the prime option rather than the zoom option.

A zoom man here,much prefer zooms :)

The price is a bit steep, but that's usually the case with most things these days. The white box 18-55 for 200 notes from DR is tempting but i already have the 18mm. Want something wider but kinda miss having a zoom.

If you can afford it,well worth the money the 16-55 F2.8 :)

I've purchased some lenses for my XT10 but now waiting for wex to confirm the price for the part ex Fuji XA1 and lens. Does anyone know how long it takes from them receiving your trade in to them confirming their valuation as I'm getting impatient!!!

I've purchased some lenses for my XT10 but now waiting for wex to confirm the price for the part ex Fuji XA1 and lens. Does anyone know how long it takes from them receiving your trade in to them confirming their valuation as I'm getting impatient!!!
It could be worse you could be like me posted a X-E1 Monday to Ffordes using RMSD and it never arrived Tuesday or even made it to the local Inverness depot for delivery on Tuesday,
so i chase up Royal Mail via Twitter today and it's in Belfast today !?
I'm in northwest and it's going Inverness so don't know how that's happened.

I have two lenses sat waiting for my X-T10 and one on order with it so I'm in for a longer wait than you :(

View attachment 41402

It could be worse you could be like me posted a X-E1 Monday to Ffordes using RMSD and it never arrived Tuesday or even made it to the local Inverness depot for delivery on Tuesday,
so i chase up Royal Mail via Twitter today and it's in Belfast today !?
I'm in northwest and it's going Inverness so don't know how that's happened.

I have two lenses sat waiting for my X-T10 and one on order with it so I'm in for a longer wait than you :(

View attachment 41402

Thanks I feel better now!!!!

can anyone tell me if there is a quality difference in the 2 lenses that are bundled with X-t10 at jessops and wex?
ones a 16-50 fuji lens and the other is the 18-55, theres 200 quid difference between the 2 and only a small focal lenth difference?
id prefer the 16-50 as id probably take more landscapes and close up portraits and also street art and save the 200 for a 12mm a little later down the line.
thanks in advance-gonna order one in the next couple of days

can anyone tell me if there is a quality difference in the 2 lenses that are bundled with X-t10 at jessops and wex?
ones a 16-50 fuji lens and the other is the 18-55, theres 200 quid difference between the 2 and only a small focal lenth difference?
id prefer the 16-50 as id probably take more landscapes and close up portraits and also street art and save the 200 for a 12mm a little later down the line.
thanks in advance-gonna order one in the next couple of days

The 18-55 is F2.8-4 metal mount a bit better build,the 16-50 is F3.5-5.6 plastic mount and not quite as good build,but both our good lens :)

No, but they usually start "Fuji sent me this lens a few weeks ago" which always makes me weary of the review being totally honest etc. At least you lot on here aren't affiliated with them in any way. :D
I'd like to be ;)

Any difference in IQ between the 16-50 and the 18-55?

Looking on the lens comparison site the 18-55 does slightly have the edge, contrast is marginally better and so is sharpness. Unless you were comparing both out in the field, as Alan says, you wouldn't notice. Advantages are the extra stops at all fl's and build. I've no idea if the newer 16-50 mk2 has any edge on the mk1 except it now focuses at 15cm, either version makes for a cracking lens at that money.

Last edited:

Took mine into WEX deal done on spot no problems at all. Walked out 1 hour later with New XT1 18-135 lens and battery grip. plus 3 spare batteries and other odds and sods

Appreciate the gesture, but it's 3 days too late. Bought one to go on the X-T10. I'm now not sure if I need the X100S? Only kept hold of it for it's faster shutter speeds with flash, but I think I've only used it once for that!

Nope, you were 3 days to early :p

Doesnt make much sense with your other combo, but it is F2 and the flash synch oh and its beautifuller.

I currently shoot with an aging Panasonic G2 m43rds. I need to make a decision soon as to whether to stick with m43rds and get a cheap grey E-M1 (£535), or switch to Fuji and get an X-T10 (£499). What concerns me about the Fuji is the lack of grip compared to what I am used to. I know you can buy a grip for £90. Are there any cheap clones on the horizon? Also, convinced myself ages ago to go with IBIS on my next body, but I'm attracted to the shallower depth of field possible with Fuji. On the other hand, the E-M1 I think may focus better for tracking subjects which I do want to a little bit of.
I currently use Panasonic 20mm f/1.7, Olympus 45mm f/1.8 and the kit lens 14-42. If I went to Fuji I would get the 18-55 kit, the 50-200 kit and I'd try to get the 35mm f/1.4 or the upcoming f/2 version OR the 56mm f/1.2.
Fuji lens prices are not cheap are they! :(

I think I would use the 56mm focal length more personally as I shoot a lot of portraits. The kit lens would probably suffice for wider stuff.

Thoughts about my boring ramblings?

Anybody using the blackrapid strap,I was thing of getting one when I am carrying an XT-1 with grip and the 16-55mm,do you think the Fuji battery grip is strong enough to take the weight ? :)

Back