The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

image.jpeg I was all set to get some photos of the super moon as I'm on holiday in Lanzarote, but I slept through it , woke up at 7am ! Took this one of the moon setting though.

image.jpeg An early morning fishing boat, long exposures and choppy seas aren't a good combination.

Just a quick daft question, if I want to send a Lens back to Fuji I have to go through this process right, despite it not actually listing or mentioning lenses anywhere?

https://camerarepair.fujifilm.co.uk/

my 55-200's focus won't stay put, discovered last night whilst trying to shoot the eclipse - the focus moves between shots despite being manually set to infinity!

Took a couple of shots this evening with the 10-24mm it's a really nice lens, more versatile than I imagined. At the 24mm end its the sane fov as my x100t and at wide end it captures the big skies here wonderfully.
And if my shots tomorrow aren't as sharp as they're suppose to be :rolleyes: picture three may have more to do with it than my kit !
image.jpeg
image.jpegimage.jpeg

Took a couple of shots this evening with the 10-24mm it's a really nice lens, more versatile than I imagined. At the 24mm end its the sane fov as my x100t and at wide end it captures the big skies here wonderfully.
And if my shots tomorrow aren't as sharp as they're suppose to be :rolleyes: picture three may have more to do with it than my kit !
View attachment 47342
View attachment 47343View attachment 47344

Are you staying at the San Antonio or close by? I have stayed there a few times and the pic and surroundings look familiar.

Great set of images Andy @Andysnap , all very nice but the B&W shot for me is right on the money.(y)

George.

Are you staying at the San Antonio or close by? I have stayed there a few times and the pic and surroundings look familiar.
Well spotted ! We're staying about 300 yards past San Antonio more in the PDC area, it's great, weather is all over the place though. I was in the Owl and pussycat the other night, I was the only one cheering for Wales ! Great result, Cymru ambith, well after Ireland that is :rolleyes: Picking a car up on Friday so I hope to get some nice pics of the north of the island, hopefully some will be sharp enough to post :lock:

Well spotted ! We're staying about 300 yards past San Antonio more in the PDC area, it's great, weather is all over the place though. I was in the Owl and pussycat the other night, I was the only one cheering for Wales ! Great result, Cymru ambith, well after Ireland that is :rolleyes: Picking a car up on Friday so I hope to get some nice pics of the north of the island, hopefully some will be sharp enough to post :lock:

Stayed at the SA a few times, been to island about 25 times but last visits have been in Costa Calero.

If you can stay sober there are some excellent photo oportunities all over the island, and its so easy to drive around. Few areas spring to mind, Timanfaya, Rubicon Marina, Mirador Del Rio, Green Lagon, Ceaser Manriques house, Jameos Del Aqua etc.............

If you get a chance it's worth nipping over to Costa Calero to look at some of the boats. The owner of Saga has one moored there along with the owner of Larni's and some of the others.

Enjoy the rest of your holiday and look forward to some more photo's.

Stayed at the SA a few times, been to island about 25 times but last visits have been in Costa Calero.

If you can stay sober there are some excellent photo oportunities all over the island, and its so easy to drive around. Few areas spring to mind, Timanfaya, Rubicon Marina, Mirador Del Rio, Green Lagon, Ceaser Manriques house, Jameos Del Aqua etc.............

If you get a chance it's worth nipping over to Costa Calero to look at some of the boats. The owner of Saga has one moored there along with the owner of Larni's and some of the others.

Enjoy the rest of your holiday and look forward to some more photo's.
Lol we've been coming to Lanza for 25 years, recently 3 or 4 times a year, I'd guess I know the island better than I do Ireland. We come here to relax and take the occasional photo, only reason I'm hiring a car is because SWMBO likes the artisan market in Haria on Saturday and it's handy to get in and out of Arrecife and to the airport on the way home. Staying sober is obligatory while driving but come evening time :beer:

Lol we've been coming to Lanza for 25 years, recently 3 or 4 times a year, I'd guess I know the island better than I do Ireland. We come here to relax and take the occasional photo, only reason I'm hiring a car is because SWMBO likes the artisan market in Haria on Saturday and it's handy to get in and out of Arrecife and to the airport on the way home. Staying sober is obligatory while driving but come evening time :beer:

Similar to me although not been for three years to ill health. We were going two or three times a year or some of the other Canaries for a change of scenery for about 25 years also. I may have even had a drink with you, who knows.:D We used to go to the Toby Jug and the Barge up your way now and then upto Router 66 or whatever it's called, until we had enough :beer:

Last time we were there there was a group of us and I was the driver of a Merc Traveline Mini Bus and it was just so easy to drive around and like you I know the island like the back of my hand.

Anyway enjoy the break and I will bow out for taking the thread off track, otherwise someone will shout at me :)

Nice set

What Nikon camera do you?

A D7100. Its just to big and heavy for me to lug around all day, whereas the X-T1 is just about perfect. Also, it allows me to carry a film camera or two as well. :D

I have a lovely little xt10 and 12mm in the forsales for anyone that maybe interested, need a quick sale

A D7100. Its just to big and heavy for me to lug around all day, whereas the X-T1 is just about perfect. Also, it allows me to carry a film camera or two as well. :D

I moved from a D800 and don't regret it. Mind you size and weight weren't the reason behind moving to Fuji.

Would that scratch not bother you ? Still keen to compare one of those to my 16-50 mk ii but not sure now that I have a 35mm

The price it went for £150 + £8 postage,i have seen nearly mint one go for £190-£210 on here,i think i miss an scratch one :)

Lovely PP work there, mester. The photography isn't bad either.

Cheers David! There were some interesting looking holes to fall down, glad I had my helmet lol

And an interesting grafitti story of how two girls climbed through a vent and made their way to the top of the building!

Two very nice sets of images @manualfocus-g , great presentation as usual.(y)

Just as an added note I think most of these would also look really good in B&W.

George.

Anyone got an 18-55 lens they want to sell me? I want a lens for the weekend! Otherwise I'm waiting on digitalrev to process my code to get a new one for £209 but it's bank holiday there apparently.

Anyone interested in getting an X-T10 and doesn't mind importing from onestopdigital, I've just seen the X-T10 and 18-55 kit lens on there for £625! That's effectively the lens for £125. Cheapest I have seen. I would have bought there but the X-T10 was bought for me as a gift body only.

Two very nice sets of images @manualfocus-g , great presentation as usual.(y)

Just as an added note I think most of these would also look really good in B&W.

George.

Great pics there G. Love urbex stuff like this !

Many thanks guys, I had fun shooting the building. I have to say though, subject wise I was a little out of my comfort zone, and some of the others I was with had a far better eye for a shot.

Looking forward to going back as things develop :)

So when do we reckon we'll be getting the first X-T10's on the fuji refurb shop? I'm still having difficulty deciding between the X-E2 which I'm more familiar with or the X-T10.

theres one in the classifieds ?

I sold my XE2 and bought an XT-10 and don't regret it - there is hardly any need to go into menus with the XT-10, everything is just nicely at your fingertips - its just like a proper camera should be just about half the size and weight !

Back