The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

35 is the f1.4g but yet to try it as camera broke before trying it out so never used f1.4.

Used the 1.8g at last wedding together with 85 1.8g

Between the Nikon and the Fuji you're really spoiled for choice JJ, there isn't really a bad option. The 23 and 56 for Fuji are fantastic.

However I would say that if you've just got the 35/85 1.4Gs and are happy with Nikon then there's really no point doing anything other than buying a cheap Nikon body while yours is being fixed.

Between the Nikon and the Fuji you're really spoiled for choice JJ, there isn't really a bad option. The 23 and 56 for Fuji are fantastic.

However I would say that if you've just got the 35/85 1.4Gs and are happy with Nikon then there's really no point doing anything other than buying a cheap Nikon body while yours is being fixed.

I know, but I am not sure I am happy with the D750 and not sure I ever have and that not me just saying that because its away, but I just don't have the love for it like I have had with previous cameras. I mean, sometime I have left it at home because I just felt a bit 'meh' about it! I know that probably sounds odd as the D750 is regarded as one of the best cameras available to buy!

My favourite camera of all time was the Olympus E-620 - I loved that thing lol!

35 is the f1.4g but yet to try it as camera broke before trying it out so never used f1.4.

Used the 1.8g at last wedding together with 85 1.8g

Tbh, I think youre a little nuts taking a system you've never used to shoot a paid wedding. The Fuji system has a few quirks, have you thought about lighting, battery life, lenses etc etc. Will you manage with 1 camera?

It's not a paid do, just favour for friends who were not even having pics taken!

20160628-untitled-8111.jpg

Taken on the way home, must have been a thrilling read.

Really like the first, the steam matches the signal post [emoji106][emoji106]

Along Cambrian Lines by Alan Jones, on Flickr

Quote "This I couldn't get a finish I liked 1st time round, I think this is getting there though:"

Alan,

Very much so. A timeless image of God's Wonderful Railway in all it's glory!

Yes, loving this first image. Excellent composition!

That fantastic and that 55-200 lens seems very good

Thanks Guys (y)

the 55-200 is indeed good, this is a massive crop at the long end, which is it's poorest end:

DSXT2502.jpg

I intended to replace it with the 100-400, but spent the money on coilovers for the car instead! Maybe next year.

Enough of the lenses, what were the coilovers for? [emoji14]

My FTO, which is scoring highly in the handles like s*** and looks like a 4x4 stakes at the moment. This will be the only deviation from standard spec as it is the rare GP Version R Aero Edition model, of which only 370 were ever made and a full 38 of those are Red! Some twonk of a previous owner took off all the version R branding, presumably to try and pass it off as a base spec GP to the insurance co!
FULL_XTA4436.jpg

Seen here courtesy of the XT1 and Samyang 12mm at the hairpin below the quarry on the Black Mountain Pass.

My FTO, which is scoring highly in the handles like s*** and looks like a 4x4 stakes at the moment. This will be the only deviation from standard spec as it is the rare GP Version R Aero Edition model, of which only 370 were ever made and a full 38 of those are Red! Some twonk of a previous owner took off all the version R branding, presumably to try and pass it off as a base spec GP to the insurance co!
View attachment 65716

Seen here courtesy of the XT1 and Samyang 12mm at the hairpin below the quarry on the Black Mountain Pass.
Nice looking car, have always liked them despite them being relatively unpopular in the Japanese / imported car stakes.

I've owned a MKIV Supra and a DC2 Integra Type R in the past and I preferred the Type R hands down. Has been the only car I've kept for more than a year and only let it go after 7 to put towards my wedding!

But what are coilovers?
Replacement springs and shock absorbers in a single unit.

Generally are adjustable in terms of ride height and rebound rate to set the car up more specifically to the driver's needs.

They're called this as they have a coil (spring) over the damper so technically, most if not all cars have coilovers from the factory these days. The term is more widely recognised as the adjustable, aftermarket items though. :)

Nice looking car, have always liked them despite them being relatively unpopular in the Japanese / imported car stakes.

I've owned a MKIV Supra and a DC2 Integra Type R in the past and I preferred the Type R hands down. Has been the only car I've kept for more than a year and only let it go after 7 to put towards my wedding!

You get a lot of car for very little money with an fto. The version R was mitsubishi's attempt to take on the Dc2 type r, which it fails miserably at, hence so few being built. It already has lowered and stiffened suspension, thicker anti roll bars front and rear, adjusted lower wishbones to improve geometry and strut braces front and rear as standard still doesn't handle as well as a standard dc2 let alone a type r! Hoping to be able to dial out the understeer with the new spring rates, plus twiddle the camber a bit at the same time, might take a few spring changes but it'll be worth it, it's otherwise a great car!

Spent yesterday photographing Dodgeball in a sports hall, ditched RAW and shot at ISO12,800. Something I would never have considered on my Canon 60D. Amazed at how little noise there is at these settings. The X-T1 coped really well with a fast moving game.
Here's a couple from the day.

DSCF6230 by Mark, on Flickr

DSCF6300 by Mark, on Flickr

Has anyone tried Corel Aftershot Pro 3 yet ? It looks excellent, getting decent reviews and it's cheaper than the other big players.

Has anyone tried Corel Aftershot Pro 3 yet ? It looks excellent, getting decent reviews and it's cheaper than the other big players.

Paint Shop Pro was always good in it';s heyday (ver 6/7), but be careful with RAW support here, X-T1 RAW only supported from version 2.1, X-T10 from version 2.2.1 and X-Pro2 from version 3

Version 3 at around £70 doesn't look that cheap, personally I'd rather stick with Adobe products, at least there is huge amount of support and a large user base to help out.

I'm using LR6 but the import time with Fuji .raf is beyond a joke, this graphic caught my eye.
aftershot pro 3.jpg

I tried the first version of aftershot when it was first dreamt up, and it sucked, big time, I certainly haven't been moved to try a newer version. I do however still use Paint Shop Pro X3 for anything I cannot do in LR.

EDIT: As I have plenty of work to do that I'm trying to put off, I'm downloading a trial!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, saw that. Trouble is I have a 40D already and that doesn't get massive use, so doesn't make sense to get another.
Was planning on taking it out today, but events got in the way, as they always do!

Back