The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Just touch the screen (on phone or tablet) to select the focus point. Unless you have went to sleep in which case it should still work later [emoji1]

Sussed it - because it was in Manual focus when I put it into wireless communication, it didn't respond at all when I switched it to S.

Have to put in another vote for the Samyang 12mm. Superb little lens, although I have found infinity isn't where it's marked. Turn the focus to just to the left of the dog leg marking.

DSCF1144-1 by Mr Drizz, on Flickr

That's very nice Mark, good composition, plenty of detail, very nice colour, and a nice sky.(y)

George.

Just been playing with my newly acquired 55-200 - a quick and dirty shot with no PP

Bumblebee_zpst2xgl9as.jpg

Cheers

Very nice Sir, with some fine detail.(y)

"You'll not be dissappointed with the 55-200mm lens, its excellent"

George.

Thought I'd just post a bit of Macro for a change. The shot has been presented upside down as the little fly was hanging from the top of the small window frame in my shed.

Fuji X-T1, Nikkor 28mm manual lens reversed, 200-ISO, 1/180th @ F11, Modified Ring Flash.

Fly (1)-01966 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking and any comments welcome.,(y):fuji:

George.

I recently sold my 56 mm 1.2 as I couldn't justify the cost for the time it was getting used and purchased a 23mm which was a focal length I use more. I did however miss the 56 and decided to pick up the Samyang 85 1.4 which got its first outing today, its manual so takes a little getting used to but first impressions are good, would have used it more but the rain in Manchester never eased off.

Manchester rain by Andrew Duxbury, on Flickr

Manchester Fountain Gargoyle (1 of 1) by Andrew Duxbury, on Flickr

Filthy Cow Manchester by Andrew Duxbury, on Flickr

is that the bar any relation to the filthy pig? cool bar with excellent music. had a few drinks there on Saturday after watching some terrible football in Bury.

is that the bar any relation to the filthy pig? cool bar with excellent music. had a few drinks there on Saturday after watching some terrible football in Bury.
It's the Filthy cow in Manchester glad you enjoyed the bar also glad you enjoyed the terrible football if your a Charlton fan as I'm a Bury supporter!!!

I recently sold my 56 mm 1.2 as I couldn't justify the cost for the time it was getting used and purchased a 23mm which was a focal length I use more. I did however miss the 56 and decided to pick up the Samyang 85 1.4 which got its first outing today, its manual so takes a little getting used to but first impressions are good, would have used it more but the rain in Manchester never eased off.

Manchester rain by Andrew Duxbury, on Flickr

Manchester Fountain Gargoyle (1 of 1) by Andrew Duxbury, on Flickr

Filthy Cow Manchester by Andrew Duxbury, on Flickr

I love the processing on the first one [emoji106]

Thought I'd just post a bit of Macro for a change. The shot has been presented upside down as the little fly was hanging from the top of the small window frame in my shed.

Fuji X-T1, Nikkor 28mm manual lens reversed, 200-ISO, 1/180th @ F11, Modified Ring Flash.

Fly (1)-01966 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking and any comments welcome.,(y):fuji:

George.

That's making me itch George [emoji38]

A couple from holiday in Italy:

15(?)-shot pano of the view from the garden taken with 90mm:
cloudy-46-Pano-Edit.jpg by Ian, on Flickr

Milky Way and the fireworks over Lake Fiastra:
Fireworks-106-Edit-Edit.jpg by Ian, on Flickr

Both edited on a tiny laptop so there may be oddities I haven't spotted
Both stunning! Must've been tough getting a pano at 90mm. I do fancy a crack at some multi-row panos.

Did you get the milky way and fireworks in a single exposure?

Pano wasn't too hard. I had it on a tripod, vertical orientation, started with the key part of the lake and hills then went left, then filled in a couple of shots to the right of the lake. I was going to stop there but the sky looked good so did a second row above the first. I missed a bit but content aware fill in Photoshop worked well on the lower right forest and upper right clouds so I got away without having to crop lots.

The firework shot is two exposures joined together. The Milky Way was 20 seconds at iso1600 f2, the fireworks 5 secs at iso200 at f8 (I think), both on a tripod of course. I did the MW while waiting for the fireworks to start, not having much of a clue where the fireworks would be as it was pretty dark. I shot loads of fireworks shots and thankfully a couple are clean and in more or less the right place. I was hoping the fireworks would appear in different places across the lake but they are all more or less in the same place so I cannot easily merge several together to fill the lower part of the frame.

Last edited:
How many of you XT-1 owners have the graphite silver version ?

I'm ditching my pair of D750's at the end of this month after my final wedding and I've already decided to go down the XT-1 route. Just fancied the silver one :)

Off camping in a bit and either taking the D750 and the 85 1.8 and the 24-120 or 35mm, that should cover most things and has outstanding battery life or I could take the xt1, a couple of the adapted lenses and... ??

I don't have any fuji lenses yet and don't want to spend all that much as I'm still deciding on the fuji but do want to give it a chance despite being a shallow depth of field addict.

So for the lakes but also wanting to take lovely portrait pics of the family which lens would you suggest or should I just stick to the Nikon for this trip? Especially considering I only have two batteries and one charger.

Off camping in a bit and either taking the D750 and the 85 1.8 and the 24-120 or 35mm, that should cover most things and has outstanding battery life or I could take the xt1, a couple of the adapted lenses and... ??

I don't have any fuji lenses yet and don't want to spend all that much as I'm still deciding on the fuji but do want to give it a chance despite being a shallow depth of field addict.

So for the lakes but also wanting to take lovely portrait pics of the family which lens would you suggest or should I just stick to the Nikon for this trip? Especially considering I only have two batteries and one charger.
I'd stick to nikon for now. Wouldn't want the first experience with the fuji to be suboptimal, faffing with adapted lenses etc.

Thanks, sort of what I thought unless I got an 18-135, which while it won't cover the shallow DoF bit it should pull off everything else including rudimentary macro by the look of it

I'm ditching my pair of D750's at the end of this month after my final wedding and I've already decided to go down the XT-1 route. Just fancied the silver one :)

Me! I feel proper hipster with it too! :D

Thanks, sort of what I thought unless I got an 18-135, which while it won't cover the shallow DoF bit it should pull off everything else including rudimentary macro by the look of it

Yep, take your D750 for now. IMO the beauty of the Fuji system is, well, the system. And the beauty of course.

The cameras in combination with high quality OEM glass make for a high performing, convenient setup. That also look beautiful.

Had my X-T1 for about 3 months now and really enjoying learning it.

Is there any reason to not use the electronic shutter all the time? I've left it on ES as we've had a lot of family weddings recently and I wanted to keep the camera silent.

Had my X-T1 for about 3 months now and really enjoying learning it.

Is there any reason to not use the electronic shutter all the time? I've left it on ES as we've had a lot of family weddings recently and I wanted to keep the camera silent.

The electronic shutter is good when needed, such as at a wedding to keep silent, But if you want to use flash you need manual shutter. IIRC the focus tracking does not work with electronic shutter. Sometimes artificial light can cause banding with teh electronic shutter. And lastly if the camera or subject is moving the electronic shutter can cause strange elongation of the image. See post 6937. Or post 3954

https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/t...10-owners-thread.527428/page-174#post-6936463

Last edited:
The electronic shutter is good when needed, such as at a wedding to keep silent, But if you want to use flash you need manual shutter. IIRC the focus tracking does not work with electronic shutter. Sometimes artificial light can cause banding with teh electronic shutter. And lastly if the camera or subject is moving the electronic shutter can cause strange elongation of the image. See post 6937. Or post 3954
Thanks for the quick reply. I realised about the flash but not the rest.

I'll just keep the ES for when it's needed from now on.

Good decision to go down the X-T1 route Pete. you'll not be disappointed.(y)

"Silver/Graphite !! :rolleyes: the jury's still out" :D:D

George.

I did love the look of the EM1 in silver, but I'm no so sure on the graphite, I've never seen it in the flesh but from the shots it looks to have a hint of gold, I don't like gold :(

Ordered one last night from the Fuji reburb store for £650 so that's that. I might even post an unboxing video on YouTube when it arrives :LOL::LOL: - NOT

Congrats to that Pete, watching the forthcoming Vid' ? maybe not.:):)

I did love the look of the EM1 in silver, but I'm no so sure on the graphite, I've never seen it in the flesh but from the shots it looks to have a hint of gold, I don't like gold :(

It's a darkish silver! If it were gold my in-laws would be all over it :D

Still looked like a hint of gold to me, you're just closet chavs ;)

New batteries have been developed for the X-T2 but existing batteries are fully compatible. I'm told that the only difference is that the new ones have better heat dissipation properties which has been developed principally because of the heat generated when shooting the new video format.
That's what I've been told by Fuji who should know what's what!
I've got a number of copies of the existing ones and am not thinking of getting any more.

New batteries have been developed for the X-T2 but existing batteries are fully compatible. I'm told that the only difference is that the new ones have better heat dissipation properties which has been developed principally because of the heat generated when shooting the new video format.
That's what I've been told by Fuji who should know what's what!
I've got a number of copies of the existing ones and am not thinking of getting any more.

^ This is true, the new ones are not of a higher rating either so won't last any longer either.

You put your order in yet???

Back