The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Hi all
can anyone help me, i bought a 10-24 in the double cashback black friday, and cant find a link to get my cashback, have googled but its bringing up old links?
can anyone help?
thanks people
dave

Last edited:
Was just thinking that. If you bought on Black Friday as I did (well, next day actually) then you'll need to wait a bit longer to claim.
yeah me too. Can I have a reminder after Christmas so I don't forget :)

:ROFLMAO: Well I never!

Edit: But how? With a plate camera, and slow emulsion? Sometimes he used flash, but the motion blur on the kitten suggests not. I'm baffled, unless it wasn't as dark as it looks, and he's burned the print a lot...

It is pretty noisey so probably the latter. He loved cats by the looks of it: http://www.thegreatcat.org/the-cat-...ury/brassai-gyula-halasz-1899-1984-hungarian/

@rookies has left the building :D lol

How long will that last? :D

Last edited:
Roll on 2017 double cash back deals... :D
Does Fuji only offer double cash back on Black Friday's? :thinking:

Hi all,

I have had word that Nissin say that their latest versions of the Air 1 Commander, i40a, i60a and Di700a all contain the ability to provide HSS functions, its now down to Fuji to release a firmware upgrade to allow the function. :D
I was considering the Fuji EF-X500 but they are mega expensive and only offer optical communications..... seems a bit of let down.
Anybody got the EF-X500?

Kind regards,

Riz

I will never pay much over £100 for a flash unit ever again. Honestly, I find cheap old Yongnuo units do the same job, their newer models are even better than some of the supposed 'better' makes.

Updated firmware version(s) on body and both lenses (I managed to get the 35mm f1.4 just before I left).

A first observation / question - The 18mm-135mm is really quiet in comparison to the 35mm. In the 35mm I can hear the aperture (or maybe focus) ring adjusting all the time. It's a metallic clink sort of a sound. I don't get this with the 18-135mm.

Do you guys with a 35mm notice the same noise, or may there be a problem with the 35mm?

Last edited:
Updated firmware version(s) on body and both lenses (I managed to get the 35mm just before I left).

A first observation / question - The 18mm-135mm is really quiet in comparison to the 35mm. In the 35mm I can hear the aperture ring adjusting all the time. It's a metallic clink sort of a sound. I don't get this with the 18-135mm.

Do you guys with a 35mm notice the same noise, or may there be a problem with the 35mm?
The 35mm 1.4? It's normal. Apparently it was worse on older firmwares (it would "chatter" back and forth).
Personally, I dont mind it. I like some feedback from my lenses, if they're totally silent and vibration free I dont trust that they're doing anything...

I like some feedback from my lenses, if they're totally silent and vibration free I dont trust that they're doing anything...

Good point, never really considered it that way.:)

Newer lenses are quieter, the 35 makes some noise when focusing but it's hardly terrible. It doesn't bother me in the slightest. With the update it's plenty snappy enough too, many reviews moaning about it's slow AF are pre-update

Hi all,

I have had word that Nissin say that their latest versions of the Air 1 Commander, i40a, i60a and Di700a all contain the ability to provide HSS functions, its now down to Fuji to release a firmware upgrade to allow the function. :D
I was considering the Fuji EF-X500 but they are mega expensive and only offer optical communications..... seems a bit of let down.
Anybody got the EF-X500?

Kind regards,

Riz

Considered the cactus flash? Works with hss

The 35mm 1.4? It's normal. Apparently it was worse on older firmwares (it would "chatter" back and forth).
Personally, I dont mind it. I like some feedback from my lenses, if they're totally silent and vibration free I dont trust that they're doing anything...
I also get really confused when I accidentally leave my ISO on 3200 and start taking pictures in broad daylight on the A setting using the exposure compensation dial. Because I'm looking at the histogram, not the shutter speed (mentally I know it's "fast enough" in this light) and so I don't notice that it's 1/4000. So when I press the button, there's no sound at all, and I'm wondering whether it really took a picture or what (I don't use the auto review feature, I review only when I want to). :) Eventually it dawns on me what I've done...

So who here is really looking forward to the XT-20? I am massively tempted by the XT2 but having an XT1 and a preferred XPro2 (rangefinder is more my thing) makes for a difficult XT2 purchase.. if it carries the 24mp sensor with XT1 autofocus system (at the very least) and 4K then I am in! Here's hoping for sub £800 body price although I doubt that'll happen.

OK - thanks guys :)

Didn't mean to sounds like I was moaning, just needed to check. The 35mm was a "like new" lens from an eBay seller. Wanted to make sure nothing wrong with it. I'll get used to the sound - just strange to compare the differences with the 18-135mm :eek:

Still in the familiarisation stages of the camera.

I set the High Performance mode on, and also changed the set-up to store RAW + Fine.

I really like that the top left dial (lower section) has a bracketing (unlikely to use as I don't really HDR any more), two drives frames, advanced and single shot modes. However - I do find it strange that this dial includes a dedicated multiple exposure setting.

Is this really a common function? If so I'd be interested to hear when, or in what common circumstances, you guys use it?

Last edited:
OK - thanks guys :)

Didn't mean to sounds like I was moaning, just needed to check. The 35mm was a "like new" lens from an eBay seller. Wanted to make sure nothing wrong with it. I'll get used to the sound - just strange to compare the differences with the 18-135mm :eek:

Still in the familiarisation stages of the camera.

I set the High Performance mode on, and also changed the set-up to store RAW + Fine.

I really like that the top left dial (lower section) has a bracketing (unlikely to use as I don't really HDR any more), two drives frames, advanced and single shot modes. However - I do find it strange that this dial includes a dedicated multiple exposure setting.

Is this really a common function? If so I'd be interested to hear when, or in what common circumstances, you guys use it?

You weren't moaning :D Some of the people who reviewed the lens certainly did though. They should do updates after the firmware because they're old vids are obsolete now.

The mutli-exposure option is a gimmick, just like the ADV filter mode. Some like to get creative with them, and may as well have them as not I guess :)

The mutli-exposure option is a gimmick, just like the ADV filter mode. Some like to get creative with them, and may as well have them as not I guess :)

If you're a JPEG shooter, then it's quite helpful. Fuji really do JPEG well.

I guess what confused me was that RAW functions are mixed with JPEG functions on the same dial. E.g. Bracketing does nothing for RAW. Only one RAW image will exist - the Bracketed images produced are 3 different JPEG exposures off the RAW image in camera. The multi-drive and (I imagine) the mult-exposure, will be a RAW function.

Would still like to know if anyone actually found a good use for multi-exposure (except perhaps if you are a paranormal photographer :LOL:)?

Last edited:
Bracketing does nothing for RAW. Only one RAW image will exist - the Bracketed images produced are 3 different JPEG exposures off the RAW image in camera.

Is this for real?!

Edit: Wait, you mean film sim Bracketing right? Surely exposure Bracketing will shoot 3 raws?

Last edited:
@rookies has left the building :D lol
Yep he seems very happy with the D500 and says he's staying put, just like he did with the D750 and A7 ;) :p

Just proves though that ultimate IQ isn't everything :smashin:

Is this for real?!

Edit: Wait, you mean film sim Bracketing right? Surely exposure Bracketing will shoot 3 raws?
Bracketing in raw certainly gives 3 different raw files. Film sim bracketing only works in jpeg. You cannot also have a raw file.

If you're a JPEG shooter, then it's quite helpful. Fuji really do JPEG well.

I guess what confused me was that RAW functions are mixed with JPEG functions on the same dial. E.g. Bracketing does nothing for RAW. Only one RAW image will exist - the Bracketed images produced are 3 different JPEG exposures off the RAW image in camera. The multi-drive and (I imagine) the mult-exposure, will be a RAW function.

Would still like to know if anyone actually found a good use for multi-exposure (except perhaps if you are a paranormal photographer :LOL:)?

Is this for real?!

Pretty sure it'll depend on the type of bracketing you're doing, for exposure bracketing you certainly get 3 raw exposures IIRC.

Yep he seems very happy with the D500 and says he's staying put, just like he did with the D750 and A7 ;) :p

Just proves though that ultimate IQ isn't everything :smashin:
Yep, look at me.... come from the A7RII and G Master glass to the Fuji :eek:

Is this for real?!

Sorry - I should be more specific. I was just testing ISO bracketing and noticed only one RAW was produced.

Just tested AE BKT and noted three RAW. Phew!

Last edited:
I went from the D800E, arguably one of the best IQ dslrs ever made, to the XT-1. Am I bovvered? nope :D Quite happy, actually since I switched it feels like a massive weight lifted, literally too! I'm shooting more, I don't moan when considering taking the camera out with me, and the images are fine for me as I process the bejaysis out of them either way :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Yep, look at me.... come from the A7RII and G Master glass to the Fuji :eek:
Yeah but wait until the next generation of A7x's comes out. You'll have to be sedated and tied to a chair and have your credit card and computer access taken away to stop you jumping back to Sony :D

And on the general quality issue... just remember what we got from film, I remember ISO 1600 film.

Last edited:
Yeah but wait until the next generation of A7x's comes out. You'll have to be sedated and tied to a chair and have your credit card and computer access taken away to stop you jumping back to Sony :D
:D mmmmmm hahahahaha

Back