The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

JMcG.

John McGuinness?
Considering you are not into bikes you either know a lot or it's a damned good guess.
Spot on. And the clue...130mph on a 37 mile course. Got to be the IOM TT, and the first guy to do that was the Meister from Morecambe.

You have won today's star prize. I'll transfer it into your bank account if you just give me your card details, number, password and CVC. All for security purposes - honest.

Considering you are not into bikes you either know a lot or it's a damned good guess.
Spot on. And the clue...130mph on a 37 mile course. Got to be the IOM TT, and the first guy to do that was the Meister from Morecambe.

You have won today's star prize. I'll transfer it into your bank account if you just give me your card details, number, password and CVC. All for security purposes - honest.
A sound working knowledge of Google helped [emoji16] (though I am familiar with the two names I put forward).

Should be interesting seeing JMcG and GM racing for what I understand is the same team this year?

All very good but that last shot is a cracker, Mike!

Cheers! I was somewhat nervous about a balloon in Egypt of all places but it was actually great. I got more good pictures of the balloon itself than the view, but it's a fantastic opportunity to shoot something you don't see often.

A couple more from Egypt. All are almost-SOOC aside from a smidge of deepening of blacks/highlights and pushing whites/shadows in LR.

First Pylon
by mikeriddle1984, on Flickr

Wheatfields

Pyramid of Khafre

Fire in the sky

What a great set! Really like number 4 - so much atmosphere - but the last one is superb!! Great angle, contrast, colours, vignetting... obviously, but the subject itself makes the image, really well seen :)

If anyone fancies trading their minty condition XT2 body against an immaculate/as new/boxed XF100-400mm lens please give me a shout. Cheers
Thanks; Peter
WHAT ARE YOU LIKE...;)

Peter This ^^^^^^

My 2p, stop buying new toys, use what you have, then really work out what you want rather than changing every 5 mins.

If anyone fancies trading their minty condition XT2 body against an immaculate/as new/boxed XF100-400mm lens please give me a shout. Cheers

Thanks;
Peter

Have you done the firmware updates, Peter? They really do make a difference to the lens, especially on the X-T2.

We had a lovely 12 mile walk this afternoon with the border collie around Loch Leven, Fife (Central Scotland), the sun even came out at last!

I carried the T1 with XF100-400mm on a 'Footprint' wrist strap for the whole five and a half hour walk with no problems weight wise.

Untitled by APM Photography, on Flickr

Last edited:
We had a lovely 12 mile walk this afternoon with the border collie around Loch Leven, Fife (Central Scotland), the sun even came out at last!

I carried the XT2 with XF100-400mm on a 'Footprint' wrist strap for the whole five and a half hour walk with no problems weight wise.

Untitled by APM Photography, on Flickr

Crikey, you must have bigger wrists than me!!!

Nope, I'll be keeping the XF100-400 glass. Just a silly thought I had.

My confusion was coming from this part of your earlier post....

I carried the XT2 with XF100-400mm

But checking the exif on flickr tells me it was the X-T1 and not the X-T2 so presumably a typo?

I was almost tempted to comment on your wanted thread that if you sold the lens I would maybe consider selling my X-T2, for the amount of use it's getting I may be as well going back to the T-1 for a while,

I was almost tempted to comment on your wanted thread that if you sold the lens I would maybe consider selling my X-T2, for the amount of use it's getting I may be as well going back to the T-1 for a while,

Not impressed with the T2 or just lack of time?

Not impressed with the T2 or just lack of time?

Very impressed but it's really more than I need. I rarely focus on anything that moves faster than a snails pace and I rarely print above A4. Obviously there are a lot of other benefits with the T2 but I could probably live without them. As you know from my X-Pro2 I do suffer from GAS and tend to buy things when they come out without really having a need for them.

Hopefully now that the weather should be improving I'll get out a bit more with it.

Very impressed but it's really more than I need. I rarely focus on anything that moves faster than a snails pace and I rarely print above A4. Obviously there are a lot of other benefits with the T2 but I could probably live without them. As you know from my X-Pro2 I do suffer from GAS and tend to buy things when they come out without really having a need for them.

Hopefully now that the weather should be improving I'll get out a bit more with it.

Daresay none of us really need all these new things, still nice to have though.

I'm still hoping for an X-E3, but can't say the T2 or T20 appeal that much, looks like we might be getting a cold blast week after next

Back