The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Don't ask. It's a long story. I feel sorry for the ever delightful Mrs Nod. She has a lot to put up with.

As Frank says, it's a long story! To try to condense it, combine Ray Stephens's lyric with John P's nickname and it's not my real name... :wideyes:

And she does indeed, especially the thirst her cat (part of the reason for the P name!) has... Of course, she has less to put up with now I'm cured - but that has brought back old things for her to put up with. :D :p

As Frank says, it's a long story! To try to condense it, combine Ray Stephens's lyric with John P's nickname and it's not my real name... :wideyes:

And she does indeed, especially the thirst her cat (part of the reason for the P name!) has... Of course, she has less to put up with now I'm cured - but that has brought back old things for her to put up with. :D :p
And in English?

That would be no fun!!! :p

Think i will just call you Nod :rolleyes:

Most people do!

Anybody have any experience of the XC50-230mm ?

I'm looking for a cheap zoom for my lad, and I was going to look at a refurbed XF55-200mm but they haven't had one in the refurb store for a while.

Seeing that it's f6.7 at the long end I was a bit worried how useable it is, but it has got stabalisation.
Yeah I've got it for precisely that reason. It's only for occasional use so didn't wanna pay out for the XF version.
I'm very impressed. Did some shots at a wedding of speeches on a stage and I was on the other side of the reception room, light was lowish and it still stayed nice and sharp with the X-T2. It's noticeably a step down from my 18-55 side by side but honestly it's a great lens for a very little price (especially used).

@mickledore @ChrisH C'mon then spill. where are these new 'interesting locations' in Manchester, and what/where is the arty/crafty place (or is that the graffiti) ??
We'll take you:p
Sometime.

If you carry on past the Ancoats Mill you come to another disused looking warehouse. There is wall art on the window boardings. At the far end there is an alley way with more wall art. Looks definitely a place for mind altering substances. At the end of this alley is a way into a courtyard. Wall art all over.
We met the guy who manages the mill for the owners and the guy who runs it. Don't know what he was on, but it smelled rather strong!
The warehouse is divided into small units. A rock band was practicing in one. A scene creator was in another. Jewellry. Dance school. You get the drift.
Not sure I'd have the balls to walk down there on my own for the first time. Guard dog was a Siberian sheep hound. It was massive, as we're the chains (plural) holding it back. The pit bull type dog was running free!
The skulls were by the canal; same canal as Chips Building is on but half a mile further down.

@mickledore I was reading a bit more into what the guy was saying about inverting the skulls image. I though by inverting them vertically they had more interest. Sadly it looked like there was more to them on my phone, but now on my big screen it doesn't quite do what I thought.

Thanks @ChrisH I wasn't altogether following what the guy was on about. He obviously knew all about that stuff but was not very lucid!
A good day though.

Well that cleared things up. :eek:

Reactions: Nod
@ChrisH
Having a spare moment I searched for the old fire station we were exploring.
Came up with this on Wikipedia.
Very interesting, until two words appeared...Britannia Hotels. Round this way they are totally despised for a litany of dubious business practices.
I would never knowingly stay in any of their establishments.
Have a read, it makes your heart bleed to find out what has happened with this once magnificent building.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London_Road_Fire_Station,_Manchester

Well that cleared things up. :eek:

Ray Stephens recorded "The Streak" which included the line(s) "Don't look, Ethel!" which was relevant to a post I made a few years ago. The Prescott surname comes from the fact that Mrs Nod and I both drive the same make of car as "2 J**s". The Nod, NOT Ethel comes from people thinking my real name was Ethel when most people really do call me Nod in real life. Hopefully that clears up any confuzzlation!

@ChrisH
Having a spare moment I searched for the old fire station we were exploring.
Came up with this on Wikipedia.
Very interesting, until two words appeared...Britannia Hotels. Round this way they are totally despised for a litany of dubious business practices.
I would never knowingly stay in any of their establishments.
Have a read, it makes your heart bleed to find out what has happened with this once magnificent building.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London_Road_Fire_Station,_Manchester
The council have finally stepped in and it is going to be turned into a hotel but not Britannia now.

They did some tours at the end of last year and it looks like there are some more coming up.

http://www.jonathanschofieldtours.com/exclusive-london-road-fire-station-tour.html

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/whats-on/hotel-london-road-fire-station-11693146

OOPS. They don't do Sunday 30th April. They do the week after. Any use?
Edit. Just seen Chris's post. 7th May any use?

Back