The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Personally I found the 18-135 very useful when on holiday, but apart from at night (obviously!) it was always sunny and worked perfectly for my needs.

To sign off wishing you all a wonderful Christmas and a great new year :)

I just want to wish everyone here a very Merry Crimbo & Happy New year! I've got home for Xmas and greatly appreciate all your support over the many months, my stem cell transplant date is for the end of January I've just found out recently, that's my Xmas present.......over the moon.

Love to all;
Peter

Peter. Thoughts are with you mate. Have a great Christmas. All the best for the coming year.

I just want to wish everyone here a very Merry Crimbo & Happy New year! I've got home for Xmas and greatly appreciate all your support over the many months, my stem cell transplant date is for the end of January I've just found out recently, that's my Xmas present.......over the moon.

Love to all;
Peter

All the very best for the new year, Peter. Like others, I hope everything works out for you.

I'd also question the 18-135, if you need the focal length range, WR and the OIS (which is very good on this lens) the great go for it, but....
  • Its physically quite big
  • Isn't Fuji's sharpest moment (though this may bot matter to you)
  • Isn't good for low light with moving targets (ie children)
I've owned bot the 18-135 and the 18-55, and apart from focal length range the 18-55 IMHO is lot better.

I still own both and it's the 18-135 that lives on my X-T1 - it's so much better at 56mm and beyond that I can live with the slight lack of ultimate sharpness that it displays side by side with the 18-55. As Mr P. says, it's not ideal for fast moving targets but neither is the 18-55 compared to a fast prime.

Personally I found the 18-135 very useful when on holiday, but apart from at night (obviously!) it was always sunny and worked perfectly for my needs.

To sign off wishing you all a wonderful Christmas and a great new year :)

Yup! (To all comments!)

Love to all;
Peter
Great news Peter, and hang in there. It's a very rough ride, but worth getting through!

Love to all;
Peter

That's great news Pete enjoy your Christmas mate

Very well seen. At first I overlooked the poor gent in the doorway - as would most passers-by. Very poignant.

Thanks Stephen

That’s an “Excellent” street style Fujigraph Sir, well seen & composed, with good exposure & colour.(y)

George.

Cheers George

Great and sad shot Graham, I spotted the bloke right away and know that doorways can help a bit for when folk are homeless.

Thanks Dave its sad, it seems to be the norm these days more the pity.

Love to all;
Peter

Woah, been away a while and hadn't seen any posts about this. Thoughts and prayers are with you, Peter and have a great Christmas!!

I think this shot and your post processing have produced a stunning photo. It tells a story to me of how easy it is to overlook someone when they are down and out.

Thanks Chris it seems the norm to see a lot of homeless these days. PP wise it was just a couple of images blended together not sure if would better in b&w will have to have a go.

Love to all;
Peter

Brilliant news Peter. That's a Christmas present you will always remember.

Is anyone having issues trying to claim their cashback? I had double cashback in the black Friday deal, and I'm trying to claim it back on Fuji's website and the form page is showing as closed?

Is anyone having issues trying to claim their cashback? I had double cashback in the black Friday deal, and I'm trying to claim it back on Fuji's website and the form page is showing as closed?

You need to wait 30 days before you can claim the cashback...

You need to wait 30 days before you can claim the cashback...

It's over the 30 days . I spoke with Fuji, it's an issue where Google is sending people to an expired offer! Type in the address manually and all's well

It's over the 30 days . I spoke with Fuji, it's an issue where Google is sending people to an expired offer! Type in the address manually and all's well

I didn't realise that Black Friday was already a month ago!! Jeez, time flies!

I know! It's an age thing. since I turned 50 it's like I'm in a time warp. I tie my laces in the morning, stand up and it's lunchtime
You’re lucky you can still tie your own laces! :(

Wasn't sure about this one and if the fog was too much but it's a quiet day so thought I would have a go at processing it - 120 second LE with the X-T20 and 18-55, taken in heavy fog..

Untitled by Gary Smith, on Flickr

Very nice Fujigraph Sir, works for me very well.(y)

George.

Wasn't sure about this one and if the fog was too much but it's a quiet day so thought I would have a go at processing it - 120 second LE with the X-T20 and 18-55, taken in heavy fog..

Untitled by Gary Smith, on Flickr
I like it! Could use some fog around here, especially in the city of Oxford itself, where it could look really good. But on the rare occasions when it's foggy in my street, it generally turns out that if I take a 15 minute bus ride into town, it's gone!

I like it! Could use some fog around here, especially in the city of Oxford itself, where it could look really good. But on the rare occasions when it's foggy in my street, it generally turns out that if I take a 15 minute bus ride into town, it's gone!

Thanks and yep, I know what you mean.. It's either the same for me and its gone by the time I get somewhere or it's just too foggy to drive !

On this day, low cloud looked good for long exposures but as I got there a heavy fog rolled in too - couldn't believe my luck !

Lovely Fujigraph Sir, with spot on exposure giving detail in the snow and the shadows, well composed, with a nice sprinkling of colour.(y)

George.
Cheers George, very kind! I've got one with ducks paddling downstream as well, but somehow three points of interest is one too many :)

So just prior to Christmas, I took advantage of a generous trade in offer from Wex / Calumet for my X-T10. Coupled with the cash back, trade-in bonus and free booster grip I took the opportunity to upgrade to the X-T2 which should hopefully see me right for quite a few years down the line. My intention was to sell the grip, however once on the camera with the 35mm f1.4 I found it was just too good to part with :D

Here's a small sample of shots taken over the last few days at my in-laws. Not technically perfect and some missed focus (apparently f1.4 is a little too shallow for a darting 2 year old!).

Cheers

Ian

As it’s the one-piece version (the two-piece I wanted not being available), it stopped just short of the battery door on the bottom, so full access just as normal.
Picked up the same bracket with 20% off using today's code on eBay [emoji849][emoji106]

Picked up the same bracket with 20% off using today's code on eBay [emoji849][emoji106]

I just got that email from eBay too. I was on a rush last week to get one but as I haven’t actually been out with the camera yet, despite the snow, I may as well have waited and got it cheaper o_O

I just got that email from eBay too. I was on a rush last week to get one but as I haven’t actually been out with the camera yet, despite the snow, I may as well have waited and got it cheaper o_O
I wasn't in any rush either, but with £9 off it was too good to not buy it [emoji847]

Back