The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

So does the new Lightroom handle Fuji files better?

It looks like I was wrong, and Adobe have now released a DNG converter to support the XT-3, I am just downloading it now, fingers crossed.

What does the Adobe DNG converter compare like with Iridient X-Transformer? Is the output quality the same?

What does the Adobe DNG converter compare like with Iridient X-Transformer? Is the output quality the same?

Ben, in simple terms, all Fuji X RAW converters convert the RAF files into another format, but all Fuji X RAW file converters convert the files slightly differently. Some are supposedly better/worse, some have better/worse interfaces. Everyone has a personal preference.

Chaps, quick question for any X-T3 owners. Has the AF speed been improved on the older 1.4 lenses like the 23mm and 56mm?

i don't own the xt3 but tried it out with the 56mm in the shop and it was very good.
i had the x-h1 and focus speed with the older lenses was fine. no issues. i'd expect an improvement with the xt3 for sure.

Picked up my X-T3 from Jessops on Sunday. Got out with it for a couple of hours yesterday afternoon. Still getting to grips with some of the differences over the X-T2 and completely forgot about using the touchscreen to focus!

DSCF1318-Edit-Edit2.jpg

tollymore.jpg

Last edited:
It's a kind of weekly competition where people submit an image they took in the previous 7 days using the hashtag. The winner from the previous week judges the current week.
Cool, and well done! Any idea what it means?

So as I found out "in the field" yesterday my cheapo remote release that worked fine with the X-T2 isn't compatible with the X-T3.

What are others using? This is considerably more expensive than what I've been using but current options seem limited: https://www.wexphotovideo.com/fujifilm-rr-100-remote-release-for-x-series-csc-1674588//

To be honest it's been age since I used an actual physical remote, I just use the phone apps (on both Fuji and Canon). Does the app not do what you need? I'm not a big user so there may be short comings I don't run into.

I was a bit disappointed using the app yesterday, maybe it was user error, but I couldn't change the camera mode, even if I changed the dial. For instance I was in aperture priority, but really wanted to be in manual. I couldn't work out how to do it with the app. Then I couldn't get bracketing to work.

I gave up and used an old cable release from my film days. Much easier...

Here's the photo I ended up taking:

Dumper truck
by Lewis Craik, on Flickr

I seem to be having yet another issue with my X-T3. :(

The camera is functioning perfectly in every aspect but one, it wont take a picture!
When I press the shutter button nothing happens. If I enter the menu and then press the shutter it exits the menu and goes back to showing live view on the LCD so the button itself is functioning, but it seems it has developed a software bug stopping it from knowing to take the shot when the button it pressed.

I can connect and control via the app and can successfully take a shot that way..

I have had more issues with this camera in the last 3-4 weeks than I have had in the last 15 years of photography. :(

I seem to be having yet another issue with my X-T3. :(

The camera is functioning perfectly in every aspect but one, it wont take a picture!
When I press the shutter button nothing happens. If I enter the menu and then press the shutter it exits the menu and goes back to showing live view on the LCD so the button itself is functioning, but it seems it has developed a software bug stopping it from knowing to take the shot when the button it pressed.

I can connect and control via the app and can successfully take a shot that way..

I have had more issues with this camera in the last 3-4 weeks than I have had in the last 15 years of photography. :(

I havent had this issue however there have been a few small bugs.

One of the issues is every now and then the electronic viewfinder seems to lag and become jerky. The live view remains ok. Turn off and on usually stops it but it would result in a missed shot if shooting action.

Another issue I have every now and again is the focus point square dissapears from live view so you cannot see where you are focussing. Again turn off and on.

I also had an issue where I tried to turn the camera off, but it didnt turn off. Had to take the battery out. This only happened once and was when I accidentally started a long exposure so tried to stop it early.

Feels like it needs a firmware update to fix some minor bugs.

EDIT: I have emailed the issues I have had to Fuji UK technical queries contact. Might be worth letting them know so they can look at the right firmware updates.

fujifilmtec_uk@fujifilm.com

Last edited:
I havent had this issue however there have been a few small bugs.

One of the issues is every now and then the electronic viewfinder seems to lag and become jerky. The live view remains ok. Turn off and on usually stops it but it would result in a missed shot if shooting action.

Another issue I have every now and again is the focus point square dissapears from live view so you cannot see where you are focussing. Again turn off and on.

I also had an issue where I tried to turn the camera off, but it didnt turn off. Had to take the battery out. This only happened once and was when I accidentally started a long exposure so tried to stop it early.

Feels like it needs a firmware update to fix some minor bugs.

EDIT: I have emailed the issues I have had to Fuji UK technical queries contact. Might be worth letting them know so they can look at the right firmware updates.

fujifilmtec_uk@fujifilm.com
I have emailed them regarding my other emails, but two weeks on I still have not had a reply. Will send off another now.

Have given the camera a factory reset but even that has not resolved the issue, right now it is just a very expensive brick. :(

Can I just ask what is probably a stupid question...

I have just started setting up my XT-3 with 2 memory cards, and taking Raw + Fire JPEG, when I preview the pictures in camera they both look the same, does the camera show a JPEG type image of the RAW file? I have noticed this when using the film simulations too, which I thought only worked in JPEG mode.

Thanks

Can I just ask what is probably a stupid question...

I have just started setting up my XT-3 with 2 memory cards, and taking Raw + Fire JPEG, when I preview the pictures in camera they both look the same, does the camera show a JPEG type image of the RAW file? I have noticed this when using the film simulations too, which I thought only worked in JPEG mode.

Thanks
I may be wrong, but I believe that it is true of any camera that a raw file cannot be displayed and they generate a jpeg thumbnail on the fly when you review them in camera. The same jpeg processing settings are probably applied so this would explain why you dont see a difference between raw and jpeg when reviewing on the camera.

I have emailed them regarding my other emails, but two weeks on I still have not had a reply. Will send off another now.

Have given the camera a factory reset but even that has not resolved the issue, right now it is just a very expensive brick. :(
Far better, in my experience, to ring them. They are usually very accommodating. Phone numbers can be obtained from the appropriate Fuji web site.

I may be wrong, but I believe that it is true of any camera that a raw file cannot be displayed and they generate a jpeg thumbnail on the fly when you review them in camera. The same jpeg processing settings are probably applied so this would explain why you dont see a difference between raw and jpeg when reviewing on the camera.
That sounds reasonable, thanks for the reply :)

Far better, in my experience, to ring them. They are usually very accommodating. Phone numbers can be obtained from the appropriate Fuji web site.
I do like to keep things like this on a written record, but if they don't reply prett soon then I will certainly be chasing up with a phone call, thanks.:)

I know that strictly I should be dealing with the retailer first, but with it being a newly released camera I wanted to make sure these issues are getting back to Fuji to resolve, rather than Jessops sending it back simply labeled as faulty.

I had an hour yesterday afternoon down at my local lake in Iver (Bucks) and rather than my 100-400, I limited myself to my 35 f1.4. It worked out better than expected....

DSCF2901 by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

DSCF2899 by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

DSCF2886 by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

The Flickr album is here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/stevejelly/albums/72157674594776798 And I've uploaded them to the TP group as well.

I found the challenge of just me, an X-T2 and 35mm quite refreshing. I had the 16mm in my pocket, just in case......

I had an hour yesterday afternoon down at my local lake in Iver (Bucks) and rather than my 100-400, I limited myself to my 35 f1.4. It worked out better than expected....

DSCF2901 by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

DSCF2899 by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

DSCF2886 by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

The Flickr album is here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/stevejelly/albums/72157674594776798 And I've uploaded them to the TP group as well.

I found the challenge of just me, an X-T2 and 35mm quite refreshing. I had the 16mm in my pocket, just in case......

That is either a tiny lake or those are very big leaves.

Last edited:
Back