The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I hate neck straps so, I use an Op-tech wrist strap on my X-T2. I like the Peak Design Slide, but I only use them on heavier DSLR's to take the weight off my neck and shoulders, must admit that I'd never thought of getting one for the Fuji as it's not as much of a burden to carry as my D4.

I use a wrist strap, that I made myself - cost me about 50p and works a treat. just a length of 10mm wide webbing with a loop sewn in one end and a clip on the other, pass the clip through the loop and you have a 'noose' type tightening on your wrist.

Likewise, I 'knitted' a paracord wrist strap which works very well and cost peanuts

Apparently the new Fuji X100V is due out in Feb 2020.
Better get saving! :D

meh, I bought the X100s when it first came out and only used it a handful of times on holiday. It did spur me on to look into the Fuji system though as I liked the results, just not really big on compact cameras. They are nice for people who like small and light and no fuss, just that single prime, but no for me.

meh, I bought the X100s when it first came out and only used it a handful of times on holiday. It did spur me on to look into the Fuji system though as I liked the results, just not really big on compact cameras. They are nice for people who like small and light and no fuss, just that single prime, but no for me.
I already have the Sony 35mm f1.8 lens now so seems pointless in my getting the X100V unless its really radically different from the current version.
Need to sell off my GM lenses first before any more spending :D lol

I already have the Sony 35mm f1.8 lens now so seems pointless in my getting the X100V unless its really radically different from the current version.
Need to sell off my GM lenses first before any more spending :D lol

The rumours hint at a new lens, personally I would prefer a 35mm than 23, with beteer close focusing and 1.4 would be nice but I doubt that.

Of the rumours it says it might have the same sensor as the X-T3 and Xpro3.
I don't think the sensor is going to be anything different, so yes... ideally it will have the 26mp sensor and processor fro the XT-3/X-Pro3.
It's the lens which needs changing, as the current f2.0 version is slow to AF and soft wide open.
If Fuji released it with the following spec, I would be interested....

- 26mp X-Trans with Latest CPU
- New WR f1.8 / 2.0 Fujinon lens with Macro mode
- IBIS
- Silver & Black Duratec coatings
- Full magnesium weather sealed body
- Full flippy high resolution LCD screen
- Upgraded 120fps high resolution EVF
- Digital crop modes like the current X100F
- Dual SD slots
- Bigger Battery
- Face / Eye-AF
- 11fps with deep buffer
- 4K internal video recording

Mmmmm did I miss anything? lol :D

I have had the X100T and F, and would not revisit the X100 series again, if I wanted to upgrade my current bodies I would go with the XP3 and use the primes I already have, but I'm more than happy with the XP2 for that stuff anyway.

I don't think the sensor is going to be anything different, so yes... ideally it will have the 26mp sensor and processor fro the XT-3/X-Pro3.
It's the lens which needs changing, as the current f2.0 version is slow to AF and soft wide open.

- IBIS
- Dual SD slots
- Bigger Battery
- Face / Eye-AF
- 11fps with deep buffer

Nailed on that it's the same sensor. Can't imagine a larger battery or ibis though. Camera is too small for the battery to be bigger and I doubt the design will see a drastic change.

I think and I hope that the xh2 will get the larger battery from the gfx.

Nailed on that it's the same sensor. Can't imagine a larger battery or ibis though. Camera is too small for the battery to be bigger and I doubt the design will see a drastic change.

I think and I hope that the xh2 will get the larger battery from the gfx.
Rumours are Fuji won't be doing a XH-2 and the IBIS will feature in the XT-4 :eek:

- IBIS
- Dual SD slots
- Bigger Battery
- Face / Eye-AF
- 11fps with deep buffer

Hopeful list there Riz

I reckon that sensor, weather sealing, lens tweak and filth touchscreen are on the cards, hope they keep leaf shutter

Wouldn’t be surprised if the premium finishes were not saved for the 10th anniversary limited edition X109 in 2021

Last edited:
If any new comer to Fuji X needs help, then get this great book that I got from Amazon.

Fuji X Secrets
142 Ways to make the most of your Fujifilm X Series Camera. Written by Rico Pfirstinger. IMO it is one cracking book.
I've added that to my list when I finish the 3 books I am reading right now :)

View attachment 262632
More of a scouting shot than anything serious...the wind was howling. I will definitely be back to shoot this place again.

Absolutely as is off-camera with 35/2. I was quite happy to see the beautiful stars on all the lights in the scene...I have yet to download these images to my editing ‘puter and the shared image was simply shared via phone transfer...

Love it, great shot too with the 35mm f2.

What sort of camera strap do you guys use on your Fuji cameras?

My X-T20 has the supplied neck strap attached to it but I'm finding I don't use this and it just gets in the way, however I still want some kind of strap, ideally a wrist strap, any suggestions?
PD for me too - slide and clutch depending on how I feel...

Like this one Dave, suits the B&W too.
I love seeing images like these because they really challenge my often limited eye...
Many years of dull-n-boring (from a creative perspective) crime scene photography left a mark...my best excuse...

Really quite keen on the specs of the X-H1 and the results with the Viltrox 85mm @imattersuk got. I'm considering Fuji over Sony for the ergonomics and the beautiful colours, and heard good things about the shutter mech on the X-H1 and the nice user experience in the Fuji line. Perhaps a casual shooting camera for days out and a backup for my Weddings. I'm finding the D750 a bit of a lump for when I want to just walk around. Any recommendations on the best place to pick one up cheaply? Probably interested in getting one next month with a budget lens to start with.

Last edited:
Really quite keen on the specs of the X-H1 and the results with the Viltrox 85mm @imattersuk got. I'm considering Fuji over Sony for the ergonomics and the beautiful colours, and heard good things about the shutter mech on the X-H1 and the nice user experience in the Fuji line. Perhaps a casual shooting camera for days out and a backup for my Weddings. I'm finding the D750 a bit of a lump for when I want to just walk around. Any recommendations on the best place to pick one up cheaply? Probably interested in getting one next month with a budget lens to start with.

£889 on amazon with 3 batteries and a grip. Although that makes it not much smaller than a dslr.

£889 on amazon with 3 batteries and a grip. Although that makes it not much smaller than a dslr.
I'd probably go for it without the grip, although with it sounds like a great deal.

On Wex they are £889 too.

Lenses like the Viltrox are much better suited to the XH-1than the XT line ie. bigger / heavier, will balance far better.

£849 body only Wex.
Not much in it, the grip and extra batteries looks like the better option . I wonder if the second hand market offers much of a saving with prices like that for a new one.

What sort of camera strap do you guys use on your Fuji cameras?

My X-T20 has the supplied neck strap attached to it but I'm finding I don't use this and it just gets in the way, however I still want some kind of strap, ideally a wrist strap, any suggestions?
I use a wide nikon AN-6Y shoulder strap on my X-E3. I use the same strap on my Nikon DSLR too. (It came with a nikon F5 film camera I bought used)

With long lenses attached, I have the "prism" face inwards with the lens point straight down. With short primes attached, the camera can go the other way around with the camera/lens sitting horizontally at my side. I've only ever used wrist straps on very compact cameras like RX100 size.

Back