The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

You need to sell some camera gear and invest in a new laptop mate :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Yep, I did. Although not a lappy this time.
Mac Mini with 1TB SSD and 64GB RAM (I bought the RAM from Crucial and had it fitted. I'm not paying Apple £1000 for it. Saved over £600)
I already had a monitor and keyboard etc.
Using it now, have just edited a Raw from X-T4
This machine really flies.

Sold my Full Frame setup for it. Still not convinced i did the right thing.

Weir construction on River Wey at Guildford.jpg by Trevor, on Flickr

Still love my V;)

It's sod's law really, it would never have turned up if I hadn't bought the other kit.

btw, I love my V:love:

I love mine more :rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

Mac Mini with 1TB SSD and 64GB RAM (I bought the RAM from Crucial and had it fitted. I'm not paying Apple £1000 for it. Saved over £600)

That’s the route I took @trevorbray with a mini - it used to be the cheapest way to get into MacOSX. Buying a new one is not much cheaper than a MacBook air now. Unfortunately I didn’t gel with the basics of the OS compared to Windows (although got some use out of iMovie) and also struggled trying to run MAC & Windows happily together in my house. So, I’m back with Windoze 10 and much more comfortable (y)(y)

So we’ve got a FB group, and a Flickr group. But, is anyone else on Blipfoto?

https://www.blipfoto.com/alanfstop

I’ve just joined (free account) and am still getting to grips with it - it is basically a daily photo journal where you aim to post one photo a day taken on that day. You can also add as much, or as little, narrative/waffle as you wish. The community seems quite active too.

With my new found love (Oh, did I not mention I love my new X100V?) I am going to be using this to encourage me to be creative, to improve my skills and to just use the thing more!

Last edited:

Very nice landscape style Fujigraph, nicely composed with a good punchy mono presentation.

George.

I love mine more :rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

That’s the route I took @trevorbray with a mini - it used to be the cheapest way to get into MacOSX. Buying a new one is not much cheaper than a MacBook air now. Unfortunately I didn’t gel with the basics of the OS compared to Windows (although got some use out of iMovie) and also struggled trying to run MAC & Windows happily together in my house. So, I’m back with Windoze 10 and much more comfortable (y)(y)
used to build gaming pc's but hate them ever since moving to imac 2011, never tried a mac mini though and i'd love my x100v more than you if i had one :LOL::LOL:

Yes it’s JPG only, but it’s not bad and certainly useable, I’ve set the button inside the EVF/OVF selector to be RAW, pressing this once takes me out of my usual RAW+JPG into JPG , then the focus ring switches the digital zoom focal lengths, after taking the shot the camera automatically goes back into RAW+JPG - so no chance of accidentally leaving it in JPG

Struggling to find how to change function of button in the lever to do this, any pointers please?

"MANY THANKS" to all you Fuji-X ers that have responded to my recent invites to join the "Fuji-X United" Flickr group.

My apologies to anyone on this section of TP that uses Flickr that I've not yet managed to get round to inviting, but all of you are "VERY WELCOME" to join the group and it would be great to have you all along.

George.

Dungeness... XE1 + 16mm F1.4

73NQ2Yi.jpg

Last edited:
im very impressed with the images coming out of my daughters XT100 and 15-45. i must stick the 35f2 on and check them

I thought about this lens just for casual out and about, or when people say "Take a picture of us" - family gatherings etc, trying to explain to them last time that all I had with me was a 60mm macro lens didn't compute - 'can't you zoom out?' ... :rolleyes: I have heard that it is nice and sharp, just a bit fiddly to use. I'm not big on zooms in general but be nice to have one in the bag for those situations

Also just noticed ... they really added emoticons to likes on posts here? :facepalm:

Last edited:
I thought about this lens just for casual out and about, or when people say "Take a picture of us" - family gatherings etc, trying to explain to them last time that all I had with me was a 60mm macro lens didn't compute - 'can't you zoom out?' ... :rolleyes: I have heard that it is nice and sharp, just a bit fiddly to use. I'm not big on zooms in general but be nice to have one in the bag for those situations

Also just noticed ... they really added emoticons to likes on posts here? :facepalm:
I noticed that this evening. yes the wire zoom thing isnt the most friendly but for static stuff not really an issue,i think if she didnt have one that I hopefully can borrow from time to time i would get one for myself

ill tell you what im getting off those files is an odour of the x100 original,i know its bayer etc but even so its somewhat different but there is soemthing that im liking a lot,im going to nick it when shes out and do a few comparisons with the XT1 and see which look if any I prefer.

Took a trip out to Balcombe Viaduct (or Ouse Valley Viaduct), it`s called both or either for some reason. Hadn`t been there for a long time, and it doesn`t change. Still cool as ...

Into The Darkness by Paulie-W, on Flickr
Superb shot, that's really good mate :)

Took a trip out to Balcombe Viaduct (or Ouse Valley Viaduct), it`s called both or either for some reason. Hadn`t been there for a long time, and it doesn`t change. Still cool as ...

Into The Darkness by Paulie-W, on Flickr

“Cracking“ Fujigraph, nuff said.

George.

Back