The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

You do see the hood in the bottom right of the OVF but it is minimal and it is mostly covered by the mini EVF. It is not as obtrusive as either of the JJC hoods or the original X100 Fuji hood.

The adapter ring screws on, a 49mm filter screws onto the adapter inner thread and the hood screws on to the adapter outer thread. It is a superb bit of kit and looks lovely on my silver X100V and the black one would be the same.

It fits all X100 bodies.
Good find, I've ordered it(y)

Looks more pleasing to the eye than the vented jobbie.

You do see the hood in the bottom right of the OVF but it is minimal and it is mostly covered by the mini EVF. It is not as obtrusive as either of the JJC hoods or the original X100 Fuji hood.

The adapter ring screws on, a 49mm filter screws onto the adapter inner thread and the hood screws on to the adapter outer thread. It is a superb bit of kit and looks lovely on my silver X100V and the black one would be the same.

It fits all X100 bodies.

You love spending my money.

Just because you've spent up on that fancy sewing machine:p

Do you have a link to this video, please? I'd be interested in seeing it :) TIA

in this x70 accessories video on youtube by bigheadtaco

here

There is another I watched but I'm on my phone and not signed in to youtube so cant find it, all icognito browsing so no history to check. I'll have a look to see if I can find it again. There's also a few posts on other forums I saw when I googled it.

Playing with the film simulations available on the V. This is Classic Neg which has some nice muted colours.

Castor Oil
by Alan F-Stop, on Flickr
It's got a nice colour tone. Trees look good in classic neg, classic chrome kills vibrancy for trees.

It's my favourite landscape film at the moment. Astia and velvia are too GREEN and a bit in your face saturation.

The vented 'jobbie' is to allow more of the field of view to be visible in the OVF

From an impact point of view the vented 'jobbie' is very good - remember I have road-tested this when I broke my ankle - the camera was in my hand at the time, and took significant impact on the lens hood when I and it hit the ground, the hood was distorted, and because of the vents compressed (ie it had some crush impact) - if the hood had been solid this force would have been transmitted to the lens/camera - so by all means use a solid hood, but don't fall over!

I've got the vented and don't like it. The vents don't help with the ovf on the v. It still protrudes into the left corner too so I may as well have one I like the look of. Can't go wrong for a genuine at £19

You love spending my money.

Just because you've spent up on that fancy sewing machine:p

Not quite spent up, or so it seems.

Emboldened at just how easy it is to use my card and after years of suffering Fuji after Fuji, the COS has wreaked a savage blow to my X-T4 and other bits fund.

Whilst I was thrilled to own a BabyLock Gloria, I am besides myself with joy at now owning a Juki Keira NX7. Don't look it up, I am too embarrased at once again being taken to the cleaners.

I am now going to find the Mess Revolver and may not be posting for..........

Glad you ordered the hood....

However, every cloud etc. I have just received a FujiFilm 2x Teleconverter off EBay which is as new and this afternoon a nice chap from WEX will deliver a Sony RX100 M3 and bits which is on offer at the mo'.

Not quite spent up, or so it seems.

My camera pot is now empty, almost..........

Juki Keira NX7

nice, 30mp with various film sims and ibis:ROFLMAO:

At least you know your place in household hierarchy. I sort of do but currently living with my head in the clouds until my wife finds out what else she's got take delivery of for me.
I wish these companies would ring me and hand deliver to me in the next street or on the street corner. She'd still find out, I think my pup is grassing me up too. She knows too much.

Playing with the film simulations available on the V. This is Classic Neg which has some nice muted colours.

Castor Oil
by Alan F-Stop, on Flickr

Very nice close up style Fujigraph, with some lovely colours & detail.

"Must admit I've never used any of the film simulations on any camera, I always shoot in RAW and do all colour balance and other PP manually. I'm kinda guessin' I should really give some of them a go"

George.

Whilst I was thrilled to own a BabyLock Gloria, I am besides myself with joy at now owning a Juki Keira NX7. Don't look it up, I am too embarrased at once again being taken to the cleaners.

My wife has a Juki LU2810 - but then she does currently run an upholstery business, she is closing this as she is going to university in September, so it will be up for sale shortly :)

My wife has a Juki LU2810 - but then she does currently run an upholstery business, she is closing this as she is going to university in September, so it will be up for sale shortly :)

I thank you for your kind post. She has 3 Juki machines which I believe join pieces of cloth together. She will not have a fourth.

I am firm and back in control and oh wait out....coming Dear! ;)

Leigh-On-Sea... Just after Sunrise with Fuji Xe1 and Xf 16mm F1.4

0fIHLAK.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice close up style Fujigraph, with some lovely colours & detail.

"Must admit I've never used any of the film simulations on any camera, I always shoot in RAW and do all colour balance and other PP manually. I'm kinda guessin' I should really give some of them a go"

George.

Thanks for the comments George. Apart from some experimenting with RAW several years ago, I only ever shoot JPG.

Leigh-On-Sea... Just after Sunrise with Fuji Xe1 and Xf 16mm F1.4

0fIHLAK.jpg

"Excellent" landscape/seascape Fujigraph, pushes all the right buttons for me.

George.

Thanks for the comments George. Apart from some experimenting with RAW several years ago, I only ever shoot JPG.

That's something else I've never tried Alan, I've heard the JPG files are supposed to be excellent from the Fuji-X series of cameras, I really must get up to speed and try some of these settings out. I guess old habits dye hard as I've always gone for trying to get the finest quality possible from a camera when maybe its not always necessary.

George.

Any way to get a longer focal length on an X100 series camera thats longer than the TCL (50mm FF equivilent)? Modified extenstion tubes on before the TCL or something?

I got some snaps yesterday wholst iut on a bike ride and coyld have done with maybe an extra 20mm onnit aa it was woodland. I'll post the oic soon enough but i feel the longer focal length conoression would have made it better.

Any way to get a longer focal length on an X100 series camera thats longer than the TCL (50mm FF equivilent)? Modified extenstion tubes on before the TCL or something?

I got some snaps yesterday wholst iut on a bike ride and coyld have done with maybe an extra 20mm onnit aa it was woodland. I'll post the oic soon enough but i feel the longer focal length conoression would have made it better.

will the digital zoom not give you any extra with the tcl

Yeah, if it's the same as the 100F then you can set the manual focus ring to zoom in and out when not in manual focus mode. There are like three levels of zoom IIRC. It's digital mind, so it's no different than just cropping a non zoomed photo.

Ive just tried it but it wont zoom. Hmmm. Will craxk out the manual and try it later. Yeah not fond of digital zoom but if it's only a small drop in quality then I'd take it. Thanks both!

Ive just tried it but it wont zoom. Hmmm. Will craxk out the manual and try it later. Yeah not fond of digital zoom but if it's only a small drop in quality then I'd take it. Thanks both!

You might have to select digital zoom as an option for the focus ring? I think the button to change the option is the one in the middle of the switch to swap between EVF and OVF. You can change it so that the focus ring changes white balance or film simulations too if you don't use digital zoom. Well, that's assuming the settings work the same between the V and the F!

You might have to select digital zoom as an option for the focus ring? I think the button to change the option is the one in the middle of the switch to swap between EVF and OVF. You can change it so that the focus ring changes white balance or film simulations too if you don't use digital zoom. Well, that's assuming the settings work the same between the V and the F!

Yeah same button matey and ive selected it. Moght be what Bumper is say about JPEG.

think it's jpeg only

Im shooting JPEG + RAW. Will set it to JPEG only and try. Probably wouldn't be of use to me if it's JPEG only though as I'd not be able to achieve the look I'd want for the photo. Might just have to buy another X-T4......hehe

Yes it’s JPG only, but it’s not bad and certainly useable, I’ve set the button inside the EVF/OVF selector to be RAW, pressing this once takes me out of my usual RAW+JPG into JPG , then the focus ring switches the digital zoom focal lengths, after taking the shot the camera automatically goes back into RAW+JPG - so no chance of accidentally leaving it in JPG

The digital zoom (DZ) also works if you have an X100 TCL fitted. The DZ focal lengths (50mm and 70mm) change from 50mm to 72mm and 70mm to 100mm.

I have the X70 WCL and it changes the 50mm to 41mm and the 70mm to 58mm.

Only JPG but perfectly useable and my set up to change to DZ is exactly as the same as David's.

Might just have to buy another X-T4......hehe

Most lame excuse to get an xt4.................... ever :ROFLMAO:

Like my xt4 but love my V. I may have said before that I love my V, maybe a dozen times or more. I do love my V:love:

The extra reach on the 16-80mm is nice but the tcl on the V is nice and looks cool, and I love it:snaphappy:

Most lame excuse to get an xt4.................... ever :ROFLMAO:

Like my xt4 but love my V. I may have said before that I love my V, maybe a dozen times or more. I do love my V:love:

The extra reach on the 16-80mm is nice but the tcl on the V is nice and looks cool, and I love it:snaphappy:

I love my V too. I never said I would get rid of it ;) V for everything. X-T4 for longer lenses haha. Nah, I'll be sticking with just the V only for a long while, it's just exciting to mix the GAS tank sometimes :p

Back