The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I bought an X-T4 last week but am still yet to take delivery of any of the lenses I've ordered to go with it. This is the very definition of frustration. It's sat there charged up ready to go!

I should get my 18mm f/2 in the post tomorrow. I know this is a marmite lens and I know it won't win any MTF battles but I've always really loved the look of images from this and the size is fantastic for family trips out.

Obviously haven't got much to say about the X-T4 yet other than it looks nice! Does feel quite a bit bigger and heavier than my previous X-T2. Not in a bad way, just an observation. I guess if I'd got to this via the X-T3 I probably wouldn't notice the incremental differences. Looking forward to getting stuck in.

There's a firmware update announced today for a bunch of bug fixes. May as well get that done while you're waiting.

@popcorn When it was refurbed X-H1 v new X-T3 a couple of months ago, the X-H1 was a bargain, now the X-T3 ahs dropped in price the difference is less so. That said I would plump for X-H1 everytime - unless you have to hipster silver - The X-H1 is a very complete camera and the extra weight/bulk is barely noticeable when in the hand.

After some more reading and youtube-ing last night I'm definately leaning towards the X-H1. Whilst it's in no way as pretty as the XT3/X-T30 I think it suits my requirements more. There's one in the for sale section too.... Just hope I gather enough pennies for my big 5-0 birthday next week to buy one, then ship the M43 kit off to mpb in exchange for a lens or 2.

After some more reading and youtube-ing last night I'm definately leaning towards the X-H1. Whilst it's in no way as pretty as the XT3/X-T30 I think it suits my requirements more. There's one in the for sale section too.... Just hope I gather enough pennies for my big 5-0 birthday next week to buy one, then ship the M43 kit off to mpb in exchange for a lens or 2.

Chris., In my honest opinion the X-H1 is a wise choice, they are one hell of a good camera and very nice to use.

George.

Matter of personal taste really, I prefer a camera to be discreet and more rugged than pretty :D The H1 is at least a little better looking than the Panasonic G80 I had - nothing wrong with that camera it just looked a bit 'brdige cam' for my liking - You'll enjoy the H1, just make sure to update the FW if current owner hasn't already, there's a few other little tweaks you can do to make it more enjoyable - For one, I turned off Q button as it was useless for me and I was constantly switching it on by accident, it is in a silly place

The F is now in my sticky mits.

Hate to say it but it's brand new. Almost felt guilty bringing it home :D

The shutter count is 00, she's been using the ES. The bottom (sticky out rest knobs) of the camera are like new. Trying to set it up as the V but it's not going to happen so just getting it close.
Command dials are completely different uses, no aperture on command. Different fn buttons, nd not on front selector. Getting the hang of it though.

I took the chance of buying the x70 hood in silver after getting the black for the V. Looks great but the F metal cap doesn't fit the hood. I'll get a silver V cap for it.

Well, what a roller coaster it's been over the past 2 weeks. Fancied a V, ended up selling all of my Canon gear. I now have a V,F, and an X-T4. It's nice to holding Fujis again.

The shutter count is 00, she's been using the ES. The bottom (sticky out rest knobs) of the camera are like new. Trying to set it up as the V but it's not going to happen so just getting it close.
Command dials are completely different uses, no aperture on command. Different fn buttons, nd not on front selector. Getting the hang of it though.

I took the chance of buying the x70 hood in silver after getting the black for the V. Looks great but the F metal cap doesn't fit the hood. I'll get a silver V cap for it.

Well, what a roller coaster it's been over the past 2 weeks. Fancied a V, ended up selling all of my Canon gear. I now have a V,F, and an X-T4. It's nice to holding Fujis again.

Quite a journey o_O
You going to take some pics now or buying/selling some more? :exit:

Some of you know that last year I bought a cottage on the North Kent Coast purely as a Vacational/RnR retreat and at about the same time I bought this little Sail/Outboard boat which I absolutely "Love". Well this snap was taken from the upstairs veranda of the cottage which gives you and idea of just how close the property is to the beach, in actual fact there's only a walkway and a small sea wall between my front garden and the beach.

Just a simple Fujigraph taken at Kent UK of my small Sail/Outboard Boat waiting for the tide. I've messed about with the PP on this snap to give a kinda water colour effect.

X-H1, 55-200mm Lens, 1/750th @ F5.6, ISO-200, Handheld.
My Sail Boat-03432 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

That's a positive "Result" in my book David, congrat's & "ENJOY".

George.

Quite a journey o_O
You going to take some pics now or buying/selling some more? :exit:
I may be going out with the xt4 tomorrow:D

I worked over last night and early today to get my work done. It's not been bad here today but it's been rough over he past couple of days, hope its okay tomorrow.

Apart from a couple more t4 batteries ( the rip off charger arrived) and the silver V cap for the F, my camera pot is now barren:(
On the plus side I'm kitted out with Fuji goodness :love:

Thanks @G.K.Jnr. , think I will enjoy (y)

Right, so I have three things.

1 - The 3D printed thumb grips. Firstly apologies on being slow on this however the thumb grips aren't really working. The files garbage because its too thick to fit in the hotshoe and I've spend ages filing it down. Its too snug. I've modified the file and its not as strong. For that reason I'm not going to bother with them sorry. Battery protectors I can do as they turned out great so if you want one for price of postage then hit me up.

2 - *in a low volume* has anyone aby idea where I can buy a front ring for my X100V in black? Tried searching Ebay but nothing. Not even for other models. Lost it in the woods from all the switching back and forth of WCL and TCL. It was in my bag but I'm lying clearly.

3 - I don't a bad thing and bought another camera. A Sony A7RII to be exact. For the longer focal lengths only I promise. Yes, I'm keeping the X100V so I can still be part of the gang

EDIT: I've literally just found the front ring. Yay! Was in a crevice.

Last edited:
Had a drive round this evening looking for something to point my new (to me) XF55-200. Came across this lovely old barn...

I'm very impressed with the XF55-200, I was a bit unsure when I got hold of it earlier this week, but shooting a few images with it, I'm warming to it!

Barn Find
by Dave Young, on Flickr

Surprised that that barn is still standing up, it has lost most of its cladding and has no cross bracing. looks like a puff of wind would take it down.

Is the Fuji Dual Charger still the only available one for the new NP-W235 battery?
Managed to order a couple of 3rd party batteries off Amazon though

In the UK I dont believe so. Wasabi have released batteries and a charger on the US Amazon store and also on their website. I remember Fuji Rumours posting about this a while back. Unsure you'll get anything anytime soon. If you've got a grip then you can charge them through the grip.

Last edited:
In the UK I believe so. Wasabi have released batteries and a charger on the US Amazon store and also on their website. I remember Fuji Rumours posting about this a while back. Unsure you'll get anything anytime soon. If you've got a grip then you can charge them through the grip.

Thanks; I can wait I guess - can charge them in the camera for now!

Is the Fuji Dual Charger still the only available one for the new NP-W235 battery?
Managed to order a couple of 3rd party batteries off Amazon though
Which batteries did you get?
could not see any with any reviews, though Amazon reviews are a bit suspect.

Sold my little Ricoh GR2 as it wasn’t getting much use - twitching now as the money’s sat in the bank, may need to make an emergency purchase before the Wife realises it’s there!

Been looking at X100f’s which look good value at the moment, looks like I’m full on Fuji at the moment. :rolleyes:

Sold my little Ricoh GR2 as it wasn’t getting much use - twitching now as the money’s sat in the bank, may need to make an emergency purchase before the Wife realises it’s there!

Been looking at X100f’s which look good value at the moment, looks like I’m full on Fuji at the moment. :rolleyes:

X100F's look amazing value right now. It's very tempting.

DO IT!

X100F's look amazing value right now. It's very tempting.

DO IT!

Those F's are a bargain, mine was :D

Went out with the pup today. Had to make a few detours due to logging so didn't make it to my destination.
Took the t4 and the F. The t4 barely made it out of the bag because I didn't get to the small waterfall I wanted to shoot.

The beauty of the F (and my V:love:), I can hold the lead with one hand and shoot with the other holding the camera.

Those F's are a bargain, mine was :D

Went out with the pup today. Had to make a few detours due to logging so didn't make it to my destination.
Took the t4 and the F. The t4 barely made it out of the bag because I didn't get to the small waterfall I wanted to shoot.

The beauty of the F (and my V:love:), I can hold the lead with one hand and shoot with the other holding the camera.

Nice snaps. You have an F and a V? Why not punt the F and keep the V?

It's minty fresh and waiting for you Chris LOL

Back