The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

My other new toy arrived today - so if the weather improves and stays dry tomorrow I might take a pic of the V on film or the film camera with the V o_O. It’s only been about 25 years since I last touched anything film related.
I'd use the V to take the pic. You may need a few days trying to remember how to load film :ROFLMAO:

I'd use the V to take the pic. You may need a few days trying to remember how to load film :ROFLMAO:

I tend to agree - I can imagine once I’ve ‘re-experienced’ the whole analogue thing, and bungled around with the 2 rolls of film I bought, and sent off to be processed, and waited a week, and got back 72 shots of not a lot, it’ll be going straight back on fleabay.

I am already annoyed with stabbing my nose against the back of the body - unlike my beloved rangefinder esque Fuji X100V of course :love:

sent off to be processed, and waited a week, and got back 72 shots of not a lot,

Don't forget the stickers on the some prints saying that you're a bit crap at photography :ROFLMAO:
And the shots where you pressed the shutter button when you were walking and it's a nice shot of your shorts or pavement!

I don't know if they still put the little stickers on, not done film for years.

Don't forget the stickers on the some prints saying that you're a bit crap at photography :ROFLMAO:
And the shots where you pressed the shutter button when you were walking and it's a nice shot of your shorts or pavement!

I don't know if they still put the little stickers on, not done film for years.

I’m going to get the negatives scanned and download the files from the interweb - not sure if that’s cheating a bit? So they can stick their stickers where the sun don’t shine :p

Anyone know of a reasonably priced L bracket for the X100F?

Looking at you @Mr Perceptive :ROFLMAO:

I have one, a cheapo e-bay jobbie - Fittest LB-X100F, looks just like this one https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/2545297896...MI9fvd8dWw6gIVVOvtCh15Ew65EAQYAyABEgJsG_D_BwE

But its not very good, and I only use it when I need to mount camera on my tripods - why is is not very good, beacuse the extra grip is so tall it comes very close to the front control wheel, and makes it awkward to use.

I note another firmware update for the X-T4:
Detail of the firmware update
Ver.1.02
The firmware update Ver.1.02 from Ver.1.01 incorporates the following issues:
Improvement of BIS function during a movie shooting.
The phenomenon is fixed that images, which were erased from an SD card with SIMULTANEOUS DELETE ON, are played back.
The phenomenon is fixed that overexposure can happen in a certain shooting condition.
The phenomenon is fixed that a camera doesn’t wake up by pressing the shutter button after auto power off worked.
Fix of minor bugs

I have one, a cheapo e-bay jobbie - Fittest LB-X100F, looks just like this one https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/2545297896...MI9fvd8dWw6gIVVOvtCh15Ew65EAQYAyABEgJsG_D_BwE

But its not very good, and I only use it when I need to mount camera on my tripods - why is is not very good, beacuse the extra grip is so tall it comes very close to the front control wheel, and makes it awkward to use.
Thanks David, I've been looking at a couple of those, but really don't want the front hand grip on them.... guess the hunt continues!

Thanks David, I've been looking at a couple of those, but really don't want the front hand grip on them.... guess the hunt continues!

The front hand grip is removable (two allen bolts), but that woiuld leave a flange of metal, though a quick trip to the grinder would sort hat, I might do it on mine, as I hate the hand grip so much!!

The front hand grip is removable (two allen bolts), but that woiuld leave a flange of metal, though a quick trip to the grinder would sort hat, I might do it on mine, as I hate the hand grip so much!!
Ah OK. Might be worth a second look, thanks for the info. Appreciate it.

Ah OK. Might be worth a second look, thanks for the info. Appreciate it.

Just tried it without the handgrip, the flange left is slightly annoying but liveable with - I might try it like this for a bit, and it it gets annoying, then out with the grinder. Its still nicer than the generic ones, as the base recess is the same shape as the camera.

61D969DF-E0C9-4965-AC15-AD0BDE733C14.jpeg

Last edited:
Just tried it without the handgrip, the flange left is slightly annoying but liveable with - I might try it like this for a bit, and it it gets annoying, then out with the grinder. Its still nicer than the generic ones, as the base recess is the same shape as the camera.

View attachment 285145

That doesn’t look too bad. I guess for only tripod use it wouldn’t be too annoying. I’ll give it further thought - after the last week or so’s spending the Wife may well have a word or two if I make anymore purchases:ROFLMAO:

Got to love Fuji refurbished.

Ordered my X100f yesterday morning, delivered this morning around ¾ hour ago.... mint/as new condition. Brilliant service as always from them.

Sorry the Arca Grip is only available in black - I guess you could get it sprayed or coated to match you hipster colour camera :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I can live with it - I’ve got plenty of other black cameras at the moment!

To be honest I’d have preferred black, but too slow ordering from the refurb site and they went out of stock. :rolleyes:

In truth if they’d had the brown leather and silver option I’d have been very tempted.o_Oo_O

I can live with it - I’ve got plenty of other black cameras at the moment!

To be honest I’d have preferred black, but too slow ordering from the refurb site and they went out of stock. :rolleyes:

In truth if they’d had the brown leather and silver option I’d have been very tempted.o_Oo_O

The silver lining (pun intended) is that unlike my black V your colour will remain on the camera for longer. I've noticed two rubs already on the on/off switch and the focus ring and I'm always super careful with my cameras and put them in the back with nothing else touching them when I'm not using it. I'm a little gutted but I will be keeping the V forever likely so not so much an issue this time.

The silver lining (pun intended) is that unlike my black V your colour will remain on the camera for longer. I've noticed two rubs already on the on/off switch and the focus ring and I'm always super careful with my cameras and put them in the back with nothing else touching them when I'm not using it. I'm a little gutted but I will be keeping the V forever likely so not so much an issue this time.

I don't mind the odd rub or two o_O :ROFLMAO:

Just had a delivery of the wide angle x70 in silver for the F. Rather nice, gives a lovely wide view, adds bulk but a good price. Rubber hood is a bit s***. I don't want the expense of the tcl/wcl II for the F, it cost me enough as it is......
I've just added the converter option to my menu so I can do a quick change. Must remember to do it and to change it back when I take it off.

Had to have it, there was a gap under the F in the bag on the left hand side and it made the bag feel uneven when i was carrying it. Honest:oops: :$

That's both bags kitted out now......again. V :love: bag done with both converters and the t4/f bag finished. There's no room left now and I can't get any more in the bags!

Last edited:
Afternoon all. I'm just about to push the order button for a 23mm F2 but I've seen that it can be soft fully open at close distances. I'm really not fussed about pseudo-macro distances but can anyone say at what distance this disappears? As long as it's ok at say the distance across a table that's good enough for me. I know it goes if you stop down but for indoors I can see F2 being desirable.

Just had a delivery of the wide angle x70 in silver for the F. Rather nice, gives a lovely wide view, adds bulk but a good price. Rubber hood is a bit s***. I don't want the expense of the tcl/wcl II for the F, it cost me enough as it is......
I've just added the converter option to my menu so I can do a quick change. Must remember to do it and to change it back when I take it off.

Had to have it, there was a gap under the F in the bag on the left hand side and it made the bag feel uneven when i was carrying it. Honest:oops: :$

That's both bags kitted out now......again. V :love: bag done with both converters and the t4/f bag finished. There's no room left now and I can't get any more in the bags!

Excellent, on the hunt for a third bag then

Just taken delivery of my new ball head to suit my X T30. I noticed them on Ebay and at the price seemed worth a gamble as I had always wanted a low profile ball that had rotation at the Top.
I also liked the look of the more unusual ball tightening method.
Apart from the fantastic price of only £28.99 delivered ( said from china but actually posted in UK and came in under a week) It has proved to be exceedingly well made to very close tolerances and locks down solid as a rock. they say it will hold up to 12Kg and I would believe it.
Main features
On the top plate there is a miniature but very accurate spirit level
Both top and bottom rotators are smooth as butter and lock solid with no effort.
The 36mm ball is both smooth easy to adjust. and because it is locked around the circumference, does not move one iota with no sag, as it is tightened the lock lever clamps it rock solid with no effort.
With only a 75mm profile height with out mounting plate It adds minimum leverage.
The swiss type quick release is very precise with no play.
The weight with out a plate is 241 gm
and a nice little head cover bag....

Overall I am exceedingly pleased with it, and it is the easies ball I have ever had to level up and frame an image. ( mostly I do not care for ball heads so I am difficult to please.)

As part of my normal kit of Fuji X T30, Small rig L plate and Manfrotto 190xproL it compliments the rest very well.TA3X5520web.jpgTA3X5522web.jpgTA3X5525web.jpg

Last edited:

Can't you use the magnet trick..YouTube is your friend..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyaAcfESGuo

DSCF1365.jpg

David

You will use up too much buying time if you have to press buttons and stuff when you add the TCL. Bargains will be missed and all this 'the pot is dry' is bolleaux.

The addition of a simple magnet as shown in the piccy will do it for you like magic.

Take one small magnet and waft it around in front of the lens until the W or T icon comes up on the screen. On the V it is around 11 o'clock looking at the front. I say W or T as the position is the same, it is the polarity of the magnet that differentiates twixt W and T. I bought a TCL off EBay last week, as new, and have done the same with it.

Mark lens with pencil where the magnet energises the icon, screw on WCL and mark the WCL with pencil. Unscrew and with a bit of double sided tape, stick the magnet into the WCL ensuring you have the polarity correct.

Bingo! A Gentleman can now forget about time consumming alterations to his tackle and concentrate on purchasing the next gadget.

View attachment 285154

David

You will use up too much buying time if you have to press buttons and stuff when you add the TCL. Bargains will be missed and all this 'the pot is dry' is bolleaux.

The addition of a simple magnet as shown in the piccy will do it for you like magic.

Take one small magnet and waft it around in front of the lens until the W or T icon comes up on the screen. On the V it is around 11 o'clock looking at the front. I say W or T as the position is the same, it is the polarity of the magnet that differentiates twixt W and T. I bought a TCL off EBay last week, as new, and have done the same with it.

Mark lens with pencil where the magnet energises the icon, screw on WCL and mark the WCL with pencil. Unscrew and with a bit of double sided tape, stick the magnet into the WCL ensuring you have the polarity correct.

Bingo! A Gentleman can now forget about time consumming alterations to his tackle and concentrate on purchasing the next gadget.
Thank you kindly Sir.

My pot is empty. I've now got my sticky fingers in wife's pot.

That sounds so wrong.

Just taken delivery of my new ball head to suit my X T30. I noticed them on Ebay and at the price seemed worth a gamble as I had always wanted a low profile ball that had rotation at the Top.
I also liked the look of the more unusual ball tightening method.
Apart from the fantastic price of only £28.99 delivered ( said from china but actually posted in UK and came in under a week) It has proved to be exceedingly well made to very close tolerances and locks down solid as a rock. they say it will hold up to 12Kg and I would believe it.
Main features
On the top plate there is a miniature but very accurate spirit level
Both top and bottom rotators are smooth as butter and lock solid with no effort.
The 36mm ball is both smooth easy to adjust. and because it is locked around the circumference, does not move one iota with no sag, as it is tightened the lock lever clamps it rock solid with no effort.
With only a 75mm profile height with out mounting plate It adds minimum leverage.
The swiss type quick release is very precise with no play.
The weight with out a plate is 241 gm
and a nice little head cover bag....

Overall I am exceedingly pleased with it, and it is the easies ball I have ever had to level up and frame an image. ( mostly I do not care for ball heads so I am difficult to please.)

As part of my normal kit of Fuji X T30, Small rig L plate and Manfrotto 190xproL it compliments the rest very well.View attachment 285151View attachment 285152View attachment 285153

That's a nice looking ball head quite fancy one myself.

Back