The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

There's no room left now and I can't get any more in the bags!

I'm guessin' you'll just have to get a bigger bag David. :):exit:

George.

George

I'm too scared to order a 3mm magnet. I doubt I'll get away with another bag.

Just to make things worse, the sp2 printer is being delivered today.

Life, it was fun while it lasted..........

David., talkin' of bags have you tried the "New Handbag" trick. :):)

George.

printer is 4 stops away.............nice timing Amazon

She chose it but it isn't go to make it easier to slide up where the sun doesn't shine when she sees it.

see you all in Fuji heaven

I've posted a couple of these in the nature forum as well, but might as well put them in here as they were taken on an XT-2.

We had a hedgehog move into out garden last year and this year she's had babies. We've bought a house to put over her nest, and although she's very shy, her babies aren't, so they've been a regular photographic subject for me over the past few weeks. I've never shot nature before and don't really have the gear for it, so I've had to adapt and have been using my XT-2 and 16mm F2.8 on a Gorillapod, linked by wifi to the slightly erratic Fuji Cam Remote App. It's an improvised setup (a faster lens would be nicer), but I've been pleasantly surprised at how well the XT-2 copes with low light - it's not as good as my D4 but I didn't expect it to be. As the hedgehogs are under a shrub I'm shooting close up, and trying to freeze small movements, so I'm keeping the shutter speed quite high, and I've been using higher ISO's. ISO6400 and 12800 are cleaner than I thought they would be.

DSCF4198.jpg
ISO12800 with light from some lanterns
DSCF4260.jpg
Two babies - ISO8000

DSCF4277.jpg
Mummy and baby - ISO12800

I've posted a couple of these in the nature forum as well, but might as well put them in here as they were taken on an XT-2.

We had a hedgehog move into out garden last year and this year she's had babies. We've bought a house to put over her nest, and although she's very shy, her babies aren't, so they've been a regular photographic subject for me over the past few weeks. I've never shot nature before and don't really have the gear for it, so I've had to adapt and have been using my XT-2 and 16mm F2.8 on a Gorillapod, linked by wifi to the slightly erratic Fuji Cam Remote App. It's an improvised setup (a faster lens would be nicer), but I've been pleasantly surprised at how well the XT-2 copes with low light - it's not as good as my D4 but I didn't expect it to be. As the hedgehogs are under a shrub I'm shooting close up, and trying to freeze small movements, so I'm keeping the shutter speed quite high, and I've been using higher ISO's. ISO6400 and 12800 are cleaner than I thought they would be.

View attachment 285170
View attachment 285171
Two babies - ISO8000

View attachment 285172

These are great Andy, just getting that close with a camera must of been great fun. Wish we had some "hogs" in our garden...

That's a nice looking ball head quite fancy one myself.

I am quite gobsmacked at the quality for the price, even the arrises are bevelled, so there is no danger of scratching yourself on them. Many other makers leave sharp machined edges all over the place. At the price I could not resist. I have a heavier ball head and several lighter ones that were not up to the job.

View attachment 285170
View attachment 285171
Two babies - ISO8000

View attachment 285172

Three very nice wild life Fujigraphs, well seen & caught.

George.

Just taken delivery of my new ball head to suit my X T30. I noticed them on Ebay and at the price seemed worth a gamble as I had always wanted a low profile ball that had rotation at the Top.
I also liked the look of the more unusual ball tightening method.
Apart from the fantastic price of only £28.99 delivered ( said from china but actually posted in UK and came in under a week) It has proved to be exceedingly well made to very close tolerances and locks down solid as a rock. they say it will hold up to 12Kg and I would believe it.
Main features
On the top plate there is a miniature but very accurate spirit level
Both top and bottom rotators are smooth as butter and lock solid with no effort.
The 36mm ball is both smooth easy to adjust. and because it is locked around the circumference, does not move one iota with no sag, as it is tightened the lock lever clamps it rock solid with no effort.
With only a 75mm profile height with out mounting plate It adds minimum leverage.
The swiss type quick release is very precise with no play.
The weight with out a plate is 241 gm
and a nice little head cover bag....

Overall I am exceedingly pleased with it, and it is the easies ball I have ever had to level up and frame an image. ( mostly I do not care for ball heads so I am difficult to please.)

As part of my normal kit of Fuji X T30, Small rig L plate and Manfrotto 190xproL it compliments the rest very well.View attachment 285151View attachment 285152View attachment 285153

Looks very much like a rebranded version of the Dorr XB36 ball head I have. In which case it's a very nice piece of kit.

These are great Andy, just getting that close with a camera must of been great fun. Wish we had some "hogs" in our garden...

Thank you, I was sat at the other end of the garden watching and photographing them on the iPad as the mum hides if you get to close. The Cam Remote app is a bit erratic but it’s free so can’t complain!

Love those and their little sty.
Thank you!

Three very nice wild life Fujigraphs, well seen & caught.

George.

Thank you!

Been away from this site for a bit, but still getting out with the camera. Will take me a while to try and catch up with the pages, but will start looking through. In the meantime, I took this one last weekend
View attachment 285177

Very nice landscape style Fujigraph, nicely composed with some lovely light & sky.

George.

Any XT-30 users? Giving some serious consideration to picking one up, but just wondered how it stacked up in real world use against an XT-3.

Thanks in advance.

Simon.

I'm really quite pleased with the way this snap has blended together as it's my first time at putting a different sky into a snap (in colour). I guess it's a kinda international presentation as the foreground is from Kent UK and the sky is from back home in Tennessee USA. :)

Just a simple Landscape type Fujigraph taken at Kent UK of a walking/cycling track looking as if it leads to the sky.

X-H1, 18-55mm Lens, 1/1000th @ F5.6, ISO-200, Handheld.
Track To The Sky-03433 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

Looks quite natural. Not something I’ve ever experimented with myself:thinking:

I am quite gobsmacked at the quality for the price, even the arrises are bevelled, so there is no danger of scratching yourself on them. Many other makers leave sharp machined edges all over the place. At the price I could not resist. I have a heavier ball head and several lighter ones that were not up to the job.

Very tempted, how do you find the viewfinder on the T30 Terry. I wear glasses and I got one of these find them useful espically in sunlight. Drawback they slightly obscure the LCD

Any XT-30 users? Giving some serious consideration to picking one up, but just wondered how it stacked up in real world use against an XT-3.

Thanks in advance.

Simon.

Use to have a XT-3 alongside the the XT-30 but sold the XT-3 before the T4 come out with the intention of getting a T4. Still haven't got a T4 and probably wont till next year now. So safe to say I really like the XT-30.
Drawbacks no weather sealing but Im out in all weather with mine and its been fine.
The LCD screen does not tilt in portrait mode and now I do miss that.
Love the weight, my go to Landscape kit is T30 the 10-24, 35mm f2 and the 55-200 haven't weighed it but less the 1.5 kg Im guessing.
Size is a very personal preference a lot find it to small but I splash out and brought a Smallrig L bracket, not cheap but for me well worth it.
The viewfinder is not so good as the T3 and I found it a problem wearing glasses but I got one of these https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07PWM5T72/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and that sorted it for me.
I like the 2 separate BRKT on the mode daily it means I can have one set up to exposure bracketing and one on focus bracketing and just pick one on the flick of the switch.
No dedicated ISO dial but I got it programmed to the rear command dial - just press the rotate to get where I want.
I found the real difference in the AF between them.

The main thing is I would say is the size a lot of people find them to small and fiddle so if you can try one it might be worth it before you splash out.

Another plus for me is the auto mode switch if Im out with the wife and she wants someone to take a picture of us just flick to auto and its a point and shoot - mind you that was pre Covid 19

Looks quite natural. Not something I’ve ever experimented with myself:thinking:

Thank you kindly Alan, I sure do appreciate your reply.

“I’ve changed a sky a time or two with mono snaps quite successfully, but with colour it’s a tad more difficult in as much as the light not only needs to work with the main subject with regards to angle etc, etc, but also the colour of the light needs to match”

G.K.Jnr.

I'm really quite pleased with the way this snap has blended together as it's my first time at putting a different sky into a snap (in colour). I guess it's a kinda international presentation as the foreground is from Kent UK and the sky is from back home in Tennessee USA. :)

Just a simple Landscape type Fujigraph taken at Kent UK of a walking/cycling track looking as if it leads to the sky.

X-H1, 18-55mm Lens, 1/1000th @ F5.6, ISO-200, Handheld.
Track To The Sky-03433 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.
Can't see any join, wouldn't have known it was 2 blended together (y)

Afternoon all. I'm just about to push the order button for a 23mm F2 but I've seen that it can be soft fully open at close distances. I'm really not fussed about pseudo-macro distances but can anyone say at what distance this disappears? As long as it's ok at say the distance across a table that's good enough for me. I know it goes if you stop down but for indoors I can see F2 being desirable.

Never used the 23 F2, but if it's similar to the 35 F2 [reviews for both seem to suggest they are very similar in this regard] , it'll be fine at F2 across a table no problem, it's only really wide open at CFD you get the soft/glow effect, stopping down to 2.8 resolves this too.

Last edited:
Looks very much like a rebranded version of the Dorr XB36 ball head I have. In which case it's a very nice piece of kit.

It seems to be the other way round HighLights are the actual Chinese manufacturers. Hence the strange name.
They seem to have a number of names in different countries.

Very tempted, how do you find the viewfinder on the T30 Terry. I wear glasses and I got one of these find them useful espically in sunlight. Drawback they slightly obscure the LCD

They seem to have 5 in stock.
I too wear glasses but have little trouble I can see all the finder with them .

@G.K.Jnr.
Happy Independence Day, Groege (y)

Independence by Paulie-W, on Flickr

Thank you so much Paul mate., (y)

“This will be the very first year that I’ve not been back in the states for this day. I was hoping to get back home by now as its also very close on our cotton harvesting time and I’ve also not seen my wife since February, much to her pleasure I should imagine”

George.

Thank you so much Paul mate., (y)

“This will be the very first year that I’ve not been back in the states for this day. I was hoping to get back home by now as its also very close on our cotton harvesting time and I’ve also not seen my wife since February, much to her pleasure I should imagine”

George.

You are very welcome, mate :)

Argh that sucks. I hope you've got something fun planned though. Haha @ wife's pleasure. I bet you'll have a super long jobs list waiting for you, when you do get back ;)

Hi every one, I have joined the fuji family with an xt3.I would like to use my 150/600 sigma until the new fuji tele photos arrive.Can someone tell me the difference between using the fringer adapter with the aperture ring or the older version which doesn't have one.many thanks in advance.Andy.

If anyone is interested in the X-T4 for video. This is a good watch. I find manual focus far easier for video but having good auto focus is helpful in run-and-gun situations.

You are very welcome, mate :)

Argh that sucks. I hope you've got something fun planned though. Haha @ wife's pleasure. I bet you'll have a super long jobs list waiting for you, when you do get back ;)

Unfortunately I’m on my jacksy today mate, but I’ve put my stars & stripes flag up in the garden and a couple of cans of libation in the fridge. As for the jobs list I dread to think what’s in store for me when I get back.

George.

Last edited:
Been away from this site for a bit, but still getting out with the camera. Will take me a while to try and catch up with the pages, but will start looking through. In the meantime, I took this one last weekend
X-T3 16-80 f11 ISO160
View attachment 285177
Simply beautiful Donna, wOw ......!!

Regards;
Peter

Back