The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I wouldn't pay that for a used one, not when you can get a brand spankin' new one within a week from einfinity for less. Also, when you can get the likes of a new Viltrox 33 1.4 for £100 less. Same with the 23 1.4, no way I'd pay much for that now with the Viltrox 23 1.4 out there for £300

Thanks Cagey, Just been watching some reviews, yes the Viltrox 23 f1.4 seems excellent for the money, Viltrox 33 f1.4 doesnt seem to be available, maybe all sold out? Its certainly put a cat amongst my pigeons.

Thanks Cagey, Just been watching some reviews, yes the Viltrox 23 f1.4 seems excellent for the money, Viltrox 33 f1.4 doesnt seem to be available, maybe all sold out? Its certainly put a cat amongst my pigeons.

The only reason not to like the Viltrox offerings, from what I've seen, is they don't focus in as close as Fuji lenses. If you're not bothered with that, they look to be very well made for the money, all metal construction [even the hoods in the case of the 23/33] , many reviews are claiming the 23 is sharper than the Fuji and the 33 is every bit a match for the 35 1.4 - again, besides close focusing capabilities. I like close focus photography, it can be a bit of a pain at times because looking at any lens I always check that first - I need to snap out of that a bit I think. I just need one to do the job nicely though and then all else would be used further out. If I wasn't so stuck in my ways I'd definitely jump on these Viltrox lenses. I'm considering their 85 1.8 for example - at that kind of focal length I'm not so much looking to CFD [their 85 does about same as most other 85 lenses on the market] - and though I do like the cheapy XC 35 F2, I'm also considering trading that out for the Viltrox 33 1.4

Oh ok. Sorry about that, he does seem to get them regularly though.
He had one of the Viltrox 23mm f1.4 lenses in the other day @ £165 I ummed and arred a bit too long and it was gone.

He just got back to me there on the 85mm, he's got a couple in and can send me one inc postage for £168 - result :) thanks for the head's up, much appreciated, that's cheaper than I was about to pay for a year old used one local

That is an excellent price. :banana:

That is an excellent price. :banana:

Yeah couldn't beat that even on the used market. I was going to wait a bit and get the mkII, but f*** it, it's the kind of lens I'm most likely not going to have on cam most times so the weight doesn't bother me too much. It'll be at least on the H1 which is the best camera in this line at least to balance it on

lol f e ck is a swear now? it's never been anywhere ever in the past

He's always sent me the tracking details strait away and I usually received things from him next day. Not sure about Ireland but I would guess Monday if not tomorrow.

No tracking though he did come back to me for my phone number, maybe using a different courier for abroad. Highly doubtful it would be tomorrow but I dont mind waiting a bit if I have to.

Well guys i've finally made the switch to Sony, I had a play with the XT-4 and hated the screen. I also bought the X100V and never opened the box before returning it, the plan was X100V + Canon R6 when it comes out however after a wander around various streets recently I realise that the world is not going to get back to normal anytime soon so two cameras would be overkill, there's not really much out there to document when it comes to street photography.

Weighing up the cost of the Fuji + Canon and the amount of time I would actually use them made the decision to go A73 + 24-105 + 55 1.8 quite easy, I can cover any paid jobs and a few hobby shots with that combo easily.

I've also been working for someone in a non photographic industry doing very long hours for the last couple of months partly due to boredom and it's very good money so time limitations are also a factor.

The X100V is still on the radar if the major cities present an opportunity for street work again at some point.

a friend part ex'd his F for a new V at Wex MK's thurs.He has always been ocd on caring for his kit.they gave him £400..Is that the going rate atm?

Well guys i've finally made the switch to Sony, I had a play with the XT-4 and hated the screen. I also bought the X100V and never opened the box before returning it, the plan was X100V + Canon R6 when it comes out however after a wander around various streets recently I realise that the world is not going to get back to normal anytime soon so two cameras would be overkill, there's not really much out there to document when it comes to street photography.

Weighing up the cost of the Fuji + Canon and the amount of time I would actually use them made the decision to go A73 + 24-105 + 55 1.8 quite easy, I can cover any paid jobs and a few hobby shots with that combo easily.

I've also been working for someone in a non photographic industry doing very long hours for the last couple of months partly due to boredom and it's very good money so time limitations are also a factor.

The X100V is still on the radar if the major cities present an opportunity for street work again at some point.

Its ok you'll be back ;):)

a friend part ex'd his F for a new V at Wex MK's thurs.He has always been ocd on caring for his kit.they gave him £400..Is that the going rate atm?

Given that F's are £600 in the refurb store, that sounds about right, if WEX retail it at £600, there is the £34 of VAT (in the margin scheme) leaving £166 which is not a lot for checking over a camera and ensuring warranty, etc..... Margins on new kit are very small from Fujiflim - single digit percentages - so not a lot of money to be made all round really.

And after my words and pictures in Amateur Photography X100F Buying Guide, they will be flying off the shelves :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
stupid thing is he was at mine the day before telling me he was going to trade it,but because im poor and have my xt1 i sort of didnt persue it lol

Back