The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I don't really get the S10, surely an X-T40 would have been better with IBIS? The only thing I can see about it being better is the grip

Last edited:
Spent a few days in @weebleswobble neck of the woods - took my 82yr old mother to Swanage!! Managed a couple of early morning trips out. Back home now and upgraded to Tier 2 !!!!

Dancing Ledge
by David Yeoman, on Flickr

Nice one, mate. Very tranquil setting :)

I like Swanage. We always used to go with our daughter, when she was little, and returned a couple of years ago. Still nice.
Have they finished the pier refurb yet?

Nice one, mate. Very tranquil setting :)

I like Swanage. We always used to go with our daughter, when she was little, and returned a couple of years ago. Still nice.
Have they finished the pier refurb yet?

Its getting there, more work yet to be done

Swanage Pier
by David Yeoman, on Flickr

Nothing fancy today, just a quick walk/run through the local woods with the pup to scout out autumn. It was forecast as misty(not). All xh1 handheld doing a mild jog :ROFLMAO: (I love him really)

It looks like the autumn display isn't going to be blazing colours here. The birch will be bare and the other trees are still green with the rest just dropping the brown leaves straight to the floor.
Doesn't look like I'll be able to travel to find any autumn colour now either. I hope 2021 is going to better than this year.

The first is where we stopped for a rest and a drink. Lovely and secluded but I've had to clone lots of rubbish from the pool. I walked a total of just under 16 miles today. Who the f*@k walks that far into a woodland to throw their s*** into a pool?!

Brand new XT3 body only is cheaper to buy. Both bodies with the 16-80mm lens are the same price.

I just can't see why would anyone buy the XS10 over the XT-3. IBIS and the grip are great but the professional features in the XT3 are more important, at least IMO
You wouldn't put a 16-80 on it for street and IBIS for one handed shooting would be excellent, as would the 23mm f2.

Really beautiful shots David, was that this week? Heck of a walk down to Dancing Ledge though (well the journey back anyway!). There has been some cracking sunrises and sunsets. Should've said and I could've met for a sunrise/sunset shot :)

Yes, this week, Swanage Sunrise on Tuesday, Dancing Ledge on Thursday, I couldn't get onto the ledge, even though a couple of anglers offered to help, but having broken my ankle in January, I was playing cautious! so that shot is taken from about 15ft up on the ledge. Certainly an experience getting there from Spyway in the dark with a headtorch through a field of cows! Journey back up the hill required one or two stops, but I had to get back to cook breakfast for Mother!

The old pier was a bit of a challenge as the pier was locked up! it was unlocked about 6.45 for a couple of divers, and I sneaked on, but got asked to leave! but about 15 mins later the guy turned up to open the pier, but he wasn't set up yet to accept visitors, but I managed to blag my way on (having paid him the obligatory £1.50!!!)

Will definitely go back - (used to live in Poole (30 years ago), so know area quite well) - I'll give you a shout next time I'm down.

Yes, this week, Swanage Sunrise on Tuesday, Dancing Ledge on Thursday, I couldn't get onto the ledge, even though a couple of anglers offered to help, but having broken my ankle in January, I was playing cautious! so that shot is taken from about 15ft up on the ledge. Certainly an experience getting there from Spyway in the dark with a headtorch through a field of cows! Journey back up the hill required one or two stops, but I had to get back to cook breakfast for Mother!

The old pier was a bit of a challenge as the pier was locked up! it was unlocked about 6.45 for a couple of divers, and I sneaked on, but got asked to leave! but about 15 mins later the guy turned up to open the pier, but he wasn't set up yet to accept visitors, but I managed to blag my way on (having paid him the obligatory £1.50!!!)

Will definitely go back - (used to live in Poole (30 years ago), so know area quite well) - I'll give you a shout next time I'm down.
Personally I don't like to go down on the ledge anymore either and I haven't even broken my ankle! But a perfect shot from where you were. For future reference you may be able to loan a key to get onto the pier (or that may be just for locals, I'm not sure - but then again I've lived here for 25 years and will never be a 'local' - especially with my funny NZ accent), but as you say this time of year it is later for the sunrise so can wait for them to open.

I was thinking of trying a teleconverter for my 55-200 - but have I read correctly that there are none that are compatible?

Correct, TC's work on 50-140mm, 80mm Macro and 100-400mm

Rumoured 70-300 coming, but having had the 55-200 and the 50-140, I'd take the 50-140 every time, and add a TC if I needed the reach

Might be a silly question, but is Capture One the best choice for processing Fuji raw files?

I've been using Lightroom since I started a few months back, however have read that Capture One is better?

Good call to try the Capture One free version (‘Capture One Express Fuji’)

CO lacks some features that LR has, namely HDR blending and pano stitching. If you need those features then CO alone is not for you.

Many people use LR happily for Fuji Raws. Reducing the level of default sharpening helps a fair bit. To my eyes though, CO gives much better results than LR. It’s just how I see it. Best thing is to try the free version and see which you prefer.

Might be a silly question, but is Capture One the best choice for processing Fuji raw files?

I've been using Lightroom since I started a few months back, however have read that Capture One is better?

Depends, some just don't seem to be able to get LR to work right for them, personally I'll choose it over C1 all day every day. Just knock the default sharpening down for starters - Adobe set it to 40 which is mad high for Fuji RAF files, 10-20 range is much sweeter and causes less issues

I started to use the free C1, then got a deal on the full product (which imo is great for processing raws), but still finish off in PS

For purely processing RAW files, IMO Capture One is a lot better than Lightroom and not just for Fuji files. I have started with their free Fuji software, then upgraded to the Fuji Pro and now I am on their full pro. Lightroom is still on my PC but I just don't use it.

Another bonus for Capture One is that you can still buy standalone licences if you don't want to pay a subscription fee.

In all honesty, both softwares will get you the look you want to achieve, try the free Fuji version of Capture One and find which one works better for you [emoji846]

I tried downloading Capture One for Fujifilm but it seems to only be giving me a trial version, can't seem to find the free one.

I tried downloading Capture One for Fujifilm but it seems to only be giving me a trial version, can't seem to find the free one.

You would be asked for your email address before downloading and a license key is sent for the free version. Check spam folders.
If you weren't asked for your email use this link to try again - LINK

You would be asked for your email address before downloading and a license key is sent for the free version. Check spam folders.
If you weren't asked for your email use this link to try again - LINK

Yes, I have a license key but, when I open the software, it tells me I'm on a trial version and gives me the option to buy which takes me to their website and asks me to choose from the paid tariffs

Back