The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

What is the minimum size SD Card that will be required for the firmware update (1.02) 31/3/21. Please.

I'm almost certain that if you click on the update it'll give you the download size, then obviously a card just slightly bigger will do. The last one that I did was 54.1 mb.

Last edited:
Thats lovely

I went 50 f2 for size, price and weight ( and AF ) but I do sometimes wonder if I missed a trick

Thanks, Dave :)

In all honesty, when I swapped over from Nikon, i kinda went like for like, as I has 35, 85 and macro. My only difference now, is the 16-55.

One thing about Fuji cameras that has always puzzled me and that is the different film simulations that they offer. They seem to promote this as something very special but surely all these different effects can be achieved just as easily in Lightroom or some equivalent. Why do they do it? Is it something that they think appeals to people of a certain age who have used these real film types in the past? Just curious.

Firmware update.
I have DL the firmware update to my Mac, I then dragged and dropped it to a formatted 128mb SD card, the firmware update is 51mb. I then installed the SD card in to my camera and tried to install the update but I get the message that there is no update on the card, can anyone help please.

One thing about Fuji cameras that has always puzzled me and that is the different film simulations that they offer. They seem to promote this as something very special but surely all these different effects can be achieved just as easily in Lightroom or some equivalent. Why do they do it? Is it something that they think appeals to people of a certain age who have used these real film types in the past? Just curious.

I used to think they were a bit of a gimmick but in the past I've used Classic Chrome and some of the B&W ones quite extensively; its handy to be able to see what your going to get through the EVF.

Nowadays though its almost as easy to do in Lightroom as the simulations are all available as Profiles in there

Firmware update.
I have DL the firmware update to my Mac, I then dragged and dropped it to a formatted 128mb SD card, the firmware update is 51mb. I then installed the SD card in to my camera and tried to install the update but I get the message that there is no update on the card, can anyone help please.
Make sure it wasn't saved with a different file name as you may still have an old firmware update file in your system. For example it may have saved as DAT(1). If this is the case, just delete the old file and rename the new one, or re download it.

Thing is, there’s an awful lot of people that are really happy to shoot Fuji jpegs
Often use the jpegs myself. Being able to process the raw in camera or using X Raw Studio which is a free Fuji download. Can be great fun. As is using or trying some more recipes from Fuji X Weekly.

Firmware update.

I just bought an x-t3 and have had it a couple of days now, anyway while playing with it a few minutes ago I paired it to my iphone using the Fuji app, immediately it asked me if I wanted to update the cameras firmware, so I did. Downloaded on the phone, transferred to the camera by Bluetooth all in a couple of minutes.

No messing around downloading files onto the computer or transferring to a card and then into the camera, I couldn't believe how quick and easy it was, top marks Fuji, very clever.

I just bought an x-t3 and have had it a couple of days now, anyway while playing with it a few minutes ago I paired it to my iphone using the Fuji app, immediately it asked me if I wanted to update the cameras firmware, so I did. Downloaded on the phone, transferred to the camera by Bluetooth all in a couple of minutes.

No messing around downloading files onto the computer or transferring to a card and then into the camera, I couldn't believe how quick and easy it was, top marks Fuji, very clever.

That sounds good, can you give me detailed instructions to carry it out. Thanks

Okay, many thanks, sorted. As you say easy to update this way.

After a while away i decided to treat myself to a XT3, very very rusty but am ok with theseDSCF0095.jpgDSCF0180.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you, I still have to get to grips with it, and editing software has changed so much, I tried Capture1 and then signed up for lightroom

So you should be. The first shot is a cracker.

Last edited:
Trying out a bit more light painting ...

H1 16-55

Kodak by Paulie-W, on Flickr

Very nice still life style Fujigraph Mate, I don't know just how you managed to produce that effect but it certainly works for me.

Thing is, there’s an awful lot of people that are really happy to shoot Fuji jpegs
Often use the jpegs myself. Being able to process the raw in camera or using X Raw Studio which is a free Fuji download. Can be great fun. As is using or trying some more recipes from Fuji X Weekly.

I only ever shot raw once on my old Canon 40D (shows how long ago that was) and couldn’t see what all the fuss was about.

So personally I like all the film sims - although I can get similar in LR of course.

Thanks, George :)

It's a fibre optic light dragged over it for 20 odd seconds ;)

Ah I see very creative, I was kinda thinkin' you'd created some cobwebs or something and stuck them over the the old camera.

I only ever shot raw once on my old Canon 40D (shows how long ago that was) and couldn’t see what all the fuss was about.

So personally I like all the film sims - although I can get similar in LR of course.

I fully respect that everyone has their own way of working and what works for them is the right thing to do.

I personally have never shot a JPEG in my life not even on my cell phone, I would always try to get the finest possible performance out of anything that I use, be it a camera or anything else. And by what I read etc I believe that RAW files squeeze the best performance out of a digital camera. Mind you I've never tried comparing JPEG & RAW Files next to each other just to see.

I don't use Adobe products etc apart from the free DNG converter so there's no Fuji film simulations in the software that I use, meaning all my finished work is done manually. Then again that's just the way I prefer to work, its neither the right way or the wrong way it just works for me.

Last edited:
I fully respect that everyone has their own way of working and what works for them is the right thing to do.

I personally have never shot a JPEG in my life not even on my cell phone, I would always try to get the finest possible performance out of anything that I use, be it a camera or anything else. And by what I read etc I believe that RAW files squeeze the best performance out of a digital camera. Mind you I've never tried comparing JPEG & RAW Files next to each other just to see.

I don't use Adobe products etc apart from the free DNG converter so there's no Fuji film simulations in the software that I use, meaning all my finished work is done manually. Then again that's just the way I prefer to work, its neither the right way or the wrong way it just works for me.

I shoot raw when I am trying to do something specific

The film sims are wonderful and its great for street photography or travel stuff to just shoot a jpeg that you love

Another day, another stroll with the V...

The White Hart (Hawkwell)
by The Development, on Flickr

Nice architectural Fujigraph Alan, well composed, with good colour and some nice detail.

"Hope you don't mind me offering a bit of constructive crit', I think the shot would be improved if those communication cables were cloned out and a bit of correction was done to the uprights in PP"

Last edited:
Nice architectural Fujigraph Alan, well composed, with good colour and some nice detail.

"Hope you don't mind me offering a bit of constructive crit', I think the shot would be improved if those communication cables were cloned out and a bit of correction was done to the uprights in PP"

Thanks George - always happy to receive suggestions and agree with the improvements

Hiya All,

What filter system do people use/recommend to use with the 10-24mm f /4 OIS WR?

I would be also using the 16mm f/2.8, 50mm f/2, and 90mm f/2 - so ideally would want to use the same filter system with the 72mm filter thread of the 10-24mm being the largest.

Would the Formatt-HiTech Firecrest 85, Lee 85 system, or the NSI M75 system work - or would I need larger?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Shane.

Last edited:
Hiya All,

What filter system do people use/recommend to use with the 10-24mm f /4 OIS WR?

I would be also using the 16mm f/2.8, 50mm f/2, and 90mm f/2 - so ideally would want to use the same filter system with the 72mm filter thread of the 10-24mm being the largest.

Would the Formatt-HiTech Firecrest 85, Lee 85 system, or the NSI M75 system work - or would I need larger?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Shane.

I don’t know Shane. Good to see you around though.

Just been scrolling around the Fuji Connect site, to belatedly register products (yeah I know) ... But came across this if it might be of help to some. Free virtual 1 to 1 training sessions.

Back