The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Thank you. The X-T100 is my wife's camera (I'm a Canon shooter), which she's owned for a couple of years but barely used. I'd always dismissed the XC lens as bit crap due to the motorised nature of it. I decided to have a play with it and shoot some raw files last week and couldn't believe how sharp it was. So we took it with us on a couple of walks over the weekend and got some nice images with it. I took this on good Friday and it's absolutely razor sharp

View attachment 315037
Ahh gorgeous dog, lovey crisp shot

Found this dodgy character lurking in an alley, he even stayed long enough to get a few different angles (my son is home for the Easter break)
Fuji X-T3 + Viltrox 23mm
Dodgy character in alley by Donna White, on Flickr

Very nice candid street style Fujigraph Donna, well composed with a good mono presentation.

"Purely on a personal preference, I'm not overly keen on the star burst effect from the lights in the background"

I have the Viltox 85mm, when it works it produces some great shots but the constant hunting it does makes the lens unusable in my eyes, does anyone else have this issue?

I also have the 85mm mk 2 and it is quick to focus no issues with it at all, I guess you have updated the firmware?, also have the 23mm and that is excellent

I also have the 85mm mk 2 and it is quick to focus no issues with it at all, I guess you have updated the firmware?, also have the 23mm and that is excellent
Yes, the first thing I did was update the firmware, at times its fantastic than when I'm shooting portrait it can hunt really badly

I have the Viltox 85mm, when it works it produces some great shots but the constant hunting it does makes the lens unusable in my eyes, does anyone else have this issue?
I have the mk1 and its quick to AF with no hunting and eye af works pretty well too

Thanks George, much appreciated. I got another shot without so much of a starburst
View attachment 315191

Very nice candid street style Fujigraph Donna, liking the way you've left the colour of the light instead of trying to rectify the warm street light glow, and the light from the guys cell phone on his face works really well.

I am absolutely loving the colour and clarity of the 27mm f/2.8 pancake lens on my new-to-me X-E2!

Aubrieta
by Garry Knight, on Flickr

Very nice flower type Fujigraph Garry, good colour with some fine detail.

"You seem to be getting on really well with your new X-E2 unit"

Last edited:
Very nice flower type Fujigraph Garry, good colour with some fine detail.

"You seem to be getting on really well with your new X-E2 unit"

Thanks, George. I've owned several cameras in the past, from a Casio compact, through a Panasonic TZ70 superzoom, a Canon 40D, Nikon D5100, and a Sony A6000, and it's only with the X-E2 that I feel completely comfortable now. You know the old saying that if you want to buy the best camera, you have to find out how it feels in your hand? Well, that's what's happened with me. The wrist-strap helped, especially with street photography, but everything on the camera is where I want it and, if it isn't, I can reconfigure it. So now I just want to go out with it every day. And with the 27mm pancake on it, I can! Now, if only Fuji would make a 50mm prime in pancake size, I'd be set for life.

Thanks, George. I've owned several cameras in the past, from a Casio compact, through a Panasonic TZ70 superzoom, a Canon 40D, Nikon D5100, and a Sony A6000, and it's only with the X-E2 that I feel completely comfortable now. You know the old saying that if you want to buy the best camera, you have to find out how it feels in your hand? Well, that's what's happened with me. The wrist-strap helped, especially with street photography, but everything on the camera is where I want it and, if it isn't, I can reconfigure it. So now I just want to go out with it every day. And with the 27mm pancake on it, I can! Now, if only Fuji would make a 50mm prime in pancake size, I'd be set for life.

That's really good to hear Garry, I know the feeling with regards to the Fooj units and them feeling just about right in your hands, they truly are a bit special in that department. I've never actually had an X-E2 but my first venture into CSC cameras was with an X-E1 which really put me on the road to using them, and I've stuck with Fuji from then onwards.

As you know I've been struggling for the last couple of years to carry heavy things about for too long so I've been forced to do the best I can and invested in a couple of Sony RX units which I like very much and have helped me considerably in maintaining a reasonable standard of photograph, but I'm hoping to start using my Fuji units again just as soon as I can. Also as you know I'm pretty much out of action again at the moment but who knows we might even bump into each other when I'm fit again and next able to get up to London.

"Heads Up All You Fuji-X Users"

I notice that most of you use "Flickr" to post your shots on this and other threads, but I also notice that there are still some of you that are not members of the "Fuji-X United" group on Flickr that I Admin. The group was originally created by Keith a time or two back and he later approached me to take it over from him quite a while ago which I was and still am very pleased to do.

Getting more to the point it would be really nice to see all of you non members of the group joining up and contributing your work to the group. So please take a few minutes of your time to take a look at the group and hopefully join the rest of us especially as at this moment in time there is some doubt as to wether TP will continue which we are all hoping will not come about, as in my opinion there is nothing on the net with regards to photography forums that even comes close to TP., "ENJOY".

Last edited:
Interested in your thoughts on the X-E2 plus 27mm pancake lens. I've just bought the 27mm to do the same thing on my X-E2s. I love my X-Pro2 but for sheer pocketability the X-E2s with that lens should be brilliant......and that's the USP of that combination. In many ways it's an alternative to an X-100.

Interested in your thoughts on the X-E2 plus 27mm pancake lens.

It's pocketable, all right! It easily fits in the pockets of both my heavy and light jackets. It will easily fit in a gilet pocket, with my 15-45 and 50-230 in other pockets, and I'd probably find somewhere to stash the Nissan flash. It can fit in a loose cargo trouser pocket, but really only if you put the body cap on it and the lens in another pocket.

My biggest challenge with it is that I prefer something in the range of 50mm for street photography. Before lockdown I was going everywhere with my Sony A6000 plus 50mm f/1.8, and my iPhone XS set to use the 52mm equivalent lens. So, 50mm relative to full fame at one end and 50mm on a cropped sensor at the other end. Those two covered the range I like to use. Close enough, but not so close that I'm bumping into the action. So 27mm seems very close to me. But I'm getting used to it. I'm starting to see scenes differently, and getting to know where to move to, in order to frame the shot. I'm also finding that you can be 'invisible' that close up if you really watch people's behaviour to the point where you can predict what they're about to do.

Of course, if you don't shoot street, this combo has many other uses. It's about the same focal length as most phones' main camera.

Last edited:
It's pocketable, all right! It easily fits in the pockets of both my heavy and light jackets. It will easily fit in a gilet pocket, with my 15-45 and 50-230 in other pockets, and I'd probably find somewhere to stash the Nissan flash. It can fit in a loose cargo trouser pocket, but really only if you put the body cap on it and the lens in another pocket.

My biggest challenge with it is that I prefer something in the range of 50mm for street photography. Before lockdown I was going everywhere with my Sony A6000 plus 50mm f/1.8, and my iPhone XS set to use the 52mm equivalent lens. So, 50mm relative to full fame at one end and 50mm on a cropped sensor at the other end. Those two covered the range I like to use. Close enough, but not so close that I'm bumping into the action. So 27mm seems very close to me. But I'm getting used to it. I'm starting to see scenes differently, and getting to know where to move to, in order to frame the shot. I'm also finding that you can be 'invisible' that close up if you really watch people's behaviour to the point where you can predict what they're about to do.

Of course, if you don't shoot street, this combo has many other uses. It's about the same focal length as most phones' main camera.
My 23mm f2 tends to be the lens of choice for most of my street shooting so the 27mm isn't so far away in term of focal length but its not really properly pocketable even on the X-E2s. So I'll see how I get on with it when it arrives.

I've not been posting snaps on this thread for a time or two due to one thing or another and would you believe it I'm pretty much out of action yet again with a broken thigh. So as I have quite a bit of time to kill at this moment in time I've been looking at some of my older snaps that have either not been posted or that I have re-visited and improved on the PP work. This particular frame has never been posted before.

Just a simple candid street style Fujigraph taken at Kent UK of a guy just walking his dog. I really like the happy proud type of expression on the guys face, and that virtually everyone else in the snap is facing in a different direction.

X-H1, 23mm F1.4 Lens, 1/420th @ F5.6, ISO-200, Handheld.
Man And Best Friend-03521 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

I've not been posting snaps on this thread for a time or two due to one thing or another and would you believe it I'm pretty much out of action yet again with a broken thigh. So as I have quite a bit of time to kill at this moment in time I've been looking at some of my older snaps that have either not been posted or that I have re-visited and improved on the PP work. This particular frame has never been posted before.

Just a simple candid street style Fujigraph taken at Kent UK of a guy just walking his dog. I really like the happy proud type of expression on the guys face, and that virtually everyone else in the snap is facing in a different direction.

X-H1, 23mm F1.4 Lens, 1/420th @ F5.6, ISO-200, Handheld.
Man And Best Friend-03521 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

Blimey George. You’re really going through it. Get well soon mate.
Well observed picture.

Blimey George. You’re really going through it. Get well soon mate.
Well observed picture.

Thank you Trevor, appreciate your reply.

"Yes a bit of a nuisance but it was my own fault, still I've modified my wheel chair with a luggage rack taken from an old motor cycle I once had so that should take a camera bag ok. I've also made a mount and fitted it to the chair with a tripod ball head to mount a camera on, just got to modify the leg cast now to make it a bit more bearable. So all is not completely lost" :) :)

Sorry to hear you've been in pain George. I haven't ventured out much recently either, but we have some lovely tulips in the garden that warrant some of my cameras attention.....

Thank you Trevor, appreciate your reply.

"Yes a bit of a nuisance but it was my own fault, still I've modified my wheel chair with a luggage rack taken from an old motor cycle I once had so that should take a camera bag ok. I've also made a mount and fitted it to the chair with a tripod ball head to mount a camera on, just got to modify the leg cast now to make it a bit more bearable. So all is not completely lost" :) :)

Good on yer mate :cool:

Sorry to hear you've been in pain George. I haven't ventured out much recently either, but we have some lovely tulips in the garden that warrant some of my cameras attention.....

Thank you Steve, appreciate your reply.

"I actually broke it a couple of weeks ago now so pretty much got used to it. I expect I'll get a bit of a telling off when I go back to the work shop (hospital) as I'm not supposed to stand or walk on it just yet. And the fact that I've also modified their wheel chair I guess I'll get a bill to pay for that, but Hey !! what the heck" :) :)

Back