The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Definitely happy with the X100F. Could of blurry shots in the first few tests, but think it was me getting too used to the IBIS in the XH1. The OG lens coupled with the 24MP sensor is also different to the earlier iterations, so I'll need to use it more to know what it can do. But it's as lovely a camera as ever:
DamsToDarnley.jpg

Definitely happy with the X100F. Could of blurry shots in the first few tests, but think it was me getting too used to the IBIS in the XH1. The OG lens coupled with the 24MP sensor is also different to the earlier iterations, so I'll need to use it more to know what it can do. But it's as lovely a camera as ever:

I found that initially I was quite 'grabby' with the X100F, resulting in camera movement when pressing the shutter button especially when taking shots in a hurry, I put this down to the overall weight difference between my then X-T2 and the X100F. I found it was easily solved by using the AutoISO and setting the min shutter speed to 1/200th. (When I concentrated I found that I could get nice sharp still photos easily down to 1/15th sec),

@G.K.Jnr. Hope you recover soon, I know what broken bones are all about, though I only had crutches, not a wheelchair, but mobility was certainly limited. Inspired me to create a zine called 330yards, as that was as far as I could manage from home! All shot with the X100F

All the best

Thank you David, appreciate your reply.

A brilliant run out today in actual sunshine on the Honda Silverwing 600, it was averaging around 14 degrees heat wise for a change, Bliss...!

The beautiful Ochil mountains -- Central Scotland

Ochil mountains by APM Photography, on Flickr

mac

I've not been posting snaps on this thread for a time or two due to one thing or another and would you believe it I'm pretty much out of action yet again with a broken thigh. So as I have quite a bit of time to kill at this moment in time I've been looking at some of my older snaps that have either not been posted or that I have re-visited and improved on the PP work. This particular frame has never been posted before.

Just a simple candid street style Fujigraph taken at Kent UK of a guy just walking his dog. I really like the happy proud type of expression on the guys face, and that virtually everyone else in the snap is facing in a different direction.

X-H1, 23mm F1.4 Lens, 1/420th @ F5.6, ISO-200, Handheld.
Man And Best Friend-03521 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:
Sorry to Hear that George :( hope you recover quickly and become mobile sooner than later!

Yay. Just seen the announcement of 18mm f1.4
It’s got my attention.

Last edited:
A brilliant run out today in actual sunshine on the Honda Silverwing 600, it was averaging around 14 degrees heat wise for a change, Bliss...!

mac
Lovely view. I am hoping for some nice scenery next week when we go to Devon.

@Paulie-W posted a snap on Wednesday last week of some old boots. I've gotta admit I was pretty damned impressed with the overall presentation so I asked him what it actually was. It turned out that the presentation was Colour, A Gradient Map, and some Toning all mashed together (his words).

Now "Colour & Toning" I can do without problem but every time I've clicked on "Gradient Map" my snaps have gone just three colours (which apparently that's what should happen) and I've mumbled all sorts of things to myself and decided to do something else instead, in reality I hadn't a clue as to what was going on. But since then I've managed to find a few "YouTube" vid's on "Gradient Maps" and things are a little clearer now. I've not tried to do one just yet but hope to find the time in my busy non existent lifestyle at the moment.

So many thanks Paul for your help, much appreciated mate. (y)

"Many Thanks" to all of you Fuji-X folk who have had a read of my post the other day and included "Fuji-X United" in the "Flickr Groups" that you subscribe to its very much appreciated. (y)

Not managed to coax everyone just yet but it would be nice if we managed to get all the Fuji-X users that use "Flickr" to join us.

@Paulie-W posted a snap on Wednesday last week of some old boots. I've gotta admit I was pretty damned impressed with the overall presentation so I asked him what it actually was. It turned out that the presentation was Colour, A Gradient Map, and some Toning all mashed together (his words).

Now "Colour & Toning" I can do without problem but every time I've clicked on "Gradient Map" my snaps have gone just three colours (which apparently that's what should happen) and I've mumbled all sorts of things to myself and decided to do something else instead, in reality I hadn't a clue as to what was going on. But since then I've managed to find a few "YouTube" vid's on "Gradient Maps" and things are a little clearer now. I've not tried to do one just yet but hope to find the time in my busy non existent lifestyle at the moment.

So many thanks Paul for your help, much appreciated mate. (y)

Haha sorry it got a bit confusing, mate ;)
But I'll always answer any questions to try and help (y)

Haha sorry it got a bit confusing, mate ;)
But I'll always answer any questions to try and help (y)

You shouldn't have said that, you might now get inundated with questions from all of us. ;) :):)

mac

Nice Fujigraph Peter, with some good colour and a nice sky.

"If I may be so bold and I hope you don't mind me asking. I do wonder why you don't utilise some of the stunning landscapes you have in those parts and maybe get a few snaps of the landscape without one of your bikes in the frame? Just an observation and suggestion"

Last edited:
I just put the boots on the flickr group ;)

But just for reference ;)

Timberland by Paulie-W, on Flickr

Start with original pic, and adjust to suit.
Make a new layer, and select Gradient Map (black and white one). Set blending mode to Soft Light
Copy that layer, and select black and white, then add tint. Set blending mode to Soft Light

Fiddle with opacity sliders, on the two additional layers until you get what you`re happy with, then merge down (y)

"It Made Explore" :) :)

Just a simple candid street style Fujigraph taken at London UK (the last time I was there way back in 2019) of a plastic fork that had been left in the side of the road.
I'm also working on a personal project called Things Left Behind and this will be one of the shots included.

X-H1, 18-55mm Lens, 1/640 @ F5.6, ISO-200, Handheld.
Fork In The Road-03524 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

But just for reference ;)

Timberland by Paulie-W, on Flickr

Start with original pic, and adjust to suit.
Make a new layer, and select Gradient Map (black and white one). Set blending mode to Soft Light
Copy that layer, and select black and white, then add tint. Set blending mode to Soft Light

Fiddle with opacity sliders, on the two additional layers until you get what you`re happy with, then merge down (y)

That's really helpful Mate, thank you so much.(y)

Had my X-Pro2 and 50mm f2 in the car when I took my other half to a physio appointment the other day. Had some time to kill as you're not allowed to sit around in the local hospital waiting areas so took myself off for a short walk. The 50 isn't really my lens of choice for landscapes but I decided to stitch together a pano.

Uphill Panorama by Aimless Alliterations, on Flickr

Last edited:
Had my X-Pro2 and 50mm f2 in the car when I took my other half to a physio appointment the other day. Had some time to kill as you're not allowed to sit around in the local hospital waiting areas so took myself off for a short walk. The 50 isn't really my lens of choice for landscapes but I decided to stitch together a pano.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2kSSdTn]Uphill Panorama by Aimless Alliterations, on Flickr[/URL]

Very nice landscape style Fujigraph Ron, well composed with a good sky and a nice full range of mono tones.

Yay. Just seen the announcement of 18mm f1.4
It’s got my attention.

If you're as rich as Croesus. I mean what sort of person can afford that? Well, apart from yourself, obviously.

Last edited:
Bit of a spikey post Nev..

Sorry Trevor, it wasn't meant to sound quite like that. But I must admit my jaw dropped when I saw the price. I suppose it's all relative though. If you're in a business you are probably able to be a bit more flexible. But it's not for the man in the street.

So, I haven't post images in a while. I have been out from time to time, but due to health issues, carrying the camera has become a bit of a PITA. Anyway, I've gone through what's on the card in the T3, and here's a couple from back in January, when we had the snow.

snow fields2 by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

snow fields1 by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

I've got some other stuff to go through, mostly Tulips from the front garden.

Looks good, I've pre ordered.

Must admit Trevor, it does look very appealing. The nearest I've got to that in a prime is the 23mm F1.4 and to be honest I've probably used it no more than a handful of times as the 35mm equivalent FF length I just cannot get on with. To me its neither one or the other ie not really what I would call a wide angle as such and not long enough to substitute the 50mm equivalent FF length.

When I look back at my 35mm film days the standard set up for me was 28mm, 50mm & 135mm focal lengths, which used to work pretty good for me.

Last edited:
Must admit Trevor, it does look very appealing. The nearest I've got to that in a prime is the 23mm F1.4 and to be honest I've probably used it no more than a handful of times as the 35mm equivalent FF length I just cannot get on with. To me its neither one or the other ie not really what I would call a wide angle as such and not long enough to substitute the 50mm equivalent FF length.

When I look back at my 35mm film days the standard set up for me was 28mm, 50mm & 135mm focal lengths, which used to work pretty good for me.

Actually George I mostly shoot my X100 with the WCL attachment. So pretty used to the28mm equivalent.
I’ll make a lot of use of the fast aperture.

I’ll make a lot of use of the fast aperture.

That's what I was figuring on Trevor, I've have got the 10-24mm & 18-55mm that cover that focal length and are very good optically, they do lack the fast aperture.

Last edited:
Ok, I would appreciate any advice about a 'polarizing filter' for my Fuji XF10-24mm lens please...? Anyone use one on their XF10-24mm with good results..?

Any make you would suggest....Hoya.....? It's a 72mm filter size.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Back