The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

This morning was the first morning I have been out with camera and tripod for a sunrise since I broke my wrist 9 weeks ago (was operated on and re-broken 6 weeks ago today). So I am setting up the 'sympathy' story to be my excuse for being rusty and although I put on a tripod, I forgot to take off auto ISO! Hence both taken at ISO3200 o_O. Don't look too closely or you may get drowned out by the noise ;).

Social Media-1415.jpg
Social Media-1422.jpg

I took an amble along Regents Street (London) with my wife on Saturday to visit the Car Show. Although it was quite good with many, many toggers about I was kinda expecting more people to have period type dress on. I visited partly on the strength of a very good video that @garryknight had done a time or two back as although it looked as if it was raining then there seemed to be many more of the participants in period dress. However it was a good turn out and obviously a lot of effort had gone into the event.

Following that we made our way to Covent Garden etc and stopped on the way at the Fuji shop to view the Rankin exhibition that had all been shot on GFX100 kit. I must admit I was not impressed and expected the work to be of a much higher standard from such a well known photographer using that sort of kit. However I did have a play with an XS10 unit while we were there and very nearly purchased one as I want a small APSC camera with image stabilisation solely for my street photography as my X-H1 set up certainly does a good job but I'd really like somethin' smaller but still offer the same or better quality. I was quite impressed with it but decided not to purchase as there is some improvements to the unit I would hope would be included with future incarnations.

I took an amble along Regents Street (London) with my wife on Saturday to visit the Car Show. Although it was quite good with many, many toggers about I was kinda expecting more people to have period type dress on

I'm guessing that it was partly to do with Covid. It's put a dampener on a lot of events. For example, Diwali at Trafalgar Square was a big screen, a handful of stalls, and a guy in a monkey suit. Maybe next year it will be better. (I seem to recall saying that a few times last year...)

Three from a couple of weeks ago when in Angus on a visit to see my Mum. Took my X-Pro2 and a trio of zooms - XF10-24mm, XF 18-55mm and XF55-200.

The camera is weather sealed, but the lenses are not, and when the weather turned atrocious halfway through the week the opportunities for going out with the camera were somewhat curtailed. These were taken early in the week when there was still some decent light to catch the autumn colours.

The Salmon Loup by Aimless Alliterations, on Flickr

A Russet Pathway by Aimless Alliterations, on Flickr

Fiery Drive by Aimless Alliterations, on Flickr

Three from a couple of weeks ago when in Angus on a visit to see my Mum. Took my X-Pro2 and a trio of zooms - XF10-24mm, XF 18-55mm and XF55-200.

The camera is weather sealed, but the lenses are not, and when the weather turned atrocious halfway through the week the opportunities for going out with the camera were somewhat curtailed. These were taken early in the week when there was still some decent light to catch the autumn colours.

The Salmon Loup by Aimless Alliterations, on Flickr

A Russet Pathway by Aimless Alliterations, on Flickr

Fiery Drive by Aimless Alliterations, on Flickr
Love the middle one, very nice!

"Street Preachers" "This snap made Explore on Saturday" :) :)

Just a simple candid street style Fujigraph captured at London UK of some "Street Preachers".
I've deliberately gone for a higher contrast presentation to this snap because I feel it's better suited to this type of photography and I'm trying to create a more journalistic approach to my street style snaps.

I've been creating some of my own presets as (I don't like using the ready made stuff) and this is the first snap I've posted using one of my own presets.

Street Preachers-03586 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

What are peoples thoughts on this potential upgrade:

I'm unsure if it's certain but I heard that the x-t30 updates will be discontinued now that there's a newer model. Would now be a good time to cash in and go for an upgrade? If I was to sell now to mpb I'd lose around £100, which certaintly isn't bad considering the use I got from it since the start of the year.

What would I upgrade to? There's the xpro3, xt4, x100v, xs10.

I think it's a toss between xpro3 and xt4. It seems the advtanges of the x-t4 would be ibis and the articulated screen. Am I right in thinking the ibis would benefit in low light shooting?

I'm unsure if it's certain but I heard that the x-t30 updates will be discontinued now that there's a newer model. Would now be a good time to cash in and go for an upgrade? If I was to sell now to mpb I'd lose around £100, which certaintly isn't bad considering the use I got from it since the start of the year.

I think it's a toss between xpro3 and xt4. It seems the advtanges of the x-t4 would be ibis and the articulated screen. Am I right in thinking the ibis would benefit in low light shooting?

IBIS benefits low light shooting but only if the subject isn’t moving - it’s a definite benefit with long focal length lenses though

"Street Preachers" "This snap made Explore on Saturday" :) :)

Just a simple candid street style Fujigraph captured at London UK of some "Street Preachers".
I've deliberately gone for a higher contrast presentation to this snap because I feel it's better suited to this type of photography and I'm trying to create a more journalistic approach to my street style snaps.

I've been creating some of my own presets as (I don't like using the ready made stuff) and this is the first snap I've posted using one of my own presets.

Street Preachers-03586 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

It's a style I both like and find complementary to your style of shooting and subject matter, George.

IBIS benefits low light shooting but only if the subject isn’t moving - it’s a definite benefit with long focal length lenses though
Don’t forget the X-S10. X-T4 like performance at a saving. Although if your shooting benefits from weather resistance maybe not.

It's a style I both like and find complementary to your style of shooting and subject matter, George.

Thank you kindly Malc, appreciate your reply.

"Street Performer (14)"

At first I must admit I wasn't too sure about this snap because of the movement etc, but I kept on going back to it and now I quite like it.

Just a simple candid street style Fujigraph captured at the South Bank London UK of a guy performing one of his antics with a skateboard.

Street Performer (14)-03583 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

Last edited:
X-T1 back from Fuji with new Sensor and faux leather covering. Couldn't wrangle a new LCD out of them sadly (it is only a tiny scratch after all!). Here's to another 8 years of abuse!

Last edited:
Hi all

I was out with my X-H1 this morning and alternating lenses between a Samyang 12mm and my XF 18-55.

I noticed with the Samyang that the image was "floating" in the viewfinder, moving the camera up and down or side to side the image lagged but very slowly like a very slowly pitching boat. In fact I couldn't get it to stabilise.

Everything was normal with the 18-55.

I'm guessing that it was the IBIS that I was seeing but I hadn't noticed it before when using the same lens. I turned high performance (boost) on and off to see if that altered things but no, just the same either way.

Any idea's??

"To The Subway"

Just a simple candid street style Fujigraph captured at London UK of some people going on their way down to the Subway.

To The Subway-03584 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

"To The Subway"

Just a simple candid street style Fujigraph captured at London UK of some people going on their way down to the Subway.

To The Subway-03584 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

Nice shot again, George. Any particular influences which make you do bnw work?

Nice shot again, George. Any particular influences which make you do bnw work?

Thank you kindly Tom, appreciate your reply.

"There are a few toggers that I follow on Flickr/Instagram etc that I admire their work very much. But the simple truth is I just much prefer mono to colour and think mono when I'm snapping"

Last edited:
Hi all

I was out with my X-H1 this morning and alternating lenses between a Samyang 12mm and my XF 18-55.

I noticed with the Samyang that the image was "floating" in the viewfinder, moving the camera up and down or side to side the image lagged but very slowly like a very slowly pitching boat. In fact I couldn't get it to stabilise.

Everything was normal with the 18-55.

I'm guessing that it was the IBIS that I was seeing but I hadn't noticed it before when using the same lens. I turned high performance (boost) on and off to see if that altered things but no, just the same either way.

Any idea's??
I've seen that when I was using the wrong focal length in the lens setting - the IBIS either over or under compensates when the focal length is wrong.

I've seen that when I was using the wrong focal length in the lens setting - the IBIS either over or under compensates when the focal length is wrong.
Thanks for responding Brian, I checked and changed the mount adapter setting to 12mm and all seems good so far.

"On The Steps (1)"

Just a simple candid street style Fujigraph captured at London UK of a young lady climbing some public steps.

On The Steps (1)-03585 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

Back