The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

It depends very much on your requirements and budget. Do you prefer a shoulder bag, a sling style bag, a back pack? Budget? Amazon do a lot of reasonably priced camera bags for each of those categories. Lowepro, Manfrotto, Think Tank, Billingham etc. are more expensive better quality options. Only you can answer the question based on your needs. I have about 10 bags that are used regularly for different needs from single camera/lens holsters for travelling light to full backpacks for when I need to take everything out with me.

Yeah should have specified, I use mostly shoulder bags but more recently I don't mind a messenger type either. I'm usually on a mountain bike when I head out to photograph so the shoulder type work better that way. I've had some decent bags in the past just not up to date on the newer models. I've had think tank in tha past and they are very tough, still use a sling-o-matic 20 as storage for gear but it's way too big, heavy and bulky for use with the smaller/lighter Fuji gear. Originally used it for FX Nikon stuff

I know it's not X, but anyone else tempted by the Instax Evo Mini when it comes out in Feb?
Yes, the quality is not going to be a patch on our main cameras, but for the Event and model photography I do in the main, being able to print something off occasionally to hand over seems quite fun and close to a USP.
Oh... and they look soooooo cute :love:

I know it's not X, but anyone else tempted by the Instax Evo Mini when it comes out in Feb?
Yes, the quality is not going to be a patch on our main cameras, but for the Event and model photography I do in the main, being able to print something off occasionally to hand over seems quite fun and close to a USP.
Oh... and they look soooooo cute :love:
Seems a neat idea - what kind of price would the film packs be I wonder? Is it maybe ten shots in a pack?
Looks interesting/compact/fun/pocketable/creative…!

I’m in.

mac

Last edited:
Had a quick ish family trip out to Eltham Palace, this morning. Grabbed a couple of snaps, but tourists just walking through the frame all the time erked me a tad ;) Anyway here`s one from the entrance bridge.

H1 16-55 Processing is kinda marmite, but I like it.

Eltham Palace by Paulie-W, on Flickr
Love that.

For some reason, I`m having a bit of a hankering for a 35 f1.4, and don`t really know why. In the past i`ve had a bit of a love hate relationship with the 50mm (on FF), and bought and sold 3 of the buggers ;) I do like the 23 f1.4, but kinda fancy a change.

Any thoughts etc would be greatly appreciated :)

For some reason, I`m having a bit of a hankering for a 35 f1.4, and don`t really know why. In the past i`ve had a bit of a love hate relationship with the 50mm (on FF), and bought and sold 3 of the buggers ;) I do like the 23 f1.4, but kinda fancy a change.

It's a lovely lens and the closest to what the human eye sees apparently. I've had it a couple of times, shot from a version I had in 2018.

Ruby-6 by Pete Downham Photography, on Flickr

Last edited:
15 quid for 20 shots I believe.
I’ll be getting the new evo. I currently use the mini 40 and one of the mini printers. I buy the film packs from Amazon, they can be bought at a reasonable price. Occasionally I get packs of 10 for £5 and packs of 40/50 for between £25-£35, I just stock up when they’re reduced and stick them in the fridge. You sometimes don’t have a choice of borders on sale film and they do have a shelf life but I’ve not found that a problem as of yet.

I always take the 40 with me when we go out, that and the f or v. People think they’re a gimmick but we often look at them, memories of trips, friends and the pup. I never really look at photos on my phone, just skip by them. They’re fun cameras that save memories, I’d highly recommend one.

I got rid of mine, because, although the results were beyond reproach, it was far too frustrating to use - the AF would hunt around for ages, especially in anything slightly under perfect light conditions.

I got rid of mine, because, although the results were beyond reproach, it was far too frustrating to use - the AF would hunt around for ages, especially in anything slightly under perfect light conditions.

Cheers, Malc.
I have my 16-55 as my work horse, and the 35 would only be for static shots, and mainly indoors. I just like the idea of pretty close focussing too.

It’s one of my favourite lenses of all. Renders so beautifully.
Just get one..

DSCF0405.jpg by -justTrev-

More from the forest. Really wish I'd taken a step to the right for this one, but I was out on a walk with the in-laws so was really just grabbing snaps as we walked.

Mood 2 by jimmyjamjoejoe, on Flickr

This is nice, but I`d be temped to lose the top right corner, and the squirly branch hanging in on the top left ;)

It’s one of my favourite lenses of all. Renders so beautifully.
Just get one..

DSCF0405.jpg by -justTrev-

There was a BSA on the TV the other night, a Gold Star I think. Anyway, my Mrs asked what BSA stood for, she said "Is it British Standard Autos or something?"

"No love, it's Birmingham Small Arms". She gave me a strange look, and I explained they used to make pistols etc years before, but diversified into bikes.

"Oh good" she says, "I was picturing all these people with little arms building motorbikes!" :banghead:

Even duct tape can't fix stupid!!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I absolutely love my XT-3, I use it mainly for landcape shots - I still use the Canon exclusively for motorsport, but for landscape and nature shots the Fuji is a lovely thing to use, it's kept in manual pretty much full time. These were taken in the Lakes a week or two before Christmas when we had decorators in the house so I booked a cottage for a week at Hawkshead so the missus and me could get out of the way. The weather was diabolical with most of the week spent sat in the pub watching the rain beating against the windows but the last 2 days were good enough to get out photographing and doing a bit of walking with the Guinnesshound. The last 3 at Wastwater were taken the same afternoon, the changing light was superb to watch.

Attachments

• DSCF2108a.jpg
    DSCF2108a.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 11
  • DSCF2081a.jpg
    DSCF2081a.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 9
  • DSCF2218-3a.jpg
    DSCF2218-3a.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 9
  • DSCF21268a.jpg
    DSCF21268a.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 11
  • DSCF2164a.jpg
    DSCF2164a.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Yeah should have specified, I use mostly shoulder bags but more recently I don't mind a messenger type either. I'm usually on a mountain bike when I head out to photograph so the shoulder type work better that way. I've had some decent bags in the past just not up to date on the newer models. I've had think tank in tha past and they are very tough, still use a sling-o-matic 20 as storage for gear but it's way too big, heavy and bulky for use with the smaller/lighter Fuji gear. Originally used it for FX Nikon stuff
I prefer a rucksack for mountain biking with the camera gear, but also had to get a new back after downsizing from FF Canon. I am currently using an Evoc Stage Capture, but not sure if they are still available in the UK. There are some "Moment" bags that seem to be getting good reviews at the moment.

I am in a similar position, I have been more than happy with the 23mm f2 lens on my X-T2, to the point where I am looking at getting an X100 variant, but I also keep looking at the 35mm f1.4...

Looking back through my archives, most of my favourite images were taken on my old Canon 50mm f1.4, although mostly with a 1D2, so 1.3x crop. The pictures just seemed to have a specialness about them, which seems to match with all the reports of the Fuji 35mm f1.4, even though objectively it probably won't match my needs. Maybe I need to try and borrow one for a few days...

I am taking part in a series of "winter defiance" challenges, one of which was to create our own interpretations of Vincent van Gogh's "Sunflowers" painting. This is my attempt, shot with my X-T2 and kit lens:

“Sunflowers” by Lewis Craik, on Flickr

Paul, The 35mm F1.4 lens as I'm sure you know is an "Excellent" optic, maybe a tad slow on auto focus (compared to other lenses) but certainly no slouch on an X-H1. I personally much prefer it focal length wise to the 23mm (35mm in F/F) terms which for me is neither wide enough or long enough, probably something to do with a standard 50mm lens that used to come with 35mm film cameras a time or two back. Just my personal opinion for what its worth.

I am in a similar position, I have been more than happy with the 23mm f2 lens on my X-T2, to the point where I am looking at getting an X100 variant, but I also keep looking at the 35mm f1.4...

Looking back through my archives, most of my favourite images were taken on my old Canon 50mm f1.4, although mostly with a 1D2, so 1.3x crop. The pictures just seemed to have a specialness about them, which seems to match with all the reports of the Fuji 35mm f1.4, even though objectively it probably won't match my needs. Maybe I need to try and borrow one for a few days...

I am taking part in a series of "winter defiance" challenges, one of which was to create our own interpretations of Vincent van Gogh's "Sunflowers" painting. This is my attempt, shot with my X-T2 and kit lens:

“Sunflowers” by Lewis Craik, on Flickr

That sounds like a plan ;) I`ll let you know how I get on with the 1.4. I reckon some time next week, it should be in my grubby (well covid scrubbed, squeaky clean now) hands.

Paul, The 35mm F1.4 lens as I'm sure you know is an "Excellent" optic, maybe a tad slow on auto focus (compared to other lenses) but certainly no slouch on an X-H1. I personally much prefer it focal length wise to the 23mm (35mm in F/F) terms which for me is neither wide enough or long enough, probably something to do with a standard 50mm lens that used to come with 35mm film cameras a time or two back. Just my personal opinion for what its worth.

Thanks for the input, George.
I`m used to slow focus. I doubt it`s much slower than the 23, or 56. But I tend to shoot static more than moving, so shouldn`t be an issue for me. I do like the idea of close focussing, as the 23 was a bit of a chore in that respect, which is a shame. Back in my Nikon days, I think that was one of the reasons I kept swapping them out. So hopefully I`ll be good with this rendition ;)

"Posy Seller"

Just a simple candid street style Fujigraph captured of a lady selling so called lucky posies.
I've deliberately gone for a higher contrast presentation to this snap because I feel it's better suited to this type of photography and I'm trying to create a more journalistic approach to my street style snaps.

Posy Seller-03599 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

Last edited:
I've owned 2 copies of the 35mm 1.4, loved it first time out on the X-T1, but for whatever reason, when I later bought a brand new copy for the H1 I didn't love it so much :/ I think maybe because I'd grown more accustomed to faster/quieter offerings? I've also owned the XF35F2 and found that to be just as good as the 1.4, only quieter and obviously you don't get 1.4, nor that sweeter CF. Now I own the XC35F2 and find this one just as good as the XF version, I don't need WR. I think if I was to upgrade again, as it is a FL I use casually, I'd plump for the 33 1.4. But, right now the one lens I'd love to try is that new Viltrox 13mm 1.4, I don't have anything WA and from what I've read/seen it does nice CF too

Back