The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

After posting many photo's of our border collie dog 'Breia' for around a decade here on this Fuji section.....I've sad news that we decided to take her to our local vets today for a big sleep.
Breia had just turned 17yrs old last week and for quite a few months now had been really struggling with her mobility/eyesight, not an easy decision......we've been putting it off for a few months, one of the hardest things in life we've ever had to deal with personally. She had no quality of life towards the end....

So today my wife Ishbel and I both where with her right up to the very end, such an awful experience, Breia was comfortably put to sleep, we consoled her and told her that we loved her.....amid our heartfelt tears.....just awful. We're both devastated.

A dark day......but the 17yrs of brilliant memories we hold and treasure are simply priceless. We've never experienced a dog so loyal/loving/active and so full of life.

Thought I would share this -- Thank you all so much with your kind support over the years, and putting up with these images, very much appreciated.

Ishbel took this photo of us just last night;

Breia by APM Photography, on Flickr

And a few personal favourites from over the years;

Her ladyship by APM Photography, on Flickr

Happiness by APM Photography, on Flickr

Chillin' by APM Photography, on Flickr

Ready . . . by APM Photography, on Flickr

'Cool to be a Collie' by APM Photography, on Flickr

Serenity by APM Photography, on Flickr

Kind regards;
Peter & Ishbel
17 years is a lifetime and a great age for any dog but that makes it hurt that much more. So sorry to hear this, a pain we have all suffered to regularly.

After posting many photo's of our border collie dog 'Breia' for around a decade here on this Fuji section.....I've sad news that we decided to take her to our local vets today for a big sleep.
Breia had just turned 17yrs old last week and for quite a few months now had been really struggling with her mobility/eyesight, not an easy decision......we've been putting it off for a few months, one of the hardest things in life we've ever had to deal with personally. She had no quality of life towards the end....

So today my wife Ishbel and I both where with her right up to the very end, such an awful experience, Breia was comfortably put to sleep, we consoled her and told her that we loved her.....amid our heartfelt tears.....just awful. We're both devastated.

A dark day......but the 17yrs of brilliant memories we hold and treasure are simply priceless. We've never experienced a dog so loyal/loving/active and so full of life.

Thought I would share this -- Thank you all so much with your kind support over the years, and putting up with these images, very much appreciated.

Kind regards;
Peter & Ishbel

Sorry to hear this Peter, saying that final goodbye is so hard, but in your head, you know it was the right thing to do. I grew up with a border collie, I was just 4 or 5 when he came into the family and I can't remember a time before we had him. My parents told me he's gone to work on a farm, but I found out later in life that he had cancer and was put to sleep I was about 12 at the time and he really was my best friend.. Pets mean so much, and dogs especially really show their affection.

I for one will miss your photos of her, and hope you and your wife can deal with the loss.

Sorry to read this. A very difficult time for you both I’m sure. You’ve taken some lovely photos of her over the years that’s for sure.

Kind regards;
Peter & Ishbel

Having lost a number of very treasured pets over the years I know how terrible and gut wrenching that last trip to the vets is like. I have commented on some of your photos of her over the last few years, not just for their quality, but also because her character shone through them.

Take the time to grieve for that is how great losses such as yours are healed.

Had an X100F for ages. Just defected to Sony for the a6400 for that tracking and autofocus. Well, it's the real deal but I hate the camera's output in other respects .. colours, IQ etc.. Back to Fuji. Going to try out an X-S10 if anyone selling or knows a good deal on one!
I think the refurb shop has some (y)

Thanks, I didn't know about usedlens. Does anyone do grey import Fujis these days? Last new camera I bought was a D600 so I'm out the loop!

Thanks, I didn't know about usedlens. Does anyone do grey import Fujis these days? Last new camera I bought was a D600 so I'm out the loop!
E-ifinity, and panamoz as far as I know. But there may be others.

Anyone using sigma 56mm or fuji 50mm f2? Would be interested to see your snaps, or hear comparisons if you've used both.

I noticed the x100v list price increased by £50 and the refurb price increased by £200, not that it matters as both seem as rare as hens teeth!

First outing with the X-T4. Just on the evening dog walk. Best part is these are all near SOOC jpegs. I noticed I need to nudge exposure up on all images by 0.5 stop oddly. Other than that and a slight crop here and there, nothing else done. Love the jpegs out of this camera already, Velvia was my favourite film back in the day. 2 of these with the 90/2 the rest the 33/1.4

DSCF6534.jpgDSCF6621.jpgDSCF6626.jpgDSCF6633.jpgDSCF6660.jpgDSCF6678.jpgDSCF6725.jpgDSCF6742.jpgDSCF6758.jpgDSCF6804.jpg

I noticed the x100v list price increased by £50 and the refurb price increased by £200, not that it matters as both seem as rare as hens teeth!
I got a stock alert from the refurb store the other day, but by the time I had clicked on the link it was out of stock again...

E-ifinity, and panamoz as far as I know. But there may be others.

Just keep an eye on prices... I've noticed a lot of gear (particularly at Panamoz) isn't any cheaper than UK prices... Only advantage maybe the warranty is normally longer with Panamoz!

Kind regards;
Peter & Ishbel
My heart goes out you and your family sadly i only had my best friend for 15years and like yourself I had to take him to the vets for the last time, over the last weekend we had together his legs gave out just 12days after his 15th birthday:(
He is constantly in my thoughts even now over 2years have past but i don't feel i will ever get over the loss of him !
But i have so many wonderful memories to look back on !

Anyone using sigma 56mm or fuji 50mm f2? Would be interested to see your snaps, or hear comparisons if you've used both.
I have a number of 50mm and 56mm Fuji X mount lenses rather than overload the pages here are a couple of links to albums

https://www.flickr.com/photos/phiggys/albums/72157661117060914/with/26114994456/ 56mm f1:1.2 R

https://www.flickr.com/photos/phiggys/albums/72157711756620692 56mm f1:1.2 R APD

I also purchased the Fujinon 50mm f2.0 but sadly not used it since purchasing it

I also have manual focus SLR 50mm f 0.95 lens and the Artisan 50mm f 0.95 lens but they are manual focus :fuji:

I have a number of 50mm and 56mm Fuji X mount lenses rather than overload the pages here are a couple of links to albums

https://www.flickr.com/photos/phiggys/albums/72157661117060914/with/26114994456/ 56mm f1:1.2 R

https://www.flickr.com/photos/phiggys/albums/72157711756620692 56mm f1:1.2 R APD

I also purchased the Fujinon 50mm f2.0 but sadly not used it since purchasing it

I also have manual focus SLR 50mm f 0.95 lens and the Artisan 50mm f 0.95 lens but they are manual focus :fuji:

Thanks, i'm thinking the non apd version images are looking nicer, what do you think?

Back again with some more motorsport shots with my X-T4 and the Fuji 100-400. This time, BTCC and Carrera Cup at Oulton Park. I've changed my processing style since the last time I took the camera out, so these shots are all processed based on the Classic Chrome profile, rather than Velvia. I know some people aren't a fan of the 100-400, but for me it's brilliant. Razor sharp even at 400mm wide open and really fast and accurate AF.

Last edited:
Back again with some more motorsport shots with my X-T4 and the Fuji 100-400. This time, BTCC and Carrera Cup at Oulton Park. I've changed my processing style since the last time I took the camera out, so these shots are all processed based on the Classic Chrome profile, rather than Velvia. I know some people aren't a fan of the 100-400, but for me it's brilliant. Razor sharp even at 400mm wide open and really fast and accurate AF.

Nice shots :D

Do you mind sharing some tips for tracking? I've had a go with cars etc on the road but never come out right.

Nice shots :D

Do you mind sharing some tips for tracking? I've had a go with cars etc on the road but never come out right.
Yes don't use the tracking mode :D These were all taken in single point mode, or the 3x3 grid. Set your camera to C on the MCS switch. Using back button focus helps a lot too, although I have the AEL button on the back set to turn AF on, I find the button labelled AF On to be in a really weird place and difficult to press.

Put your AF point where you want in the frame, place it over the car and track by moving the camera with the AF button held down.

Some great shots there. Anybody that says the 100-400 isn't any good clearly hasn't spent very much time using it. I find it difficult to shoot birds in flight, but that's not the kit, it's me, I've always had problems with it. I've shot at 3200 ISO with 1.4x on it at 560mm and the output has been as sharp as a tack. Motorsports is a bit easier than birds as the subject is bigger in the frame (unless you're a very long way away). I find that the focus speed is great when you have a larger subject to frame ratio.

WEX here in Glasgow had a tryout day today, so went by at lunchtime. I avoided the MF stuff because I knew the temptation would immediately be too great :ROFLMAO:
They had an XH2. It's impressive - same feel in the hand as the XH1 and the focussing was snappy. We were towards the back of the shop, so didn't really get to play around with the tracking. I can see myself looking at one in a year or two via e.g. the refurb store, but am happy with changing for the XT4 at the moment. What was impressive was the 150-600. It's really light! It does feel well made, but it's very hand-holdeable. Good stabilisation too - can really see it doing good business! Lots of small little design decisions (the foot comes off leaving a small tripod mount, mutiple places to mount a strap) that really show they've thought about more than just the optics.

Back