The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Just paid for 150-600. Delivery should be next Tuesday 12th. Fingers crossed. Hope I’m in.
Bugger. Not today after all. Got tracking for tomorrow 13th. Also hoping my Tammy 17-70 which I’ve just paid for is also in the box.

Been playing with the 50-140 and the close focus tubes. The thing with this lens is, that even with both tubes, you're still a good 30-50cm away from the subject, making life easier and not working in your own shadow.

These are multiple stacked images at f11.

Cosmos1 by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

Cosmos2 by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

Last edited:
Been playing with the 50-140 and the close focus tubes. The thing with this lens is, that even with both tubes, you're still a good 30-50cm away from the subject, making life easier and not working in your own shadow.

These are multiple stacked images at f11.

Cosmos1 by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

Cosmos2 by Steve Jelly, on Flickr
Terrific results Steve

150-600 Arrived this morning. Used here with the X-H2S
Just time for couple garden test shots.
Bird eye af is super
Both these using the bird detect, locked on really fast and not fooled by distractions
No crops or noise reduction, both jpeg SOOC
More testing hopefully over the weekend.

Sparrows 150-600 by Trevor, on Flickr

Sparrows 150-600-2 by Trevor, on Flickr

150-600 Arrived this morning. Used here with the X-H2S
Just time for couple garden test shots.
Bird eye af is super
Both these using the bird detect, locked on really fast and not fooled by distractions
No crops or noise reduction, both jpeg SOOC
More testing hopefully over the weekend.

Sparrows 150-600 by Trevor, on Flickr

Sparrows 150-600-2 by Trevor, on Flickr

All set for some bike racing now then

All set for some bike racing now then

God !! Love to be able to be there. Used to race with that club many moons ago.

I've not been in this section for a while!

After having a nasty fall last week, I'm not going to be carrying any heavy camera gear for a while (min 6 weeks for broken fingers etc) so all of a sudden I miss my X100T/F and will be buying an X100V when they are available.

Are there any must have accessories for the V?

After having a nasty fall last week, I'm not going to be carrying any heavy camera gear for a while (min 6 weeks for broken fingers etc) so all of a sudden I miss my X100T/F and will be buying an X100V when they are available.

No mate. Not must have. WCL can be a benefit sometime.
Not exactly accessory but spare battery and stand alone charger are useful.

No mate. Not must have. WCL can be a benefit sometime.
Not exactly accessory but spare battery and stand alone charger are useful.

Cheers, did the batteries change between the F and V, if not I still have a load of batteries and dual charger etc.

Cheers, did the batteries change between the F and V, if not I still have a load of batteries and dual charger etc.
You’re good to go. Same battery Jase

I would say that the weather seal filter is the nearest thing to essential. The Hoage one is cheaper than Fuji and you can use the Fuji lenscap.

@Jase a lens hood with filter adapter is a good buy. Needed to complete the weather sealing. How about this one https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/fuji-x100v-haoge-lh-x54b-lens-hood.739941/
Make me a sensible offer :)

I take it that was at 600mm @trevorbray ? Did you have the 100-400 and if so, how does it compare?
Yes Steve 600mm. Not had the 100-400 so sorry I can’t compare them.
This thing is quite nice to handle. It’s length doesn’t change with zooming. Seems plenty sharp enough. I know there are complaints about F8. Maybe I’ll find limitations in poor light. But I don’t envisage using it that way. Unless I wanna shoot for the Moon
No question it’s made for the X-H2S. Animal and Bird detect is very confident in my limited testing so far.
Fully expected you to snap this pairing up for your wildlife shooting.

X-H2S owners - how good is it to focus and track using the outer focus points? This is another one of small issues I have with my X-H1. I kind of know what you are going to say, and am just building up to a long drive to a shop with stock...
Thanks for any more info you may want to give to make me even more envious!

Jase

As already mentioned a lens hood and filter should be number 1.

The Hoage LUV-X54W (£25-Amazon) matches the silver X100V superbly and does not affect IQ at all. FujiFilm lens cap fits or buy a cheapo 49mm lens cap should you wish.

Number 2. An LCD screen protector, the Brotect Hybrid-Glass screen protector is superb (£7.29 - Amazon). You do not know it is there.

Number 3. I waited for a suitable grip/case for mine to protect the bottom plate and in the end bought a used, but almost new, FujiFilm case from WEX. It is lovely but you can only use the bottom half as even the OEM FujiFilm weather resistant filter and adapter makes the lens housing too long to fit into the upper half of the case.

Number 4. Spare battery,

Not essential at all, purely down to personal choice but I bought the TCL and the WCL for mine. Excellent additions. Get the Mk 1 versions which are much cheaper, add a small magnet inside the lens and the camera recognises the added lens which is the only difference twixt Mk 1 and Mk 2.

Yes Steve 600mm. Not had the 100-400 so sorry I can’t compare them.
This thing is quite nice to handle. It’s length doesn’t change with zooming. Seems plenty sharp enough. I know there are complaints about F8. Maybe I’ll find limitations in poor light. But I don’t envisage using it that way. Unless I wanna shoot for the Moon
No question it’s made for the X-H2S. Animal and Bird detect is very confident in my limited testing so far.
Fully expected you to snap this pairing up for your wildlife shooting.

Yeah, and I'd fully expect a divorce if I did!! :ROFLMAO:

On a serious note, the shots I've seen with the 600 don't look particularly sharp, but my 100-400 & 1.4x gives me excellent results in good light with the T3, so I was hoping this would up my game a bit, but from what I've been reading, you really need the H2 to make use of it's features.

Back