The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Yeah, and I'd fully expect a divorce if I did!! :ROFLMAO:

On a serious note, the shots I've seen with the 600 don't look particularly sharp, but my 100-400 & 1.4x gives me excellent results in good light with the T3, so I was hoping this would up my game a bit, but from what I've been reading, you really need the H2 to make use of it's features.
Gotta admit to not looking at shots from it before placing my order. I’m happy enough with it so far.
And very happy with the camera.

Gotta admit to not looking at shots from it before placing my order. I’m happy enough with it so far.
And very happy with the camera.

Obviously I can see the raw files for my own images, otherwise I guess I'm looking at compressed JPG's on the net.

X-H2S owners - how good is it to focus and track using the outer focus points? This is another one of small issues I have with my X-H1. I kind of know what you are going to say, and am just building up to a long drive to a shop with stock...
Thanks for any more info you may want to give to make me even more envious!
Just going to say, that from my limited use so far, its a far better camera than the H1, but then it should be. Focusing and tracking is oh so much better than the H1. Its not perfect by any means, but firmware updates will sort them out, and it will only get better. I'm pondering now whether to change my 100x400 for the 150x600. Still keeping my H1 though.

Just go get it ;)

X-H2S owners - how good is it to focus and track using the outer focus points? This is another one of small issues I have with my X-H1. I kind of know what you are going to say, and am just building up to a long drive to a shop with stock...
Thanks for any more info you may want to give to make me even more envious!
Resistance is futile, just get it. You're gonna love it.

Looking for opinions on the 8-16.
Anyone got/tried one.

Looking for opinions on the 8-16.
Anyone got/tried one.
I hankered after one for ages and hired one from FujiFilm for 2 days FOC.

It is gorgeous but in the end I decided to stick with the lovely 10-24mm for the following reasons:

I like using filters and the unique design of the lens means a Lee (other adapters are available) which is big on an already big lens and adds £2-300 onto what is an already expensive bit of glass.

Its extra 2mm width over the 10-24mm doesn't seem to be much but it really is and requires a bit of thought on composure and positioning. It obviously lacks the reach from 16mm.

I was concious of the bulbous lens which is protected to a degree by the lens hood but was scared that I would damage it and forfeit my deposit. It is a lens to remove cap, shoot and replace cap pronto.

IQ wise at 8mm it is unbelievable, rectingular and no curvature/distortion at all. Ideal for interior shots but I then asked myself how many interior shots I did and the answer was not many and not £1400-1700's worth.

The 10-24mm, mine is the pre WR one and is an excellent copy, does everything I need.

But it is a work of art, built like a brick s**t house and just gorgeous.

I put the rapid-fire Visa card back in my wifes purse, breathed a sigh of relief/disappointment and started looking in earnest at an X-H2s with the money I (hic) saved.

Andy Mumford and Andria Livieri did some fab reviews and I thought Andria's was fantastic and just about covered what I experienced apart from he was in Venice and I was in a heatwave in Mid Wales, ie p***ing down.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drAb7rshKRM

I hankered after one for ages and hired one from FujiFilm for 2 days FOC.

It is gorgeous but in the end I decided to stick with the lovely 10-24mm for the following reasons:

I like using filters and the unique design of the lens means a Lee (other adapters are available) which is big on an already big lens and adds £2-300 onto what is an already expensive bit of glass.

Its extra 2mm width over the 10-24mm doesn't seem to be much but it really is and requires a bit of thought on composure and positioning. It obviously lacks the reach from 16mm.

I was concious of the bulbous lens which is protected to a degree by the lens hood but was scared that I would damage it and forfeit my deposit. It is a lens to remove cap, shoot and replace cap pronto.

IQ wise at 8mm it is unbelievable, rectingular and no curvature/distortion at all. Ideal for interior shots but I then asked myself how many interior shots I did and the answer was not many and not £1400-1700's worth.

The 10-24mm, mine is the pre WR one and is an excellent copy, does everything I need.

But it is a work of art, built like a brick s**t house and just gorgeous.

I put the rapid-fire Visa card back in my wifes purse, breathed a sigh of relief/disappointment and started looking in earnest at an X-H2s with the money I (hic) saved.

Andy Mumford and Andria Livieri did some fab reviews and I thought Andria's was fantastic and just about covered what I experienced apart from he was in Venice and I was in a heatwave in Mid Wales, ie p***ing down.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drAb7rshKRM
Brilliant. Thanks very much. I know myself pretty well. I’d better get saving.

are getting positively scary........I have a hard time with the X-H2S as its in the FF snakepit pricewise.......for most people an R6 would be a better buy and then you have access to a wealth and 35+ years of EF glass (and I say that as a Fuji lover!)

I agree. I understand the cost of the h2 due to the stacked sensor, but I imagine it’ll drop off a bit. The bigger concern for me is fujis lenses are getting bigger and heavier.

I agree. I understand the cost of the h2 due to the stacked sensor, but I imagine it’ll drop off a bit. The bigger concern for me is fujis lenses are getting bigger and heavier.
Have to admit I looked long and hard 33mm f1.4. Decided that the 35mm f1.4 is plenty good enough. I’d like the 18mm f1.4 but I’ve got the 16.

Will the price drop much?
Given the H2s, the H2 and the X-T5 will be 'sort of' competing for market share I wonder if they will drop much, at least until they've all been out for a while..
I understand that they will appeal to people for different reasons but I'd kind of assumed that the prices will be pretty firm for a few months at least (hence my hesitation in buying one, that and the actual price!)
Hope I'm wrong

Given the H2s, the H2 and the X-T5 will be 'sort of' competing for market share I wonder if they will drop much, at least until they've all been out for a while..
I understand that they will appeal to people for different reasons but I'd kind of assumed that the prices will be pretty firm for a few months at least (hence my hesitation in buying one, that and the actual price!)
Hope I'm wrong
Never mind that..waddya mean you didn’t buy one ??

Hope I'm wrong

It may be down to sales. While I doubt they will slash the price by half after 12 months like they did with the xh1, I think there will be deals to be found soon enough. There have been units available for those who didn’t pre order and that’s unheard of these days. That could be poor sales or just that Fuji have produced loads of units where other manufacturers haven’t.

What’s clear is it looks like a great camera. But if not heavily invested into Fuji it may not appeal.

It may be down to sales. While I doubt they will slash the price by half after 12 months like they did with the xh1, I think there will be deals to be found soon enough. There have been units available for those who didn’t pre order and that’s unheard of these days. That could be poor sales or just that Fuji have produced loads of units where other manufacturers haven’t.

What’s clear is it looks like a great camera. But if not heavily invested into Fuji it may not appeal.
That's interesting - I like fuji and have all the lenses I need (although I may trade in my 55-200 and 100-400 for the 75-300 and whatever the big new one is - can you tell I'm trying to remain uninterested!)
I guess I'll end up caving one day..

Back