The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Took the 10-24 with me yesterday to shoot some bikes
Won't be doing it again, couldn't find a way to use it creatively

XF16mm F1.4 if you want creative wide angle, also has close focus capability - that and your 35mm should be all you need. I've never partically liked the XF10-24mm, but then I don't really like zooms!

XF16mm F1.4 if you want create wide angle, also has close focus capability - that and your 35mm should be all you need. I've never partically liked the XF10-24mm, but then I don't really like zooms!
Kinda glad I didn't go for the 8-16 now.

For bikes I find a 23 plenty wide enough.

Most of the time! Some shows, you can't get far enough away from the subject and if/when you do, some twonk (who has paid just as much as you, don't forget!) moves into the space... I use the 18-135 if I take an interchangeable lens body or just take the X-30 if I'm travelling light (and put up with the limitations - not over bothered about shooting whole bikes these days and the baby X is great for close ups and detail shots,)

As for the fisheye converter, I'd completely forgotten that I have an 18mm in the cupboard! Any suggestions as to brand of converter or are they all the same thing with different markings?

Pete. I followed that link. Might have to revisit the 8-16. Some very good distorted effects on view.
No stick with the 10-24 it's more than good enough in my opinion, plus it's nice and light, easier to get down low with, you need to get down and dirty mate.

Tht 8-16mm is a awesome lens but is horrible price unless you need to use it all the time.

The Samyang 8mm or Laowa 9mm are really good super wide angle lenses for a much lesser price.

I'd be amazed if there were any deals yet aside from the one below..

.. Which seems like a good price to me!
I'm heading up to London tomorrow and hope to be able to make time to visit a stockists there too try one in the hand - aside from wex are there any others I should go to?
Park and the dreaded Jessops, don't think Cameraworld have any.

I'd be amazed if there were any deals yet aside from the one below..

.. Which seems like a good price to me!
I'm heading up to London tomorrow and hope to be able to make time to visit a stockists there too try one in the hand - aside from wex are there any others I should go to?
Wex at Aldgate have cameras out on display ready to play with. Park cameras tend to have everything in cabinets so has to be supervised which I find irratating

The weather screwed up my astro plans last night but a small window between the clouds let me do a simple close-up of the Milky Way core from the back patio. For once I did a decent job with aligning my tracker so managed to use a longer focal length than usual. This one is 35mm on my X-T2 but I got decent results up to 100mm. No foreground, unfortunately, but I will try again tonight, weather permitting.

Cor by Ian, on Flickr

Last edited:
Yeah, what's high iso/low light stuff like Trevor?
Sorry to be bombarding you with so many questions but you are one of the few who know all the answers...!
Beats reading reviews, when one of our own has one ;)

Back