The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I`ll tend to believe Trevor, more than any reviewers tbh
I was being tongue in cheek, and yes, I'd listen to many people on here over a paid review. Especially when they have bought and used something like he has, and has a long history of posting stuff worth reading!

I was being tongue in cheek, and yes, I'd listen to many people on here over a paid review. Especially when they have bought and used something like he has, and has a long history of posting stuff worth reading!
I know ;)
Maybe we can get a mini review (with Q&A) haha

It`s done a good job. How is the high ISO generally?

Yeah, what's high iso/low light stuff like Trevor?
Sorry to be bombarding you with so many questions but you are one of the few who know all the answers...!
I'll answer this with two examples. Both straight conversions from the RAW
Absolutely no editing.
My take is that when viewed as a whole the noise is perfectly acceptable at IS0 4000 less so at ISO 10,000

this is the whole image the previously attached Robin is from
Unprocessed Robin by Trevor, on Flickr

This a grab from a high shutter speed burst at ISO 10,000
Unprocessed sparrow IS0 10000 by Trevor, on Flickr

Fair to say i returned to Full Frame end 2018
I was disappointed at High ISO picture quality from my X-H1
Since then I've had a lot of gear including several other Fuji
The X-H2S is the best high ISO APS-C camera I've owned.

Absolutely no editing.
My take is that when viewed as a whole the noise is perfectly acceptable at IS0 4000 less so at ISO 10,000

Nice one, thanks Trev (y)

APSC has never been that great at high ISO, but these at 4k look pretty damn good.
I would never push my H1 past 1600, if I can help it.

Absolutely no editing.

Fantastic, thank you for these. I think my mind has been made up.

Dropped into the Fujifilm HOP today and had a play with the XH2-S. Sadly not for me after convincing myself I was going to switch. Couldn’t get on with the ergonomics at all, compared to the A7 IV it felt chunky, uncomfortable and the button placement not what I had hoped for.

Good job I bought an X100V last week for street sessions,had to get back into the family.

So looks like I’ll be sticking with Sony for work, bores me senseless but the results and handling are superb.

Dropped into the Fujifilm HOP today and had a play with the XH2-S. Sadly not for me after convincing myself I was going to switch. Couldn’t get on with the ergonomics at all, compared to the A7 IV it felt chunky, uncomfortable and the button placement not what I had hoped for.

Good job I bought an X100V last week for street sessions,had to get back into the family.

So looks like I’ll be sticking with Sony for work, bores me senseless but the results and handling are superb.
Mate if it’s not for you. It’s not for you.

Some more stars if anyone is interested. All these from Pintura di Bolognola, a tiny ski report in the Apennines in Italy

1. The hill to the left is a tiny little thing my wife dragged me up while we were both still drunk on the local gin being sold at the nearby bar. There is a monument on the top with a blindingly bright light. The sharp peak the path initially leads towards is Pizzo Tre Vescovi (2000m), named for the three bishoprics that meet there. The car park behind me cast my shadow which I might edit out but which I've left in for now
Shadow by Ian, on Flickr

2. Similar view but from further down the path and no pano
Skids by Ian, on Flickr

I rather like the shadow you've cast.

And I love that the road looks like a reflection of the Milky Way in the second shot. (would edit out the stick in the bottom-right corner.)

Todays dog walk, somewhat overcast.
Spotted these cows in the next field. Shooting through foliage as can be seen.
Wanted to use the Animal Detect. Fair to say it was fooled a couple times.
But picked this fella up ok.
X-H2S, 150-600 ISO 2500
No noise reduction.

Cows by Trevor, on Flickr

After a few weeks off another race meeting with the XT-4 and 100-400 / 18-55 combo, this time the Oulton Park Gold Cup historic meeting

1. Oulton Park Gold Cup by Richard Crawford, on Flickr

2. Oulton Park Gold Cup by Richard Crawford, on Flickr

3. Oulton Park Gold Cup by Richard Crawford, on Flickr

4. Oulton Park Gold Cup by Richard Crawford, on Flickr

5. Oulton Park Gold Cup by Richard Crawford, on Flickr

6. Oulton Park Gold Cup by Richard Crawford, on Flickr

7. Oulton Park Gold Cup by Richard Crawford, on Flickr

8. Oulton Park Gold Cup by Richard Crawford, on Flickr

Something like a multi-storey carpark stairwell - a mixture of incontinence and impatience!

I know I'm being a bit snap happy here.
But just in case anyones on the fence about this Lens or Camera
X-H2S 150-600
No Crops or Noise Reduction here.
Bird detection enabled for all these.

ISO 1250
Long Tailed Tit by Trevor, on Flickr

ISO 1000
Lets Cuddle up by Trevor, on Flickr

ISO 1250
Just another Blue Tit by Trevor, on Flickr

ISO 5000
The Dove by Trevor, on Flickr
Keep being snap happy please. I'm hoping to get to a store next week to have a play and your input is all good reading..

XC 50-230 lens - move it on?

Just bought a used X-T2 with lenses from the Classifieds here, and one of them is the 50-230. A quick web browse shows very little love for this lens, and I've got a Tamron 18-300 (which currently away having the stiff zoom ring fixed). Does it have any redeeming qualities, or should I just sell it on?

XC 50-230 lens - move it on?

Just bought a used X-T2 with lenses from the Classifieds here, and one of them is the 50-230. A quick web browse shows very little love for this lens, and I've got a Tamron 18-300 (which currently away having the stiff zoom ring fixed). Does it have any redeeming qualities, or should I just sell it on?

Its actually optically quite good (and very lightweight), but for most people the XF55-200 is the weapon of choice (and now the XF70-300). If you aren't going to use it though, then best to sell it on.

My X100V despatched today so just over 2 weeks wait, not too bad.

Any recommendations for a case? forgot to order one!
Cool.

I have got a Tenba Skyline 4, which is perfect for just the camera on its own.

I also have an unused Think Tank Mirrorless Mover 5, which I need to put in the classifieds. That fits the X100V with the weatherproof filter and room for a spare battery etc.

Cool.

I have got a Tenba Skyline 4, which is perfect for just the camera on its own.

I also have an unused Think Tank Mirrorless Mover 5, which I need to put in the classifieds. That fits the X100V with the weatherproof filter and room for a spare battery etc.

Thanks, that Tenba Skyline 4 looks good for the price, think I'll order one of those tonight.

Having looked around tonight I would also like a Gariz Leather Half case, pretty expensive though on Amazon but it looks nice. Haven't found anywhere cheaper atm,.

Thanks, that Tenba Skyline 4 looks good for the price, think I'll order one of those tonight.

Having looked around tonight I would also like a Gariz Leather Half case, pretty expensive though on Amazon but it looks nice. Haven't found anywhere cheaper atm,.
I almost bought a Gariz half case until I found reports of the base coming unstuck, someone on here also confirmed theirs had come apart, shame because they look stunning.

I almost bought a Gariz half case until I found reports of the base coming unstuck, someone on here also confirmed theirs had come apart, shame because they look stunning.

ohhh, I was just about to order. I'll have a look into that, was the case replaced or repaired do you know?

And yeah they do look pretty stunning,

So looking forward to getting the camera tomorrow :)

ohhh, I was just about to order. I'll have a look into that, was the case replaced or repaired do you know?

And yeah they do look pretty stunning,

So looking forward to getting the camera tomorrow :)
Can’t remember sorry but given where they come from it would be a PITA to return and costly. The JJC hand grip or an L bracket is probably a better option.

Can’t remember sorry but given where they come from it would be a PITA to return and costly. The JJC hand grip or an L bracket is probably a better option.

That's a shame although I guess you do get some warranty/backup if buying via Amazon.

Back