The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Finally plucked up the courage to pick up the camera again. 5 exposures blended, T3 & XF10-24. With a tripod obviously, as my hands wouldn't hold it that still!!

Weymouth-01 by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

Love the moody sky in this great shot Steve.

Magic Steve. And a lesson for us all. Make the most of what we have.

Thanks Trev, I came very close to sending EVERYTHING to MBP, that includes all my home studio stuff too, and using the money to buy some new amateur radio gear, but the Mrs kept me on the straight & narrow....

Thanks. Went for Smallrig L bracket.
I have the Smallrig L bracket from AmazonUK on my XH2S and it is excellent, so have bought a second one for my XH2 when it arrives.
Just waiting for the XH2 now and I wil feel that I have a complete system on my Fujis.

I now need to do some serious shooting and decide if the Nikons stay or go.

Hope to have my Ball Head delivered today as will start using my monopod as a walking stick then have the camera on it, so best of both worlds.

I have found monopods to be a pain, unless you are sitting/leaning somewhere to give it plenty of support. I now take my Gitzo "Traveller" almost everywhere; it's the smallest lightest tripod I have, but is more than capable of holding the T3 & 100-400 if I use my bag as additional weight.

I have found monopods to be a pain, unless you are sitting/leaning somewhere to give it plenty of support. I now take my Gitzo "Traveller" almost everywhere; it's the smallest lightest tripod I have, but is more than capable of holding the T3 & 100-400 if I use my bag as additional weight.

This one of mine is like a police baton lol Have used it once so far so it is good and strong, did have the odd look of a policeman and just held up my camera and he smiled giving me the thumbs up.

Well I went through the photos from the session that all went wrong, and there were one or two that I managed to save. This one is my favourite, our 8 month old Grandson Blake, it's the first chance I've had to shoot him since he's been sitting up on his own.

Apologies for the background, but you have to take what you can get when they're that young.

DSCF3971 by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

Well I went through the photos from the session that all went wrong, and there were one or two that I managed to save. This one is my favourite, our 8 month old Grandson Blake, it's the first chance I've had to shoot him since he's been sitting up on his own.

Apologies for the background, but you have to take what you can get when they're that young.

DSCF3971 by Steve Jelly, on Flickr
Awesome shot Steve, his face has been captured beautifully.

Back