The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

P

thats interesting, I can see how changing the aperture on the lens makes things easier.
I have noticed there is a dramatic difference in the mega pixels between the xt3/4 and the xt5. Would this be noticeable for me do you think?

If you have to ask, probably not... Unless you print REALLY big, or tend to crop a lot, you won't notice much difference.

Took a little walk up the road tonight, to see what I could get.
Processed with Acros in C1 (and a couple of tweaks in PS) ;)

XT5 16-55 with Hairspray filter.

Gas Station by Paulie-W, on Flickr

Hayes by Paulie-W, on Flickr

Two very nice low light style captures Paul, with good mono presentations.

Two very nice low light style captures Paul, with good mono presentations.

Thank you, George (y)

Just trying to get to grips with the T5 :)

Thank you, George (y)

Just trying to get to grips with the T5 :)

Yes it's quite a useful bit of kit, I still think at the moment I prefer the files from my X-H1. And strangely enough the files I used to get from my X-T1 had a certain something about them that I liked very much.

Yes it's quite a useful bit of kit, I still think at the moment I prefer the files from my X-H1. And strangely enough the files I used to get from my X-T1 had a certain something about them that I liked very much.

Unfortunately, I haven`t had much time (or inclination) to get out with it. Crap weather isn`t helping, so I guess there will be some more toys coming up ;)
The hardest thing to get used to, is the shutter release, coming from the H1 lol I feel like I`m crushing the button at the moment.

I keep looking at the X-T5
But I'm trying to make the most of what I have.
These with my Original X100

Broken Willow by Trevor, on Flickr

Big Red by Trevor, on Flickr
You really really really really really don't need the XT-5, behave and go out and shoot.

ps. Counselling invoice will be in the post, shall we say 10% of the value of an XT-5 ?

Did anyone try a shutter butter on their X-T5 ?
I did as have a few of them but have taken it back off.
Any particular reason?

I can’t comment on the XT-5 but it looks to share exactly the same shutter button as the XT-4 and I had no end of ‘issue’ with mine and when it finally fell out I didn’t bother to replace. Could have used a dab of thread lock I guess but didn’t want to.

Any particular reason?

I can’t comment on the XT-5 but it looks to share exactly the same shutter button as the XT-4 and I had no end of ‘issue’ with mine and when it finally fell out I didn’t bother to replace. Could have used a dab of thread lock I guess but didn’t want to.

Over the years with using Fuji I have lost many of those screw in buttons, but tried it with and then without, much nicer without.

Did anyone try a shutter butter on their X-T5 ?
I did as have a few of them but have taken it back off.
I had one on my T2, but doubt if I'll bother this time.

Over the years with using Fuji I have lost many of those screw in buttons, but tried it with and then without, much nicer without.
Yeah. I find it nicer without although visually I like the look with but that’s a non issue in reality. Use experience trumps looks!

You really really really really really don't need the XT-5, behave and go out and shoot.

ps. Counselling invoice will be in the post, shall we say 10% of the value of an XT-5 ?

@trevorbray This ^^

Apart form the body style and top dials, no benefit to X-T5 and it has a smaller lower resolution EVF than the X-H2, so please as @imattersuk says "behave"

I am not going to buy a Leica (too expensive), or Panasonic (prefer Fuji over Panasonic). This purchase is more a heart thing so the numbers side of things matters less.

Let's hope there are going to be good ones in the Japanese used market! only 4 months to go!
You'll love it, Raymond. I moved on my X100F and battery gripped X-T2 for an Xpro2 and am loving it.

The XF30mm is now living on it and it's a great, relatively compact WR setup.

Enjoy!

You'll love it, Raymond. I moved on my X100F and battery gripped X-T2 for an Xpro2 and am loving it.

The XF30mm is now living on it and it's a great, relatively compact WR setup.

Enjoy!

I just need to find one, LCE had one for £600...was too slow ! Saw it at lunch time and was gone by the time i got home.

So went out to post the X-T3 and kit lens this morning, came out of the post office and it was chucking it down knew it would as I took the X-T5 with me so came back home as I HATE taking photos in the rain.
Anyway just a quick fun shot X-T5 + XF23mm f1.4 R WR.

Fly Away by Rohan, on Flickr

So went out to post the X-T3 and kit lens this morning, came out of the post office and it was chucking it down knew it would as I took the X-T5 with me so came back home as I HATE taking photos in the rain.
Anyway just a quick fun shot X-T5 + XF23mm f1.4 R WR.

Fly Away by Rohan, on Flickr

Very nice decoration style capture Dave, with a good black background.

Apologies for asking a question that's probably been posed before but almost two thousand pages is a lot to wade through!! :)

Given a choice between the X-T3 and the X-H1, which would you tend towards and why (price is almost the same)?

Head says X-T3 but heart says X-H1.

Used mainly for PR & portraiture with some sport possibly thrown in.

Also, has anyone used Canon lenses on an XT body using an adapter?

Many thanks!

I think that choosing a camera comes down to how well it feels in your hands and how the way of controlling the various functions, shutter speed, aperture etc. suits your way of working.

I bought my Nikon D700 in 2008 and used it until 2015 because everything about it felt just right. However I bought a reduced price Fuji XE-1 in 2014 as my wrists, never one of my strong points, were beginning to ache when using my D700 and Nikon lenses for longish periods of time. In 2015 I bought a XT-1 and although it didn't feel as natural to use, it wasn't too bad. Then the Metro grip was introduced and using that with it made it almost as good to use as the D700.

When the X-H1 was introduced I tried it out in my local camera shop and it felt just as natural to use as my D700 had been. However I didn't buy one as I considered it to be overpriced, but as soon as the price dropped to about £1,300 including the grip, I bought one.

A few months ago when the rumour mill was giving possible details of the X-H2 having a flippy screen and a PASM dial, I bought a second hand X-H1 so that I was covered should the first one fail in the future. Had the X-H2's had the same control layout as the X-H1 I would have been talking to the bank about a loan. With cameras, as with cars, it's how natural 'driving it' feels to the individual.

Last edited:
I think that choosing a camera comes down to how well it feels in your hands and how the way of controlling the various functions, shutter speed, aperture etc. suits your way of working.

I bought my Nikon D700 in 2008 and used it until 2015 because everything about it felt just right. However I bought a reduced price Fuji XE-1 in 2014 as my wrists, never one of my strong points, were beginning to ache when using my D700 and Nikon lenses for longish periods of time. In 2015 I bought a XT-1 and although it didn't as natural to use it wasn't too bad. Then the Metro grip was introduced and using that with it made it almost as good to use as the D700.

When the X-H1 was introduced I tried it out in my local camera shop and it felt just as natural to use as my D700 had been. However I didn't buy one as I considered it to be overpriced, but as soon as the price dropped to about £1,300 including the grip, I bought one.

A few months ago when the rumour mill was giving possible details of the X-H2 having a flippy screen and a PASM dial, I bought a second hand X-H1 so that I was covered should the first one fail in the future. Had the X-H2's had the same control layout as the X-H1 I would have been talking to the bank about a loan. With cameras, as with cars, it's how natural 'driving it' feels to the individual.
Mark @DemiLion is actually in the process of buying my H1, as I`ve moved to a T5 :)

I totally agree with you on how it feels in the hand. I had the metal hand grip on my T2, and now the T5. It kinda feels just right for me.

More dog. I'm desperate to get a decent action shot of him.
This with H2S and the 50-140 at f2.8
ISO 12800
Processed in PureRaw, crop.
This shows promise, lets hope for better light next time.

On my way by Trevor, on Flickr

Have you tried getting lower, (or at least the camera!), if the camera was level with his head, it would change the dynamic of image dramatically.

ISO 12800

Very nice dog portrait style capture Trevor, liking this pic' very much.

ISO 12800

Looking at the leaves on the ground, it looks like the focus is a bit in front of the dog.

I prefer the cropped version though.

Like this you mean, I had the camera quite low down. Perhaps I shouldn't have cropped.

On my way..no crop by Trevor, on Flickr

Don't know if the dog is running downhill or on the flat??, but what about trying to get some more air under the dog! Think of those bike shots with teh 10-24 and how the dynamics changed by holding the camera lower - its only an idea

Looks like you might have to get dirty!!

Don't know if the dog is running downhill or on the flat??, but what about trying to get some more air under the dog! Think of those bike shots with teh 10-24 and how the dynamics changed by holding the camera lower - its only an idea

Looks like you might have to get dirty!!

On the flat. Down and Dirty is my kinda gig…

Found this old shot while doing some housekeeping... Taken on our way up Snowdon a few years ago and never processed. This was actually taken by my girlfriend on her X-E1 + 16-50mm - Personally I'd prefer a little more sky in the shot, but I'd never tell her that! Processing was tough, not sure why but I just really struggled to get it looking even moderately life-like and not "too digital", plus there was some weird colour haze around the top. Even so, I really like it.

Kobi is starting to slow down a little now, and while he no doubt still has years to go, I think our trip to Scotland next January will be our last big mountain adventure. It's nice to look back and see the amazing places we've been together.

Adventure Time by Jamie Moulton, on Flickr

Found this old shot while doing some housekeeping... Taken on our way up Snowdon a few years ago and never processed. This was actually taken by my girlfriend on her X-E1 + 16-50mm - Personally I'd prefer a little more sky in the shot, but I'd never tell her that! Processing was tough, not sure why but I just really struggled to get it looking even moderately life-like and not "too digital", plus there was some weird colour haze around the top. Even so, I really like it.

Kobi is starting to slow down a little now, and while he no doubt still has years to go, I think our trip to Scotland next January will be our last big mountain adventure. It's nice to look back and see the amazing places we've been together.

Adventure Time by Jamie Moulton, on Flickr

Very nice landscape style capture Jamie, and the dog really adds to the pic' which I like very much.

Back