The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

So my time with the X-H2 so far has been a wash out. Literally. Pouring down with rain for 2 days almost non stop.

However for those interested I have discovered that this little bagsmart sling from Amazon fits perfectly the body with a 100-400 attached. You can also still fit the 16-55/2.8 in there although you do need to protect the lenses from rubbing against each other with a pouch or similar.

83A8F1D7-1D2D-46EE-8DD2-9C9410F213BB.jpeg9B79D0A0-A68E-4245-B124-D20FEF635EFD.jpeg

We managed to get away to Italy over the Christmas break. I almost didn't bother with taking my camera as I wasn't in the mood, but I'm glad I did in the end.

1. We had a stunning sunset over Lake Fiastra
Sunset I by Ian, on Flickr

2. Then an unusual moon/cloud combo
Luna I by Ian, on Flickr

3. A big cloud inversion made the view from San Marino impressive
San Marino I by Ian, on Flickr

4. I got Alyn Wallace's Astro Photography Guidebook for Christmas from my kids, so was pleased to capture Orion and Sirius over our house
Orion I by Ian, on Flickr

5. And finally, some of the eel fishing huts at Comacchio on a still day
Commacchio by Ian, on Flickr

Thanks for looking

We managed to get away to Italy over the Christmas break. I almost didn't bother with taking my camera as I wasn't in the mood, but I'm glad I did in the end.

Luna I by Ian, on Flickr

4. I got Alyn Wallace's Astro Photography Guidebook for Christmas from my kids, so was pleased to capture Orion and Sirius over our house

Thanks for looking
Ian, these shots are stunning, can't decide on a favourite as they are diverse and a wonderful set (although 2,3 and 5 are in the top for me).

So my time with the X-H2 so far has been a wash out. Literally. Pouring down with rain for 2 days almost non stop.

However for those interested I have discovered that this little bagsmart sling from Amazon fits perfectly the body with a 100-400 attached. You can also still fit the 16-55/2.8 in there although you do need to protect the lenses from rubbing against each other with a pouch or similar.

View attachment 378095View attachment 378096
How do you find this bag in general Pete? I keep meaning to pick up a sling or messenger style bag for dog walks around the park and just general days where I don’t want a rucksack. Seems decently priced and ideally sized as I’d only have the XT-4 + 16-55 on and the 55-200 too so smaller overall than what you tried.

Would you recommend the bag?
Cuteness Overload Alert

Introducing Spirit . Our Daughters new Retriever Puppy

Spirit-4 by Trevor, on Flickr

Spirit by Trevor, on Flickr

Spirit-6 by Trevor, on Flickr
Proper adorable and bags of mischief incoming!

Luna I by Ian, on Flickr

Thanks for looking
Great shots Ian.
No 2 and 5 the stand outs for me.
2 I’d like a slightly shorter crop as I feel the bottom too dark.
5 though is just spot on for me and not something I’d have said I’d be drawn too but it just hits the spot.

How do you find this bag in general Pete? I keep meaning to pick up a sling or messenger style bag for dog walks around the park and just general days where I don’t want a rucksack. Seems decently priced and ideally sized as I’d only have the XT-4 + 16-55 on and the 55-200 too so smaller overall than what you tried.

Would you recommend the bag?

I’ve had it for a good while now. It’s well made and I carry my Z9 around in it when I only want one lens in addition to the 28mm.

I would prefer if it had some extra pockets, one on the outside maybe. But otherwise I find it a nice compact sling.

Luna I by Ian, on Flickr

Thanks for looking
Brilliant set! Would have been gutted to miss this opportunity.

I’ve had it for a good while now. It’s well made and I carry my Z9 around in it when I only want one lens in addition to the 28mm.

I would prefer if it had some extra pockets, one on the outside maybe. But otherwise I find it a nice compact sling.
Cheers. Will get one ordered I think as should do the trick for my needs.

Thanks for all the comments on my previous set. It seems most of these were taken in the New Year so didn't make it into my 12 from 2022:

2022 by Ian, on Flickr

Lots of London views, particularly from up the Shard looking West, East and North, the Spanish Synagogue in Prague (this one from a Sony RX100), Southwark Cathedral and a couple from central Italy. Thanks for looking

Thanks for all the comments on my previous set. It seems most of these were taken in the New Year so didn't make it into my 12 from 2022:

2022 by Ian, on Flickr

Lots of London views, particularly from up the Shard looking West, East and North, the Spanish Synagogue in Prague (this one from a Sony RX100), Southwark Cathedral and a couple from central Italy. Thanks for looking
Magic. I must get to the Shard.

Magic. I must get to the Shard.
I have a problem with heights so was hesitant to go up but then bit the bullet and got an annual pass. As I work just ten minutes away I could pop by when conditions looked promising. I probably went about eight times and got solid pictures on all but the first, when I was just seeing what was possible (and reassuring myself it wasn't about to collapse). An enormous rubber hood to kill reflections and a bag to balance the camera on (tripods aren't allowed) both really helped.

My wife wanted to go shopping in manchester this morning so I thought it would be a good excuse to take my new XH2, bit of a horrible gloomy day

DSCF0054-Edit-Edit-Edit by Anthony Ellison, on Flickr

DSCF0062-Edit by Anthony Ellison, on Flickr

DSCF0077-Edit by Anthony Ellison, on Flickr

DSCF0082-Edit by Anthony Ellison, on Flickr
Nice set.
If my bearings are about right it’s nice to see you resisted the temptation to take the top shot with all the padlocks in it.

Royal Exchange a belter and as for the Fjallraven shop. I have to stay away from there for fear of expensive times!

2022 by Ian, on Flickr

Cracking set of shots. Hoping to get a visit to London in soon.

How are those of you with an X-T5 getting on with it? Im considering upgrading my X-T3 but I've seen some reports that the autofocus and tracking system has some issues at the moment.

Luna I by Ian, on Flickr

Thanks for looking
Fabulous.....simply fabulous....!!!

Respect;
Peter

X-100 (original) Limited Ediiton anyone?

£450!

Or the S for £500.

Last edited:
X-100 (original) Limited Ediiton anyone?

£450!

Or the S for £500.

These in black are a Limited Edition of the Original. If it’s complete that’s actually not too bad a price.

"Thank you for your order which is now being processed."

Tiktok joined. :p

Now I own X-Pro1, X-T1 and X-100, all in Black.

Can anyone recommend a hotshoe thumb grip?

Or know whether one for the X-100V would fit X-100?
Nice one. No. The thumb grips are not interchangeable.

What is stopping the latest one git the 1st one?
It’s just the physical size. I’ve got a JJC thumb grip for my Original. Much prefer to shoot without it.
Had the LensMate when I had the V. Quite liked it.

It’s just the physical size. I’ve got a JJC thumb grip for my Original. Much prefer to shoot without it.
Had the LensMate when I had the V. Quite liked it.

I have a lensmate for my X-Pro1, it's really nice but expensive.

I might just get this, but overall I am after a half case or the MHG-X100 base and grip thing.

I might just get this, but overall I am after a half case or the MHG-X100 base and grip thing.
I've an arca compatible base for the original x100 sitting in a drawer here. If you stick a wanted ad up and tag me I can get it to you if you cover postage? Tomorrow is going to be hectic, but should be able to get it in the post on Fri if interested?

How are those of you with an X-T5 getting on with it? Im considering upgrading my X-T3 but I've seen some reports that the autofocus and tracking system has some issues at the moment.

So far I haven`t had any issues at all with the AF. Although not taken too many pix as yet, but animal eye worked well on the latest Fox ones, and peep eye worked on my daughter (even done a test shot on a starwars stamp, and that picked out the eye :eek:).

`Tis a lovely camera imho (coming from T2 and H1).

Last edited:
I've an arca compatible base for the original x100 sitting in a drawer here. If you stick a wanted ad up and tag me I can get it to you if you cover postage? Tomorrow is going to be hectic, but should be able to get it in the post on Fri if interested?

Actually, not to worry, Found a Fuji original online in Japan. 5000 yen.

1Ag5gzI.png

Last edited:

If the x100 you’ve bought is complete it’ll have a leather case and hood with it.

If the x100 you’ve bought is complete it’ll have a leather case and hood with it.

I have a Gariz (spelling?) half leather case for my X-Pro1 too, but I miss the bump of the grip.

I am holding off getting hood though, actually i just found a video review of the Limited edition, the case and the hood is probably cost £100 separately. I think I have settled for the cameras to take to Japan.

Olympus OM2 + 50/1.4
X100
A7R3 + 35MG or 24-70/2.8

Looking forward to the creating some unique images with each.

Last edited:
says 4*, so no box or accessories?
That’s a shame Chris.
yj5XUBo.png

I did email them too, but I didn't know about the hood and leather case so only asked about the charger and strap. Which it has, will find out whether it has the rest of it!

Hopefully it does as it still has the front cap and the box.

Ex15SKL.png

The A7R3 i bought last week was 3*, but it also had a box with charger and strap too.

Last edited:
Back