The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Any recommendations for a travel lens to take to New Zealand? My X-T20 currently has 16-50 and 27mm at the moment. Thinking could do with a wider option for the vast outdoors will be seeing on the North Island?

The iPhone has triple lens but won't do the location justice and will rather use that for video as it's got to a point where it better than my RX100 V but will pack that also as a backup and evenings out.

Any recommendations for a travel lens to take to New Zealand? My X-T20 currently has 16-50 and 27mm at the moment. Thinking could do with a wider option for the vast outdoors will be seeing on the North Island?

The iPhone has triple lens but won't do the location justice and will rather use that for video as it's got to a point where it better than my RX100 V but will pack that also as a backup and evenings out.
Could you hire a 10-24 for the trip?

That look in the first shot in great.
Like she is thinking... " you and that bloody camera. Can a dog not get a bit of rest!"

It's funny as when Susie sees me grab one of my cameras she turns away so I have to either say Who's That or Cheese.

The Fuji 10-24 first generation is worth a punt as they're quite good value used. Doesn't have the weather-resistance or the aperture markings of the mark 2 but optically it's identical.

Wider isn't necessarily better for landscape...

That aside, you can stitch 16mm shots together to go as wide as you like, but there is only so far you can crop in - I'd be tempted with a longer zoom tbh.

Edit - I also saw a Samyang 12mm in classifieds for crazy cheap earlier. It's a great lens and it's what I use for astro or anything requiring ultrawide.

Last edited:
Tamron 150- 500 or Fuji 100-600 what’s the best lens for the h2s
Do you mean the Fuji 100-400 or the 150-600? Personally I discounted the 150-600 straight away seeing how slow it is, F8 at the long end isn't great and it's slower than the 100-400 at most equivalent focal lengths too. The 100-400 I've found great. No idea on the Tamron but they seem well regarded on the Sony side of things now.

Must be a dog thing. Ours does exactly the same.
Can sit staring at you but the second the phone or camera is in view, nope, not looking!

I think she has clicked now, as she was in a great place on the chair so I picked up the camera and sat down in front of her she looked at me then jumped off lol

Tamron 150- 500 or Fuji 100-600 what’s the best lens for the h2s
Can’t speak for the Tamron. I found the Fuji excellent. F8 no barrier to getting great shots. Fast to focus. Very sharp. Internal zoom. High ISO processing with PureRAW produces super results.

A lot of these were taken with the 10-24...

I've used it at 24mm in portrait to take 3-4 shot pano's, or, the 35 f1.4 to do 5-7 shot pano's. The 35 is quite light, but I love the 10-24, it's quite useful as an all round lens, but it is only f4.

I have decided to get rid of two of my XF lenses as don't use them much now days. XF35mm f1.4 R and the XF23mm f1.4 R LM WR. Plus they come in the original boxes, even the little XF16mm f2.8 can go. As I'm having a good clear out, if I can find the box ( No box at the moment )then the X-S10 will go as well.

Last edited:
best place to send a camera for repair?

My stepdaughter dropped her XT-2 and ever since the rear LCD has stopped working. Its not cracked or anything so I'm hoping a cable just dropped loose inside! I did think of just sending it off to Fuji but feel they might charge a fortune, are there any decent independants anyone would advise?
Just over a year ago I had an accident whereupon the rear LCD on my XT2 was smashed and the camera was submerged in estuarine mud. I sent it off to Fuji and it came back cleaned, serviced and with a new rear LCD, top plate (original had been heavily scratched) and rubbers for £180. They turned it around quickly too. Aside from tripod marks on the base, it looks like a brand new camera.

I did it direct rather than through Wex as they would add an admin charge.

Try: https://repairs.fujifilm.eu/en/fujifilm-repair-centre/

X100F for £769 which is probably the lowest I’ve seen for a boxed one in fairly good condition. Very tempted to pick one up to go to Japan with but I think I’ll hold off and stick with my original and A7R3 combo.

That’s fantastic

I have decided to get rid of two of my XF lenses as don't use them much now days. XF35mm f1.4 R and the XF23mm f1.4 R LM WR. Plus they come in the original boxes, even the little XF16mm f2.8 can go. As I'm having a good clear out, if I can find the box ( No box at the moment )then the X-S10 will go as well.

The lenses are now up for sale.

The Fuji 10-24 first generation is worth a punt as they're quite good value used. Doesn't have the weather-resistance or the aperture markings of the mark 2 but optically it's identical.

That aside, you can stitch 16mm shots together to go as wide as you like, but there is only so far you can crop in - I'd be tempted with a longer zoom tbh.

Edit - I also saw a Samyang 12mm in classifieds for crazy cheap earlier. It's a great lens and it's what I use for astro or anything requiring ultrawide.

A lot of these were taken with the 10-24...

I've used it at 24mm in portrait to take 3-4 shot pano's, or, the 35 f1.4 to do 5-7 shot pano's. The 35 is quite light, but I love the 10-24, it's quite useful as an all round lens, but it is only f4.

Thank you guys for your input.

I had been reading up on the 10-24 to try and make things easier to capture the wide landscape but do see the benefit of a zoom as not like I'll be up super close to shoot and/or doing panoramas with my 16-50. I want to resist using the iPhone even though it has various options and option to get quick results.

The main aim is to enjoy visiting places and snap to remember where I have been and get myself in the shots by passing to a friend and/or using a tripod and timer.

I look at renting and a few options came up or just buying something and then moving on when return from my holidays.

X100F for £769 which is probably the lowest I’ve seen for a boxed one in fairly good condition. Very tempted to pick one up to go to Japan with but I think I’ll hold off and stick with my original and A7R3 combo.

Are you looking at a one lens one camera combo option to capture holiday moments in Japan? I have been on the fence about just going simple with GRIII 28mm or X100 35mm to do away with over reliance on lots of different options. Intrigued to hear your thoughts. Thank you.

Are you looking at a one lens one camera combo option to capture holiday moments in Japan? I have been on the fence about just going simple with GRIII 28mm or X100 35mm to do away with over reliance on lots of different options. Intrigued to hear your thoughts. Thank you.

I will have my A7R3 with me, just something to have to hand if I want to nip out from my hotel for a meal but don't want to take a larger camera and something just about fit in a pocket.

I would agree with that but when traveling there is a balance to be struck with duration time to take one photo against holiday enjoyment, as well as weight of lens versus weight and bulk of a tripod.

At home I frequently travel light (without a tripod) but I do that with the view that I can return to retake an image. When traveling compact and light is desirable but also a challenge as a tripod is a bulky and potentially heavy item to carry.

Anyone using DXO Pro Raw 3?

Downloaded a trial and it seems to play very nicely, particularly with the Fuji files. I'm wondering what workflow you have if you're using it.

At the moment, I'm simply converting in LR ad hoc which isn't ideal as it creates a second RAW file. I also noticed this morning if I use it standalone the trial will only let me convert 20 images at a time.

Before I push the buy button was wondering if others are using and how.

Anyone using DXO Pro Raw 3?

Downloaded a trial and it seems to play very nicely, particularly with the Fuji files. I'm wondering what workflow you have if you're using it.

At the moment, I'm simply converting in LR ad hoc which isn't ideal as it creates a second RAW file. I also noticed this morning if I use it standalone the trial will only let me convert 20 images at a time.

Before I push the buy button was wondering if others are using and how.

I'm using version 2 as a LR plug in, I import images into LR, sleect those I wish to use with PureRAW and then batch process. It will process multiple selected images from LR. Then I sleect the DXO sub-folder and edit.

I'm using version 2 as a LR plug in, I import images into LR, sleect those I wish to use with PureRAW and then batch process. It will process multiple selected images from LR. Then I sleect the DXO sub-folder and edit.
Thanks David, pretty much as I’m doing with the trial. Batch processing before pulling into LR looks interesting though.

Just waiting for a quote off Wex and MPB for my boxed X-T5, reason why it can go is. I never take a camera out in the rain plus it's got the box and I only really use the X-S10 and GR3 now. Plus I might get another X100V, as I miss my last one.

Even though the X-T5 is going for sale tomorrow, after the day I've had I might just sell the lot of my Fuji kit and go one camera for good.

Don’t rush anything Dave

As I don't get much choice of getting out with a camera now and in the future, imo it is better to get rid of nearly the lot and get the X100V again as that will do me just right now, plus my mind has totally changed on my photography now.

The next incarnation of the X100 can’t be far away if Fuji keep to their regular schedule. I wonder what the next iteration will bring.

Either…

40mp sensor

I don’t think this will happen purely due to the lens on it wont be able resolve it, or at least make it worthwhile.

IBIS

If they could fit it in, I doubt they could as the X100 is tiny…but never say never.

Latest AF and processing

This is a given.

Nice to have dual card, GPS, 1/8000 mechanical.

Back