The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I have the first generation 10-24mm and love it for landscapes. Its on my camera for 95% of the time as I love wide angle landscape photos. Its also been to New Zealand with me. PM me if you want any tips on cool photo locations.

I use a Samyang 12mm F2 for wide angle astro stuff, but have also taken this on general landscape trips if I want to save weight. its tiny. Optically is good, but probably not quite as good as the 10-24. Manual Focus only.

There are a few photos I took the other day on the 10-24 in the landscape photo page.

Some great use of the 10-24 there. I'm thinking of grabbing one to take now and upon return move it on. 10-24 for when out and then 27mm for evening out or low-key shooting.

Any recommendations on third-party batteries via Amazon? I only have one and lost my charger so have to charge via camera.

Thank you.

I have a 10-24 that I've not used in ages. I'll dig it out and the box and may well post a for sale thread once I've got an idea of what it's worth...

Some great use of the 10-24 there. I'm thinking of grabbing one to take now and upon return move it on. 10-24 for when out and then 27mm for evening out or low-key shooting.

Any recommendations on third-party batteries via Amazon? I only have one and lost my charger so have to charge via camera.

Thank you.
Which X-Series camera do you have? Cant say for the X-T5 but ive got laods of spare X-T3 style batteries from 3rd parties. All performed just the same as the fuji one.

Which X-Series camera do you have? Cant say for the X-T5 but ive got laods of spare X-T3 style batteries from 3rd parties. All performed just the same as the fuji one.

X-T20. Which third party brand did you get?

Thank you.
I bought this last year for my X-T4 : https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08BY9PNT3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Seems ok, doesn't last as long as the official Fuji ones so it's my emergency battery. The camera accepts it no problem, it doesn't show any warnings or errors. The dual charger works fine but it's quite slow.

I bought this last year for my X-T4 : https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08BY9PNT3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Seems ok, doesn't last as long as the official Fuji ones so it's my emergency battery. The camera accepts it no problem, it doesn't show any warnings or errors. The dual charger works fine but it's quite slow.

One of the potential issue with 3rd Party batteries is their performance and heat transfer under extreme loads. In the real world this really only applies during high speed bursts (in boost mode) or high data rate video codecs. When these occur the battery is under a lot of strain (in comparison to normal modes) and users have found that sometimes third party batteries may start to bulge in these scenarios.

Obviously different batteries will respond differently, but the genuine Fujifilm ones are engineered to cope with these demands. Since most of us don't shoot in these high demand modes a third party battery can be an acceptable substitute.

I bought a third-party battery at the same time as I bought my X-T2 in 2018 and used them alternately. The third-party battery died last year, barely holding any charge. The original Fuji battery is still going strong. I bought another Fuji battery to replace the dead third-party battery.

New to fuji i have a h2s but can only seem to set the min shutter to 500 in auto iso want to take bird photos so need 1000, 2000 etc how would i do that

New to fuji i have a h2s but can only seem to set the min shutter to 500 in auto iso want to take bird photos so need 1000, 2000 etc how would i do that
There are 3 default Auto ISO. Select Auto ISO 3
Don’t have mine to hand. Working from memory.

ignore

Last edited:
iso1,2 or 3 only go to 500?

I have mine set up in 3 different ways, so (if I remember) I can try to shoot moving subjects, which although isn`t that often. The link is for said section on setting up.
That said, it`s from the T5 manual, but am guessing it`s pretty much the same.

Last edited:
Hi all.

I’m new to the xh1.

So, I want to save 7 custom jpeg recipes but I can only save 3 different custom WB settings?

So I can’t have a different custom WB setting for each of the 7 recipes?

Or I can use one of the built in jpeg presets? Velvia, astia, classic chrome etc

Hope that makes sense.

You are correct. The minimum shutter speed in Auto ISO is 1/500th. Which is not great. It's one of a hundred minor points that niggle about the flexibility of the Fuji menu system.

However, the good news is that you should only ever be using one variable anyway.

So set your shutter speed manually (or using the 'T' selector and let Auto ISO get on with its work.

Hi all.

I’m new to the xh1.

So, I want to save 7 custom jpeg recipes but I can only save 3 different custom WB settings?

So I can’t have a different custom WB setting for each of the 7 recipes?

Or I can use one of the built in jpeg presets? Velvia, astia, classic chrome etc

Hope that makes sense.
Unfortunately yeah, same with my xt30, they allowed custom WB per recipe from the XT4 I think, best google

Poo.

Ah well.

Many thanks dude.
Try this. Use Manual Mode. Select desired shutter and aperture. Auto ISO 3. If you find you need exposure compensation assign a Fn Button (Fn2 is convenient) to Exposure Compensation when in Manual Mode. Then when in Manual a press of the button will allow you to use a command dial to set it. Another press toggles it off.

Try this. Use Manual Mode. Select desired shutter and aperture. Auto ISO 3. If you find you need exposure compensation assign a Fn Button (Fn2 is convenient) to Exposure Compensation when in Manual Mode. Then when in Manual a press of the button will allow you to use a command dial to set it. Another press toggles it off.

You're replying to the wrong conversation.

My first motorsport outing of the year, a quick trip to Oulton Park this afternoon for a Ginetta test day. I'm trying out a jpeg shooting workflow so these are all lightly edited jpegs with some in camera processing applied, based on the Velvia film simulation

B1E02708-4C52-4F91-B281-46C5B35BBF82.jpeg

18D2B070-D50B-47A6-89FF-758443255F74.jpeg
7D051E7A-1F1D-4D9D-B374-1782A53E7FF8.jpeg
A448814A-BF15-4FF0-B4E4-C45074D4178A.jpeg

Back