The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

My regular/favourite car parking space in The Shropshire Hills has been closed off so I've had to find other places to ditch the car and start my wandering from. Helps me explore new areas though.

A pic from a morning walk not long back.

XT5 and 16-80

Battlestones, Shropshire by Jason, on Flickr
Great light.

It seems a few places, at least WEX and LCE, have got 10% off lenses today, so I picked up a 50-140mm. I was planning to get it next week, but 10% discount is not to be sniffed at.

Sending the V to MPB this morning so farewell (for now) Fuji friends

As rubbish as it is that you've lost your mojo, this is the right call. Prices are nuts right now and if you aren't using it, it's best to sell while they're high - especially with a successor looming next year.

Maybe pick up a cheaper body, or just set the money aside for when the time is right.

Don’t do it…

Dropped off the parcel this morning - it’s gone.

As rubbish as it is that you've lost your mojo, this is the right call. Prices are nuts right now and if you aren't using it, it's best to sell while they're high - especially with a successor looming next year.

Maybe pick up a cheaper body, or just set the money aside for when the time is right.

I still have my iPhone if the urge surfaces for a snap!

Prices of used Vs on fleabay are around £1450 and MPB want over £1700 for a like new example.

I got quoted £1225 inc free shipping to send it in.

It’s just too much money to have sat in a cupboard unfortunately and you’re right they will reduce in value soon when new one is announced.

All the best

Dropped off the parcel this morning - it’s gone.

I still have my iPhone if the urge surfaces for a snap!

Prices of used Vs on fleabay are around £1450 and MPB want over £1700 for a like new example.

I got quoted £1225 inc free shipping to send it in.

It’s just too much money to have sat in a cupboard unfortunately and you’re right they will reduce in value soon when new one is announced.

All the best

Infact did another quote on MPB this morning and they are now only offering £1,075.00. Good job my quote was valid for 10 days (y)

Infact did another quote on MPB this morning and they are now only offering £1,075.00. Good job my quote was valid for 10 days (y)

Like I said, good thing you snapped their hands off !

It is VERY likely that a new one is coming out soon, everyone and their dog are selling these now, the prices will fall, and fast! There's going to be a TON of them on the market. I can see on the X100v user group a lot of people bought these because they just fell into this trend thing and not realising what they actually want to do with it.

Slowly getting through my Icelandic pics. The first landscape shots are with the xf 33mm and the church photos are with the xf 16mm f2.8. Don't underestimate the 16mm f2.8 just because it's cheaper, I brought it with me as a backup but it was on my camera 95% of the time.

Chucked in a before pic of one of the landscape shots just to show what can be recovered in lightroom.

DSCF0272 by Thomas A, on Flickr

DSCF0258 by Thomas A, on FlickrDSCF0241 by Thomas A, on Flickr

DSCF0245 by Thomas A, on Flickr

DSCF0244 by Thomas A, on Flickr

Slowly getting through my Icelandic pics. The first landscape shots are with the xf 33mm and the church photos are with the xf 16mm f2.8. Don't underestimate the 16mm f2.8 just because it's cheaper, I brought it with me as a backup but it was on my camera 95% of the time.

Chucked in a before pic of one of the landscape shots just to show what can be recovered in lightroom.

DSCF0258 by Thomas A, on FlickrDSCF0241 by Thomas A, on Flickr

DSCF0245 by Thomas A, on Flickr

DSCF0244 by Thomas A, on Flickr
Great set, but for me the first one is a bit special (y)

Looks very nice. Trying to figure out if I want a 50-140 or a 90mm to pop on my X-Pro2.

Dave, I've had both, they are both fantastic pieces of glass, the OIS on the 50-140 is excellent, and (obviously) its a zoom and is more flexible (you can add the TC as well), that said the 90mm renders beautifully and just wants to be shot wide open (and is insanely sharp at F2)

Personally if you can live with fixed focal length I'd go for the 90mm, it will also be much better balanced on the X-Pro2 than the 50-140mm.

Dave, I've had both, they are both fantastic pieces of glass, the OIS on the 50-140 is excellent, and (obviously) its a zoom and is more flexible (you can add the TC as well), that said the 90mm renders beautifully and just wants to be shot wide open (and is insanely sharp at F2)

Personally if you can live with fixed focal length I'd go for the 90mm, it will also be much better balanced on the X-Pro2 than the 50-140mm.
:agree:

I agree with David and Paul.

I've never used the 50-140mm, but I have the 90mm and it's my favourite XF prime lens to use. It's virtually identical in optical performance to the much optically heralded older 56mm f/1.2 (which I also have) - they're both insanely sharp wide open with lovely rendered OOF areas. You can shoot at f/2 with the 90mm in full confidence it will deliver.

You already have some very nice primes, maybe it's time for another ;)

I on the other hand, moved my 90mm on as the 50-140 was coping admirably, and being a zoom, was more versatile. Only have one fixed focus lens these days....

I on the other hand, moved my 90mm on as the 50-140 was coping admirably, and being a zoom, was more versatile. Only have one fixed focus lens these days....

I have 3 X-T2s with zooms nowadays so I have the 50-140 (plus 10-24 & 16-55) but when I had X-Pro1s I had the 90 for exactly the reasons that David @Mr Perceptive outlined which is why I agreed with his advice.

Thanks David & others. Definitely food for thought. I’d originally considered the 90mm, but the call of the 50-140 is strong, particularly for its flexibility.

I have a 90mm prime I use on my Leica M10 & really like the compression it renders. The 90mm Fujifilm may offer a similar experience (obviously at a focal length advantage).

Not rush, I’ll keep on researching. :)

It is worth borrowing them from Fuji to see how you get on.

Thanks David & others. Definitely food for thought. I’d originally considered the 90mm, but the call of the 50-140 is strong, particularly for its flexibility.

I have a 90mm prime I use on my Leica M10 & really like the compression it renders. The 90mm Fujifilm may offer a similar experience (obviously at a focal length advantage).

Not rush, I’ll keep on researching. :)
The XF 56 is closer to the 90 you have on the Leica in terms of FoV and compression. The 90 is more like a 135 on FF.

The XF 56 is closer to the 90 you have on the Leica in terms of FoV and compression. The 90 is more like a 135 on FF.
Thanks man, yeah I get that. I have the 50/2 (75mm FF equivalent), going longer on the Fuji could be fun.

sy4ZzIL.jpg

Back