The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

^ exactly what Richard said. I picked up a mint X-T4 from Park Cameras a couple of weeks ago for £799. Other than the box seals being broken you wouldn’t know it’s not brand new.
That's an absolute bargain

A few shots from the weekend, a trip to Conwy and the castle. All taken on an X-T4 with the 18-55mm kit lens, Classic Chrome and Velvia simulations

Cracking shots those!

How do you let the forum post more than two pics in a single post?

Cracking shots those!

How do you let the forum post more than two pics in a single post?
Flickr links...
Share/ BB code/ size etc copy and paste here :)

That's an absolute bargain
I know right! I'd been telling myself that I'd wait until they were under £1000... LCE had one at £969, and MPB were around that price too. I'm glad I shopped around :)

EDIT: I really like your Conwy shots. I was there for work a few months ago, and I didn't get the weather you had!

Last edited:
Just ordered a TTArtisan 35mm f1.4 to partner my X-T2. Anyone any experience with one of these?

I haven't had that one, but I've got the TTArtisan 27mm AF, and I really like it. I had the 7Artisans 35mm F0.95: that was a good lens, and I think the 7Artisans/TTArtisan stuff is very similar, optically and in build quality.

Finally updating my Nikon D90 which I have had for the last 15 years as a keen amateur,

I would love to purchase the Fuji XT 5 with the 18 55 mm lens but it maybe slightly out of my price bracket.

What is the closest compact, mirrorless, with image stabilisation fuji that I can get for photography, rarely use video and down a bit in price?

PS would I be able to use my existing Nikon lens with a fuji, eg, Sigma 17-701:2.8-4 Marco, Nikkor 35mm 1:1.8G and Nikkor 70-300331:4.5-5.6G with an adapter? If so what would be the disadvantages?

Any guidance much appreciated.
Just been in a similar dilemma and after the "Due Diligence" alert ( thanks) decided to go new.XT5 out of my budget so went XS10 18-55 bundle from WEX £1199 and then get £150 cashback..Hopefully it's a decent way to get back into Fuji

I have the TTA 27mm arriving tomorrow @skullfunkerry

no pressure if it’s no good :p
Ha! I was playing around with mine today - I'm off to Scotland for work tomorrow, so I'm just taking that - proper light weight setup. Which colour did you go for?

Yeah that’s what I do - but the site says there’s a two pic limit per post. Maybe it’s a membership length limitation…?
It only lets me insert two Flickr links - any more than that and it doesn't convert them automatically. I've used links to Imgur on here and they usually seem to work, but the best way I've found for photos is to use the "Attach Files" button - bear in mind though if you're adding them from a desktop PC you'll need to create lower res/smaller versions first (I usually add them from my iPhone or iPad, and then if you set the file size to Large rather than Original it makes them a lot smaller - then you can add way more than two).

I've just sold my X-T30 - absolutely brilliant little camera. I have a Fuji grip for it if you're interested...
Thanks, but there was one in the box that came with it unexpectedly.

Yeah that’s what I do - but the site says there’s a two pic limit per post. Maybe it’s a membership length limitation…?
Oh, maybe it is then. I would ask @Cobra just to clarify :)

Oh, maybe it is then. I would ask @Cobra just to clarify :)
@colourofsound I'm not sure what this is about, but it's 6 attachments or 8 BB codes from the likes of flickr,
That is assuming the limits are adhered to.
If you break the limits, the forum software edits the posts.
SEE HERE

Last edited:
I know right! I'd been telling myself that I'd wait until they were under £1000... LCE had one at £969, and MPB were around that price too. I'm glad I shopped around :)

EDIT: I really like your Conwy shots. I was there for work a few months ago, and I didn't get the weather you had!
It was nice and bright but absolutely freezing!

What's everyone's thoughts on the 16-80mm f/4 vs the 18-55mm kit lens? I've always had a nagging doubt I should have bought the 16-80 kit over the 18-55 kit, but at the time was put off by the 16-80s less than stellar reputation, and the fact it was a stop slower at the wide end. But, it has weather sealing, a constant aperture, better AF and better IS than my 18-55.

My trip away at the weekend got me thinking maybe a one size fits all lens, covering super wide to mid-tele would actually be the best bet for my upcoming Rome trip, even if it is only f4. I believe there is a lot of copy variation on the 16-80 (unless that's just internet nonsense), so I'd be buying used from somewhere like Wex, so I could return if I got a dodgy one. It would also fit better into my motorsport work alongside the 100-400mm, giving me almost full coverage from 16 to 400mm.

And yes I know I posted on Friday saying I can't ever see me selling the 18-55 :D Would I gain anything by swapping to the 16-80, apart from the wider focal range?

Last edited:
What's everyone's thoughts on the 16-80mm f/4 vs the 18-55mm kit lens? I've always had a nagging doubt I should have bought the 16-80 kit over the 18-55 kit, but at the time was put off by the 16-80s less than stellar reputation, and the fact it was a stop slower at the wide end. But, it has weather sealing, a constant aperture, better AF and better IS than my 18-55.

My trip away at the weekend got me thinking maybe a one size fits all lens, covering super wide to mid-tele would actually be the best bet for my upcoming Rome trip, even if it is only f4. I believe there is a lot of copy variation on the 16-80 (unless that's just internet nonsense), so I'd be buying used from somewhere like Wex, so I could return if I got a dodgy one. It would also fit better into my motorsport work alongside the 100-400mm, giving me almost full coverage from 16 to 400mm.

And yes I know I posted on Friday saying I can't ever see me selling the 18-55 :D Would I gain anything by swapping to the 16-80, apart from the wider focal range?

Richard personally I don't think you'll need the telephoto range for Rome, most things are very tight on space, if anything you'll crave for something wider, and want wider apertures, some of the building interiors are quite dark.

Not sure if I've posted this link, but these were 'my' Rome are all X100F with converters (and my homemade fisheye for the Vatican staircase) - Trevi fountain was a 5 shot (vertical pano)

Best thing to take a a decent pair of walking trainers.................................

I would also say "go wide" in Rome (and most cities to be honest). the 16 f1.4 will be a good option. I have the 10=24 and it's a bit slow at f4 for some of those dark interiors.

I've not had the 18-55, but have had the 18-135, 16-80 (two copies) and the Tamron 17-70. I liked the range of the 18-135 and it was a decent performer, but both copies of the 16-80 were better than it. I moved to the 17-70 to try it out as I've had various Tamrons over the years and like their rendering - it's definitely a bit different to Fuji lenses. I'm happy with it, but would have no qualms moving back to the 16-80. It's a good travel lens - sharp enough and the 16mm gets you plenty wide for cityscapes. I've not sold my 16-80 yet. If you decide to put of a wanted ad, tag me in please!

Richard personally I don't think you'll need the telephoto range for Rome, most things are very tight on space, if anything you'll crave for something wider, and want wider apertures, some of the building interiors are quite dark.

Not sure if I've posted this link, but these were 'my' Rome are all X100F with converters (and my homemade fisheye for the Vatican staircase) - Trevi fountain was a 5 shot (vertical pano)

Best thing to take a a decent pair of walking trainers.................................
Yes I think I looked at that album a couple of weeks ago, definitely wider the better. I was toying with the idea of getting a 23mm or 35mm f2 WR but having been round a castle at the weekend I've definitely realised the wider the better for things like that. The dark interiors leads me back to keeping the 18-55, as it's a stop faster. We do have in the house a little XC 15-45mm as well, maybe I just slip that into my bag for the trip. The power zoom drives me mad, and I think it's only f3.5 but 15mm is very wide and it has IS.

Obviously the 16-55mm f2.8 is the best out of this range of zooms but it's also twice the price and out of my budget at the moment. Dunno, maybe I just keep the 18-55. I am happy with the images I get from it, it's a great little lens.

I have been having the same thoughts, especially as I mainly use my 18-55 for landscape, so not to fussed about f2.8. 16mm at the wide end, is more important to me. WR would also be welcome too. I used to like the 24-105f4 lens I had when I shot Canon FF, it seemed to cover most bases for landscape, so I kind of see the 16-80 as the Fuji equivalent.

The only thing that has stopped me buying, is the rumours for the replacement for the 18-55, it sounds like it will be a 16-50 f2.8 - f4.8 with WR and internal zoom, which might be an even better bet for my usage.

Not many pix on this page... Wayyy too much wordy stuff ;) So thought I`d post a pic...

P.S @RichardC27 Last time I went, I had a 23mm bolted on, and sometimes even that wasn`t wide enough. Rome is very tightly spaced. Think of your closest city, and squeeze it in a bit.

T5 35mm

Batman by Paulie-W, on Flickr

I have been having the same thoughts, especially as I mainly use my 18-55 for landscape, so not to fussed about f2.8. 16mm at the wide end, is more important to me. WR would also be welcome too. I used to like the 24-105f4 lens I had when I shot Canon FF, it seemed to cover most bases for landscape, so I kind of see the 16-80 as the Fuji equivalent.

The only thing that has stopped me buying, is the rumours for the replacement for the 18-55, it sounds like it will be a 16-50 f2.8 - f4.8 with WR and internal zoom, which might be an even better bet for my usage.
It works out at 24-120mm in FF equivalent, so yes it's as close to a 24-105 as you're going to get on the Fuji system. I just feel like the lack of WR on my 18-55mm is going to be a limit one day.

View attachment 411546

Whitefriargate - Hull
T3 - 16 1.4

When I was a student at Hull in the early 80's Whitefriargate was a busy street packed with main brand shops - there used to be a line of little bins in the middle which we would leapfrog on our way from the Punch to the Manchester Arms!!!!

(Princess Quay shopping complex didn't exist then.......)

Hello Fabulous People:)

Simple Question: If you’d come into £700 (maybe £800) unexpectedly, would you trade in your XT-4 for an XT-5?

:)

(Or XH-2?)

Last edited:
When I was a student at Hull in the early 80's Whitefriargate was a busy street packed with main brand shops - there used to be a line of little bins in the middle which we would leapfrog on our way from the Punch to the Manchester Arms!!!!

(Princess Quay shopping complex didn't exist then.......)
Both pubs are still here. There is an attempt to make Whitefriargate a place to visit. Slow progress though.

Simple Question: If you’d come into £700 (maybe £800) unexpectedly, would you trade in your XT-4 for an XT-5?

(Or XH-2?)

I'd probably spend it on a nice lens instead. What are you missing in your X-T4 that the X-T5 would give you?

Disclaimer - I own an X-T5

(Or XH-2?)
Any specific reason, or just GAS? ;)

Personally I never liked the flippy screen on the T4, so bypassed that. Coming from a T2 then H1.

I would say if you're happy with the T4, go get glass (y)

I had the 18-55 and loved it, but I swapped to the 16-80 last summer and haven't regretted it at all. It's very good, and even if you don't need the telephoto for Rome, the extra 2mm at the wide end is very useful. The IS is excellent, and the weather sealing has already proved handy a couple of times.

(Or XH-2?)
Having just bought an X-T4 a couple of weeks ago, I don't think I'd bother with the X-T5 even if I won the lottery tomorrow... it's a great camera but I'm not sure there's anything it would bring to the party for me, apart from the 40 megapixels... I think I'd rather have faster burst shooting though, personally.
(and I'm really enjoying the flippy screen, tbh)

(Or XH-2?)
I would go for glass first, unless better autofocus, or 40MP were really needed.

Back