The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Took the X-T30ii out for the first time properly today as the weathe has been so bad.
I'm still very much learning both the camera and general photography. The light was dull so I tried some monochrome.

Also was pleased with this:

Took the X-T30ii out for the first time properly today as the weathe has been so bad.
I'm still very much learning both the camera and general photography. The light was dull so I tried some monochrome.

Any idea which film sim that last one is? Lovely colours

Excellent processing on these……that colour capture looks like a faded Polaroid - fabulous…!

Regards.
Peter

X-H2s Tech issue if anyone can help...and a really odd one....

Camera settings:
RAW + Fine (uncompressed)
L3:2
Back up (biffed that one - should have it set to separate)

Problem:

The Jpegs are fine @ 6240x4160
BUT The RAF files are 4416x2944 (ie MRAW - if the Fuji shot it - but it doesn't!)

Any ideas because it has stumped the s**t out of me!

Any idea which film sim that last one is? Lovely colours

Thank you. :)

This one was Classic Chrome with no recipe, but I did edit it in Lightroom. The LR preset is "Seasons: Winter WN02"

Incidentally, does anyone know a program/site that can pull the custom recipe name / Custom number please?

I pulled the below from this site: https://www.solentsystems.com/exif3/

Lens Information
Lens MakeTTARTISAN
Lens ModelAF 27/2.8
Lens Serial2AA07513
IQ Menu
Image File TypeJPG
Image Size6240x4160
Image QualityFINE
Film SimulationClassic Chrome
Grain EffectOff
Grain SizeN/A
Color ChromeOff
Color Chrome FXOff
Clarity0
White BalanceAuto
White Balance Fine TuneRed 0 Blue 0
Dynamic RangeAuto
Highlight Tone+0 (Normal)
Shadow Tone+0 (Normal)
Color0 (normal)
Noise ReductionNormal
Sharpness0 (normal)
Lens Modulation OptimizerOn
Color SpacesRGB
Shooting Information
Shutter Speed1/100
Aperture14
ISO800
Exposure Compensation0
Focal Length27
(35mm format)41
Picture ModeAperture-priority AE
PhotometryMultiSegment
Exposure ModeAuto

Is anyone using or had the 50mm f2 and how is it please ? I have the 18 f2 and TTA 27 f2.8 so was thinking something longer but still small would be a good addition to my travel bag

ARRRRGGGGGGGGGGG....

Solved it!

Fuji RAWS only have a Medium Jpeg embedded, so Photo Mechanic will only see the lower resolution.

XXX that is annoying!
This got me wondering as I use Photo Mechanic too. I see what you mean. However, opening the same RAW file in Affinity, then it is full size - 7752 x 5184 so it's just in PM that it is compressed....

Is anyone using or had the 50mm f2 and how is it please ? I have the 18 f2 and TTA 27 f2.8 so was thinking something longer but still small would be a good addition to my travel bag

How are you getting on with the 27mm? I hadn't noticed the vignetting on mine until you posted about it, but I don't often shoot with it wide open so it's not too much of an issue for me.

I’ve only used it once as I’ve not had the opportunity tbh. I might be working at Athens at the end of Feb so that would be a good chance to see how it performs

This got me wondering as I use Photo Mechanic too. I see what you mean. However, opening the same RAW file in Affinity, then it is full size - 7752 x 5184 so it's just in PM that it is compressed....

Photo Mechanic uses the Jpeg preview, not the RAW data - which is why the file is Medium sized in PM.

Affinity uses the RAW data, hence it is full sized.

I’ve only used it once as I’ve not had the opportunity tbh. I might be working at Athens at the end of Feb so that would be a good chance to see how it performs

I haven't actually used mine much since I got it. I'm taking it into London tomorrow to have a look at Sculpture in the City. Will report back!

People, went out for a moonset sunrise this morning with the Sony & took the X100f for a walkabout afterwards once the sun was up.

Questions..... :ROFLMAO:

Can I turn AE lock OFF on the half press shutter button? - I did search, couldn't really find an answer.

And is the 'review' image in the OVF supposed to be so contrasty & dark? Shooting with the LCD for compose/review is spot on.

I'm sure there will be more questions later on!!

(y)

I have it. I also have the 23mm f2 and the 35mm f2.

The 50mm f2 is the one I use the least out of the 3, but I think it's just due to what I usually shoot most of the times (it's a bit too tight for street for me). But it's very capable, AF is fast and it's very sharp. It's also tiny so easy to carry around everywhere. If you like that focal length, you won't be disappointed by the quality.

Can I turn AE lock OFF on the half press shutter button? - I did search, couldn't really find an answer.

And is the 'review' image in the OVF supposed to be so contrasty & dark? Shooting with the LCD for compose/review is spot on.

1. On my XE3, which I "think" is much the same,
MENU
SETUP (SPANNER ICON)
BUTTON / DIAL SETTING
SHUTTER AE
TURN THEM OFF

2. No. Not sure what's going on there.

I have it. I also have the 23mm f2 and the 35mm f2.

The 50mm f2 is the one I use the least out of the 3, but I think it's just due to what I usually shoot most of the times (it's a bit too tight for street for me). But it's very capable, AF is fast and it's very sharp. It's also tiny so easy to carry around everywhere. If you like that focal length, you won't be disappointed by the quality.
Exactly my thoughts regarding the 50mm f2. I don’t use it much but its a small, light, sharp & fast lens.

People, went out for a moonset sunrise this morning with the Sony & took the X100f for a walkabout afterwards once the sun was up.

Questions..... :ROFLMAO:

I'm sure there will be more questions later on!!

(y)

1. Your only options in Button/Dial Setting

If [AE&AF ON WHEN PRESSING] is selected, exposure and/or focus will lock while the [AEL/AFL] button is pressed. If [AE&AF ON/OFF SWITCH] is selected, exposure and/or focus will lock when the [AEL/AFL] button is pressed and remain locked until the button is pressed again.

2. As above not sure what is going on there - There are some options for Brightness/Colour in Spanner > Screen Setting

Back