The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I couldn’t quite work him out. At first I thought he was a drunk as he was lying on the bench but his mate came, he sat up, got out his mobile, had a coherent conversation ( if you speak Greek ), went to get food, came back and ate

Mistaken post.

I was working in Wales last week and I had a proper dark sky in Caernarfon, so I thought I'd try a stars shot. Didn't really get anything decent (no interesting foreground, for a start), but in the only semi-decent shot I managed there was a weird lens flare effect. Had a look at my gear later, it's definitely not anything on the sensor or the lens...

X-T4 & Viltrox 13mm F1.4.
DSCF8771.jpeg

What's the value king Fuji body at the moment? I had a X-T20 for a while but sold it last year after getting a Ricoh and looking to get back into shooting again with varied lenses as kept hold of the original 27 2.8 and will grab a 18-55 and 23 or 35 prime this time around.

What's the value king Fuji body at the moment? I had a X-T20 for a while but sold it last year after getting a Ricoh and looking to get back into shooting again with varied lenses as kept hold of the original 27 2.8 and will grab a 18-55 and 23 or 35 prime this time around.

IMO X-T2 - private sale around £350- Dealers £400+

If you want faster AF then X-T3, or if you want IBIS X-S10 - both around £600 mark

If you aren't bothered about IBIS then there is always the X-T30 which will be very similar in feel and layout to your old X-T20. Good AF, eye tracking and used around the £500-550 mark.

Hi all, I have a Fujifilm X-E1. Are there any accessories that allow me to take pictures remotely? I am looking to take some selfies and group selfies with the camera but want to be able to set the camera up on a tripod and take multiple pics with some sort of remote/radio/wireless shutter release button. That way avoiding running back and forth to the camera for every picture.

Hi all, I have a Fujifilm X-E1. Are there any accessories that allow me to take pictures remotely? I am looking to take some selfies and group selfies with the camera but want to be able to set the camera up on a tripod and take multiple pics with some sort of remote/radio/wireless shutter release button. That way avoiding running back and forth to the camera for every picture.
I've used one of these on T2 H1 and now T5. Supposedly works with your X-E1

One from a little walkabout in Norwich city center. Lots of oldy worldy stuff, but I prefer this kinda thing ;)

T5 16-55 (with a nice new lens hood, as I was getting irked with the original keep sticking).

Curves and Glass by Paulie-W, on Flickr
My 16-55 hood is so loose I have to keep it on with a bit of Gaff Tape. :(

My 16-55 hood is so loose I have to keep it on with a bit of Gaff Tape. :(
Wierd eh... As soon as mine would get cold, it would stick like a bugger and I had to wait until I got home to free it up. Got a Haoge one in the end. Not cheap, but fits well, is metal, square and stays in place (y)

I can confirm this, my wife ordered one from e-infinity in Hong Kong and she has had to put in a refund claim via PayPal as they lied about stock and kept her money without any explanation!

Having been given a possible 3-6 months left to live a few years ago, I can say that 3 months can be a lifetime... ;)

Wierd eh... As soon as mine would get cold, it would stick like a bugger and I had to wait until I got home to free it up. Got a Haoge one in the end. Not cheap, but fits well, is metal, square and stays in place (y)
Mine is similar. I will see if @Topsy version fits looser on my lens and see if my one fits better on his. The tolerances must be very small.

A first day out with the infrared kit - a trip to my favourite place. The walk I was planning was cut short by a slip and fall on wet rocks, never mind - one for another day.

The weather was calm when I got to Capel Curig so i couldn't resist taking that shot as the first with the new toy.

Yr Wyddfa by Jason, on Flickr

Mine is similar. I will see if @Topsy version fits looser on my lens and see if my one fits better on his. The tolerances must be very small.
They must be very slight. But a quick search for tight 16-55 lens hood reveals quite a few complaints. It surprised me.

It's no secret that mirrorless batteries don't last anywhere near as long as their DSLR counterparts, I got caught out today in London and had to sit in Pret for with my X-T20 plugged into a USB socket for half an hour...

I'm thinking about picking up a couple of aftermarket batteries off ebay as the genuine Fuji batteries are extortionate, is there any issues with using third party batteries?

Or maybe, thinking out loud here, a cheap power bank that I can have in the bottom of my bag to plug the camera into when not in use if the battery is getting low...

It's no secret that mirrorless batteries don't last anywhere near as long as their DSLR counterparts, I got caught out today in London and had to sit in Pret for with my X-T20 plugged into a USB socket for half an hour...

I'm thinking about picking up a couple of aftermarket batteries off ebay as the genuine Fuji batteries are extortionate, is there any issues with using third party batteries?

Or maybe, thinking out loud here, a cheap power bank that I can have in the bottom of my bag to plug the camera into when not in use if the battery is getting low...

I do both. I got some third party batteries for my X-T3, and for my trip to Japan I picked up a power bank so I could charge on the go. I actually used a USB dual charger to charge the 2 batteries that aren't in use while they were in the bag, but also powered the camera with it on a few occasions.

I use a little Energizer powerbank I picked up from Argos. Ran my Xt5 nicely the other day when I forgot to top the battery up before leaving home. Tiny little thing but seems to hold a charge forever. I think it was around 20 quid.

Oh, no wonder I can never get a seat in there! :D;)

Fuji batteries are cheaper on Amazon. I asked for the price of an NP W126S in the Fujifilm House of Photography in London and was quoted £72. I looked on Amazon and found this one for £45.

I bought this 20W Mophie Powerstation Mini from the Apple Store. It's a little heavier than some and has USB-C outputs, but charges faster than anything else I've tried.

I used to have a third-party battery for my X-T2, the performance was similar to the official battery for the first couple of years, but then it dropped off a cliff and didn't last very long at all. I have since replaced it with another official battery.

Powerbanks are a good idea, Fuji even have a couple of approved models (https://fujifilm-x.com/en-gb/support/compatibility/cameras/x-t20/), but you will be fine with anything that meets the PD (Power Delivery) standard.

Personally, I would be wary of mixing third-party batteries and anything that charges the battery whilst it is inside the camera, as there is a possibility that the battery will expand and get stuck inside the camera.

Back