The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Even I can carry the T5 & 100-400 around for a while. Took it out birding this week but didn't really see much to shoot. I've done a bit of motorsport with the 100-400, that was on the T2/T3 and it's not great when there's a lot of cloud cover, but great with a decent amount of light. I did shoot a track day with the 50-140 & 1.4 TC, that was surprisingly good, and was f4 wide open.

Other than for a couple of weeks, where it got left at my inlaws house, I have managed to keep the little hotshoe cover on my X-T2 for five and half years. This morning, I noticed it was gone. I expect when I was on a very muddy walk in my local woods earlier in the week. :headbang:

Whoops just bought an X-E1 from WEX. Should be able to pick it up from their White Chapel branch when I am in London working next week
Really liking feel of the X-E1, although not had a chance to give it a full outside test yet. I have popped the Fuji 27/2.8 onto it and can probably see this lens being on it most of the time. Think it will be perfect for city break holidays, which I have a few planned for this year

Can see it getting more use than the X-T4, I will probably leave the 16-80 on the X-T4

Other than for a couple of weeks, where it got left at my inlaws house, I have managed to keep the little hotshoe cover on my X-T2 for five and half years. This morning, I noticed it was gone. I expect when I was on a very muddy walk in my local woods earlier in the week. :headbang:
Can't your Lego you, lend you his ;)

But seriously, it sucks when bits get lost. I dare say that they're cheap enough to get a new one.

Can't your Lego you, lend you his ;)

But seriously, it sucks when bits get lost. I dare say that they're cheap enough to get a new one.
I found that you can get 3D printer files for some of these small parts.

I bought replacements on Ebay last year (my X-T30 didn't come with one).

Last edited:
Good morning. Just;listed this in the wanted section.

Looking for a Samyang 8mm for a Fuji, thank you

Just given into GAS and joined the queue for a X100VI with Clifton Cameras. At least it only cost a fiver to join.
Maybe I’ll get it for some autumn walk shots

Jake

If anyone is interested at prices at the Show.

CrIILV5.jpg

I have been looking at prices for used Fuji bodies and was surprised to see that X-T2 and X-T20 prices were surprisingly similar, given that there was a decent gap when they were new.

That's a 10-2000mm f/1.4 in the background! Only weighs 25g and is a very reasonable £19.99. Available in 13 days but only before noon...

I have a question regarding the C1, C2, C3 settings etc.

I have the XS10, I have created and saved the Reggie Porta to C1. So when I turn the dial to C1 the screen says I am using C1.

However, I can still turn the knob at the top where I can change the film sim and go through all the default sims that it comes with...which affect the sim...so how do I actually use the setting in C1?

I have a question regarding the C1, C2, C3 settings etc.

I have the XS10, I have created and saved the Reggie Porta to C1. So when I turn the dial to C1 the screen says I am using C1.

However, I can still turn the knob at the top where I can change the film sim and go through all the default sims that it comes with...which affect the sim...so how do I actually use the setting in C1?
I don't have this camera, so I'm guessing - but when I save a preset on my X-T20; I can change the settings within it. But if I want to go back to that preset I just reload it so to speak. The settings I'm currently on are marked 'Base' and recalling the preset just changes the settings in 'Base'; as far as I can tell. Is it not the same for the C1, C2 etc?

What I'm getting at is, loading a preset doesn't lock you into its settings, it just loads them up and you can adjust from there.

I have been looking at prices for used Fuji bodies and was surprised to see that X-T2 and X-T20 prices were surprisingly similar, given that there was a decent gap when they were new.

What sort of prices have you been seeing?
On the hunt for something similar later this year.

I don't have this camera, so I'm guessing - but when I save a preset on my X-T20; I can change the settings within it. But if I want to go back to that preset I just reload it so to speak. The settings I'm currently on are marked 'Base' and recalling the preset just changes the settings in 'Base'; as far as I can tell. Is it not the same for the C1, C2 etc?

What I'm getting at is, loading a preset doesn't lock you into its settings, it just loads them up and you can adjust from there.

Let's say I am in Aperture Priority, I set to Monochrome (so it is obvious).

I turn to C1, it goes to colour....thinking great, I am in my Reggie Porta. So I turn the film sim dial (while still in C1) to Sepia. So now C1 is Sepia.

I go to Aperture Priority, it is in Monochrome

I go back C1, it is in Sepia.

C1 basically remembers my last setting, as opposed to remembering the film sim I saved in settings?

If I ever find an X-E4 that isn't priced more than my liver would get on the black market, my X-T20 will be up for grabs

There is one on LCE for £850. Which is basically RRP isn't it?

Wait, that one has gone, only this left.

Last edited:
Let's say I am in Aperture Priority, I set to Monochrome (so it is obvious).

I turn to C1, it goes to colour....thinking great, I am in my Reggie Porta. So I turn the film sim dial (while still in C1) to Sepia. So now C1 is Sepia.

I go to Aperture Priority, it is in Monochrome

I go back C1, it is in Sepia.

C1 basically remembers my last setting, as opposed to remembering the film sim I saved in settings?
Based on the manual, sounds like you have 'Auto Update Setting' enabled

Bizarre. Maybe save the custom setting again, confirm auto update is off and power cycle the camera? Otherwise I'd say its not doing what its supposed to

Looks like the recipe is there in the setting under C1, but it applies to ALL The film sims that the dial is set to. So the Reggie Portra will do it's thing on Provia, Velvia etc. Which means I have to remember to turn it to Classic Chrome too when using it.

I would much prefer the camera turn it to Classic Chrome too when in C1....unless I am doing it wrong.

Looks like the recipe is there in the setting under C1, but it applies to ALL The film sims that the dial is set to. So the Reggie Portra will do it's thing on Provia, Velvia etc. Which means I have to remember to turn it to Classic Chrome too when using it.

I would much prefer the camera turn it to Classic Chrome too when in C1....unless I am doing it wrong.
Does sound odd. I assume the film sims are set to one of the custom dials on the camera? Maybe they override any custom settings, across all settings pages on the camera?

Does sound odd. I assume the film sims are set to one of the custom dials on the camera? Maybe they override any custom settings, across all settings pages on the camera?

Yeah, on the XS10, the left dial came assigned to film sim selection. So you just turn and pick a factory sim. Very useful, but in there, there isn't a space for custom recipe. Instead, the custom is set to C1 in the menu. I would be good if there is a empty slot in the dial itself for custom recipes.

Yeah, on the XS10, the left dial came assigned to film sim selection. So you just turn and pick a factory sim. Very useful, but in there, there isn't a space for custom recipe. Instead, the custom is set to C1 in the menu. I would be good if there is a empty slot in the dial itself for custom recipes.
I think you can you assign custom recipe selection to an fn button if there is one that you don't need currently

Back