The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Yeah, on the XS10, the left dial came assigned to film sim selection. So you just turn and pick a factory sim. Very useful, but in there, there isn't a space for custom recipe. Instead, the custom is set to C1 in the menu. I would be good if there is a empty slot in the dial itself for custom recipes.

Can't you assign custom function to the SPAM dial ?

I think you can you assign custom recipe selection to an fn button if there is one that you don't need currently

Noooope.

The only fn button left are ISO and Q and I like them to stay as they are, Q for quick mention is useful.

On the back there is Menu/ok and Display/Back and the joystick.

Noooope.

The only fn button left are ISO and Q and I like them to stay as they are, Q for quick mention is useful.

On the back there is Menu/ok and Display/Back and the joystick.
I thought I read that the button to the right of the eyecup, normally WB could be set to it. Maybe I am wrong

I thought I read that the button to the right of the eyecup, normally WB could be set to it. Maybe I am wrong

Oh, I forgot about that button! Currently for Face detect on/off.

Can't see it to change it to recipes as an option though.

Last edited:
I shouldn’t laugh. That’s actually a good shout.

No its worth a :ROFLMAO: but for a big birthday it was worth a shout - the main issuie though is @bloater - he needs not to get buyers remorse (over any purchase) and get out there and use it - both of which so far have eluded previous camera purchases. @bloater think long and hard before buying anything (please)

The easiest way is to be able to save it as an extra slot in the Sim screen. That would be the most logical place to put it.
I was trying to add them to the down arrow on my x-e1 the other day and for the life of me could not work out why it was not working.

Turns out I had been playing with recipe bracketing and whilst that was still active, you could not assign the recipe page to any buttons.

I was trying to add them to the down arrow on my x-e1 the other day and for the life of me could not work out why it was not working.

Turns out I had been playing with recipe bracketing and whilst that was still active, you could not assign the recipe page to any buttons.

I don't even know what recipe bracketing is.

Cough - Leica Q series - cough

I shouldn’t laugh. That’s actually a good shout.

No its worth a :ROFLMAO: but for a big birthday it was worth a shout - the main issuie though is @bloater - he needs not to get buyers remorse (over any purchase) and get out there and use it - both of which so far have eluded previous camera purchases. @bloater think long and hard before buying anything (please)

X-T5 and 23mm WR is far better and as the 100's aren't really pocketable that would be my choice

Scarily accurate Mr Percpetive.

What is this Leica Q that you speak of?

I’ve used the OVF almost exclusively on my previous Vs and Fs - never found an EVF very appealing. So the X100 series makes sense for me.

Scarily accurate Mr Percpetive.

What is this Leica Q that you speak of?

I’ve used the OVF almost exclusively on my previous Vs and Fs - never found an EVF very appealing. So the X100 series makes sense for me.

Get the wallet out :p

Last edited:
Spotted this tree in Kawaguchiko, Japan.

Kawaguchiko and it's north shore are popular photo spots, so I'm surprised I've never seen this before. It's only about 5-10minutes walk further than the usual spots.

Given how well kept all trees are in Japan, I can't help but feel that the shape isn't a coincidence - There has likely been some deliberate pruning over the years...

Kawaguchiko by Jamie Moulton, on Flickr

Spotted this tree in Kawaguchiko, Japan.

Kawaguchiko and it's north shore are popular photo spots, so I'm surprised I've never seen this before. It's only about 5-10minutes walk further than the usual spots.

Given how well kept all trees are in Japan, I can't help but feel that the shape isn't a coincidence - There has likely been some deliberate pruning over the years...

Kawaguchiko by Jamie Moulton, on Flickr

Is it here...

8W8yFFE.png

Big birthday in a few days, so thought I’d treat myself to a new camera.….

Can’t buy one for love nor money (X100VI) :rolleyes: and I’m not keen on joining a pre-order queue :confused:
Every good boy deserves nice presents!

Got up to Loch Fyne at the weekend and brought the X100VI on its first proper test. I'm very impressed with it - I always have had a soft spot for the X100 variants! Only issues so far is that it doesn't seem to be registering the wide converter. I've an original gen with magnets stuck on - this worked for the X100F and V, so not sure what's happening. Will dig around in the menus in case there's a non-auto setting I missed! Last photo was from Loch Eck on the way back to the Dunoon ferry.

20240321174341_dscf0099.jpg

20240321174522_dscf0154.jpg

Last edited:
Updated March 21st

When Fujifilm announced its new X100VI rangefinder-style camera at a press event in Japan last month, it teased a special version of the camera: the X100VI Limited Edition. Following an announcement on its Instagram channel today, we now know that sales of the Limited Edition model in the US will be limited to just 300 cameras.

Fujifilm UK has revised its plan for distributing its 110 units is now asking prospective buyers to register for the Fujifilm X mailing list. A link to join a ballot will be sent out on March 25th, making it easier for photographers outside London to apply.

According to Fujifilm, 100 cameras will be sold daily in the US from March 21st to March 23rd on a first-come, first-served basis, and you'll need to buy them directly from Fujifilm's online store, so if you want one, you'll need to move quickly (and maybe have a bit of luck to boot).

Here's a rundown of where to order the X100VI Limited Edition in different countries:

Have information on where to order the X100VI in other markets? Let us know in the comments, or send us a message, and we'll add it to the list.
Fuji x100Vi availability.

Fuji x100Vi availability.
That is just the special limited edition version though. I like that Hong Kong are only accepting registrations to their ballot from email addresses that have previously been used to register a Fuji camera.

i was curious about that too when I got my x-t20 but bought the Viltrox version instead as you can pick it up for £150-ish. In my experience, the Viltrox was very sharp but does have quite a bit of CA wide open… can be “fixed” in post usually

Sold it this week as I have the 18mm f2, 27mm f2.8 and 33mm f1.4 so the 23 just wasn’t getting used

Back