The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Does it?

Edit - I figure it out!

The little screen only shows up under 2 conditions

1 - in Manual
2 - In AF-S + single focus point.

If in AF-S and Wide or Zone, the little screen won't come up.
Ahhhh ....I've always had mine on single point so it's always been there . Everydays a school day

Sport, predominantly rugby and equestrian. The keeper rate is absolutely unacceptable for paid work.

I've reverted to a 1Dx and will be buying into the R system.
Had the same thing. Love the system but couldn't hack it reliably and consistently with low light gig work (Using 2x X-H1)...now gone back to a pair of Nikon D5s and all the 2.8 zooms.

Couldn't get rid of the X100f though!

Now then Fuji gurus. I'm edging towards the potential purchase of an XS20, but coming from an XT3 I am concerned about the lower resolution of the viewfinder. I suppose it seems a bit counter intuitive. However it depends how those of you that own the XS20 find it in practice. Do you notice the difference?

Sorry for another question…

How do you get the front command dial to do something?

There seems to be 3 options, but when I turn it, it does nothing…I guess they only do something under certain conditions.

I managed to get the rear dial to do what I want to do. Which is for exposure compensation, and press down to bring up custom settings. But front dial…still can’t figure it out how to get it to do stuff. Although the options for it is limited to ISO, aperture and SS. Can’t see how the press down wheel to be assigned to something like the rear wheel.

Edit - figured this out too…set it to adjust ISO with on/off by pressing it down. But after a day playing with it I decided to turn it off completely.

Last edited:
i just realised I have 5 Fuji cameras…how did this happen? Lol
My missus only found out about my 2nd one the other evening lol

I am trying to decide if i should sell the xt4 and save up for a 100vi and use the xe1 with other lenses if required.

I only took the xe1 / 27mm with me for The Cotswolds weekend away. I think the 100vi would really suit what I like to photograph

My missus only found out about my 2nd one the other evening lol

I am trying to decide if i should sell the xt4 and save up for a 100vi and use the xe1 with other lenses if required.

I only took the xe1 / 27mm with me for The Cotswolds weekend away. I think the 100vi would really suit what I like to photograph

I told my gf I bought another camera and she said “Why so many cameras?” I just said “girlfriend too pretty”.

It totally threw her off her trajectory :runaway:lol

I can’t bring myself to sell the older first gen Fuji, as they have hit rock bottom and not worth much. Not to add the fact that I paid about £300 for each of the XT1/Xpro1 so the money tied up in them was never a lot in the first place.

The XS10 however…I will probably swap that to something else eventually like another XT series because the inability to center the focus point with the joy stick is driving me nuts.

Is this the best 23mm lens?

Fujifilm Fujinon XF23mm F1.4 R Lens​

I've always loved the original 23mm f1.4 lens and had great results with it even on new bodies like the XH2 - I know the "new" 23 f1.4 WR is sharper, quicker to focus, etc but I've always preferred the original

Now then Fuji gurus. I'm edging towards the potential purchase of an XS20, but coming from an XT3 I am concerned about the lower resolution of the viewfinder. I suppose it seems a bit counter intuitive. However it depends how those of you that own the XS20 find it in practice. Do you notice the difference?
I’ve had an X-T20, X-T30, X-T1 and X-T4 (as well as a couple of Panasonics) over the last few years, and although the size varies a little bit, I’ve never really noticed the differences in the resolutions.

First pics out of x100vi

SOOC jpegs :eek: with Tiffen Black Promist 1/8.

jZuXAUl.jpg
6RQLX2e.jpg
i1GcjB9.jpg

FveArIj.jpg

Last edited:
If you are in the UK, you could borrow one from Fuji to see how you get on with it.

So i've slept on it a couple of nights now, here are my initial thoughts.

1 - AF is sticky. Instead of moving focus point to where I normally want it to compose an image. Which is slow as it is done with the stick, I can set focus to entire frame, yet it has a green square that I can move around. What this does is I can, without looking, center the focus point, point to subject, half press (or back button), then recompose. Except the focus point still stick to subject. So that's neat.

2 - For such a short camera, I don't find my pinky dangling, unlike the A73 or X-S10.

3 - Weird there is a limitation to what I can assign to certain buttons. Like the Top button by the Shutter I can assign to a lot of things, but not the front command dial.

4 - They removed a dedicated REC button for video meaning this is a multi hand/step process and need to go into Drive to change it. Or waste a custom button to do it. Generally, I feel like I could do with 1 extra custom button.

So i've slept on it a couple of nights now, here are my initial thoughts.

1 - AF is sticky. Instead of moving focus point to where I normally want it to compose an image. Which is slow as it is done with the stick, I can set focus to entire frame, yet it has a green square that I can move around. What this does is I can, without looking, center the focus point, point to subject, half press (or back button), then recompose. Except the focus point still stick to subject. So that's neat.

2 - For such a short camera, I don't find my pinky dangling, unlike the A73 or X-S10.

3 - Weird there is a limitation to what I can assign to certain buttons. Like the Top button by the Shutter I can assign to a lot of things, but not the front command dial.

4 - They removed a dedicated REC button for video meaning this is a multi hand/step process and need to go into Drive to change it. Or waste a custom button to do it. Generally, I feel like I could do with 1 extra custom button.

Don't forget there is a function button inside the OVF/EVF lever

Don't forget there is a function button inside the OVF/EVF lever

Yes, I’ve already assigned that to select the option to go between zoom, film sim etc. That way the wheel becomes multi purpose and I can switch film sim without going into menus. I’ve assigned the button by the shutter to bring up my custom settings for my custom recipes. That leaves only the rear dial button as the last custom button. I’ve currently have that assigned to Flicker so I can turn it on when I’m shooting at night.

I would like one more, and let me program the front command dial to more things than it is restricted to currently.

I would like a button dedicated to be able to switch Face/Eye AF on/off quickly, or toggle between Face/Eye/Animal AF on/off. And a second button to have it assigned to REC for video, ideally I would put this on the front dial as it be less frequent.

Last edited:
Yes, I’ve already assigned that to select the option to go between zoom, film sim etc. That way the wheel becomes multi purpose and I can switch film sim without going into menus. I’ve assigned the button by the shutter to bring up my custom settings for my custom recipes. That leaves only the rear dial button as the last custom button. I’ve currently have that assigned to Flicker so I can turn it on when I’m shooting at night.

I would like one more, and let me program the front command dial to more things than it is restricted to currently.

I would like a button dedicated to be able to switch Face/Eye AF on/off quickly, or toggle between Face/Eye/Animal AF on/off. And a second button to have it assigned to REC for video, ideally I would put this on the front dial as it be less frequent.

Have you assigned swipes to the rear screen?

I thought about a pre-order, but never did bother, so only placed my order with Wex about 3 weeks ago (can't remember).. I do hope it arrives before the summer! lol

Also, sign up to notification alert in John Lewis, they don't take pre-order but when it drops, it is fastest fingers first!

I did that, and by the time I checked, they were gone..
The alerts in John Lewis are quite often hours or longer after the stock actually updates so if you really keen might be worth saving as a favourite in your browser and checking on regular intervals.

Have you signed up for the lottery at house of Fuji for the limited edition one?

Back