The fastest animal on the planet...EVER!

Perhaps the title of the BIRDS section should require the poster to select "Wild" or "Captive" or "In my Garden" or one of several other options so that the posting of images gets longer and longer an experience and then perhaps people should not bother posting pictures at all.

It is this mentality that causes ructions in many a camera group - I have witnessed arguments that a picture of a wild swallow can't be put in a natural history section of a competition if it is on a telephone wire. Why? Because it shows a man made interference. But where do YOU see WILD swallows all the time? Indeed! I couldn't enter a sparrowhawk picture I got because it's on my fence - man made structure you see? Where do MOST people see WILD sparrowhawks? Yes, you're right...in their gardens chasing the sparrows!

Sheesh...you know...I posted a picture of a bird in a section headed "BIRDS". I didn't post it in the section labelled "WILD AD FREE" because...well, you can guess can't you?

I said to myself that I wouldn't get wound up by you all, but you know what...this is all so petty.

If a moderator could now close this thread, I will post my BIRD shots in a different place to the one headed BIRDS. OK?

It would have caused a lot less hassle if you had have said captive bird in the title, simply because I would not have looked at it............:D

I adore peregrines and spend too much of my life watching them, in the wild.

Contrary to Martins beliefs, I am only making a point and asking questions.

It would have caused a lot less hassle if you had have said captive bird in the title, simply because I would not have looked at it............:D

Feel free not to look at ANY of my posts. I don't feel the need to put in special requirements just for you. So, in the future, whenever you see a post of mine in the BIRD section, chances are, unless it's the odd sparrow, it'll be a captive bird - a NON-bird. There...you can make a point of not looking now.

You know, I am just an amateur photographer who takes the odd snap from time to time, and occasionally I like to find out what people think of the photo I took. No hassle there, is there? No. I didn't cause any hassle...

Last edited:

Well, as I said...I spend more of my life with my wife and kids, or working to make a simple living, and so do not have the privilege of spending too much of my life on my hight horse watching the birds...

Like I said...I'm done now with this thread...feel free to continue if you like but I am gone. Bye.

fracster said:

Contrary to Martins beliefs, I am only making a point and asking questions.

I'd like to take apologise to Fracster for my behaviour today. I've behaved like a total pillock and been a huge PITA. I've got some major carp going on at the moment which I shouldn't have brought to the forum. No sarcasm here, just a sincere apology.

Last edited:
I'd like to take apologise to Fracster for my behaviour today. I've behaved like a total pillock and been a huge PITA. I've got some major carp going on at the moment which I shouldn't have brought to the forum. No sarcasm here, just a sincere apology.

No need Martin, we are adults and will disagree at times. Nothing i said was meant to be vitriolic and i`m sure you were the same.

Time to move on bud.................(y)

Brilliant Photo!

Feel free not to look at ANY of my posts. I don't feel the need to put in special requirements just for you. So, in the future, whenever you see a post of mine in the BIRD section, chances are, unless it's the odd sparrow, it'll be a captive bird - a NON-bird. There...you can make a point of not looking now.

You know, I am just an amateur photographer who takes the odd snap from time to time, and occasionally I like to find out what people think of the photo I took. No hassle there, is there? No. I didn't cause any hassle...
:clap: Well said.

Back