Wild The First Drop of Rain…

Kodiak Qc

Suspended / Banned
Name
French Canadian living in Europe since 1989!
Edit My Images
Yes

Not really…the first drop went on his face.
The second, then!

D6823%201Dpppp.jpg

Last edited:
Love it Daniel,it almost seems like the swan is looking at the water droplet very cool mate brilliant timing or fortuitous it matters not,that shutter was pressed at THE right time:D I adore dark BKG's Dan so this really works for me

Maybe if possible brighten the face slightly but other wise, great shot cheers for sharing ,

inspiring stuff mate

Stu

Maybe if possible brighten the face slightly but other wise, great shot cheers for sharing ,

Thanks Stu! Yes, luck is also part of the game.

I did three adjustment layers: one for the black face,
one for the eye, and one for the neck and head…
that I deleted ultimately because it didn't look natural.

Lovely shot Daniel, but I lost sight of the drop of water in the general gloom at first. Also I feel the crop as well as the light-tonality is centred more on the wings, rather than towards the eye-line direction of the swan's look. I've edited it to show you what I mean. (Note: This is just a quick edit, not very subtle, to show you my meaning rather than to say this is how it should look or be!)

Swan 1.jpg

(Note: This is just a quick edit, not very subtle, to show you my meaning rather than to say this is how it should look or be!)

You will never have to explain your motivations to me
as I understand you perfectly… just do it! :cool:

I agree that the OP (now edited) was too tamed tonally.
Though I appreciate your thoughts, when it comes to
cropping, my publishing clients prefer a layout approach.

Centrefold example…

SWAN%20LAYOUT%20Id.jpg

Last edited:
Ah, no idea you had a layout planned but that looks better, nice spread too. Good work!

Back