The Football Thread - Season 2011/2012 - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Won't be on Channel 5 ;) I doubt my team will finish 4th so I want us to go all guns blazing in the Uefa and win it. Another trophy.

Joe, you are displaying the sort of attitude that Manchester United fans have supposedly displayed over the last 20 years, earning them an arrogant title.
I'm certain that the majority of United fans welcome any silverware, possibly the majority of real Liverpool fans too :D

Joe, you are displaying the sort of attitude that Manchester United fans have supposedly displayed over the last 20 years, earning them an arrogant title.
I'm certain that the majority of United fans welcome any silverware, possibly the majority of real Liverpool fans too :D

Your entitled to your own opinion, to me the league cup is the least prestigious and I find it pointless. We already have the FA cup, why do we need another cup, hell lets create a cup for only teams above Watford? Why not' and then a cup for teams that have more than 2 vowels in their name.

It's a nice to have and I enjoyed watching the game, but I don't kid myself. What I do hope is that this provides a step in the right direction for the club to get back to winning ways. I'm more pleased with the performance the team showed than the win really, it showed good character and they didn't underestimate Cardiff and assume it was in the bag.

Chelsea win
Newcastle win
QPR win
West Brom Draw
Wigan win
Man City obviously
Arsenal draw
Norwich lose
Stoke draw

Looks like predictably I beat you again. 3-1 to me, this week we were playing for Elsie Mo from the castle rock brewery. I had a bottle last night in advance as I knew I would beat you :D

Ha, just seen the rest of the interviews after the match, loved andy burton getting owned by Jamie carragher live.

I'm more pleased with the performance the team showed than the win really, it showed good character and they didn't underestimate Cardiff and assume it was in the bag.

I was hoping for the white suits :LOL:

Your entitled to your own opinion, to me the league cup is the least prestigious and I find it pointless.

Comments like this make it clear you don't want to win it, otherwise you would not call the comp pointless.

Anyhow your the type of person who will argue and argue just for the sake of it.

Comments like this make it clear you don't want to win it, otherwise you would not call the comp pointless.

Scan back through my posts in this and the thre football thread. You'll see that I've said it would be nice to win, but that it's not a big deal to me. If I didn't want to win then I would in turn want the team to lose, that's not the case, I just am not as thrilled as you are about winning a pointless competition.

Anyhow your the type of person who will argue and argue just for the sake of it.

And yet you are the one going round in circles telling me what I think :cautious:

I think I know how I feel about the team more than you know how I feel, since it is my brain we are talking about. :LOL:

So to clarify, I am glad they won, but for different reasons than lifting the carling cup. Now please don't tell me what I think, you can't see inside my brain. ( and if you could, you'd be scared of what you saw :D)

Am out of the country but thought I'd update the TP prediction league table, such as it is:

TPLeague4.JPG

Newcastle destroying the top 6 for all of us, the bottom 6 is far more messy however and whilst the order of the bottom 5 might chance, I'm not sure anyone else will be dragged in now - let's see!

Last edited:
Scott parker chose as England captain. Fine by me.

I think it's pretty obvious that Scott Parker would have been harry's choice so no doubt Pierce has chatted to Harry, found that out and chosen him in advance so that you don't get one captain for this game and a different one for the next

Brilliant decision. He's got several great qualities. One of which is - he's not Gerrard.

I'd like Pearce to stay as manager until after the Euros. Then, as long as he doesn't make a horlicks of it, be retained as England manager.

2blue4u said:
Brilliant decision. He's got several great qualities. One of which is - he's not Gerrard.

I'd like Pearce to stay as manager until after the Euros. Then, as long as he doesn't make a horlicks of it, be retained as England manager.

Agree that I would like to see him in charge for the summer. If we do ok then keep him.

Anyone dare to predict a score for tonight?! :thinking:

I think England are going to put on a good show....but I'm going to be cautious and say a 2-1 win!! (y)

Not being an avid follower of foopboll - who are these people with England shirts on?

Do we not have any 'world renowned' players any more?

I'm all for experimentation and giving new blood a chance but :shrug:

That's what I keep telling him:shake:

Don't give up, it's bound to sink in eventually!! (y)

Oh, and one of the reasons for the new blood on the pitch tonight, is that some of the more regular faces are out injured.....Johnson, Rooney and Bent are all at home drinking a Horlicks!!

Ah yes, the usual suspects who are always 'injured' for friendlies but make miraculous recoveries for their clubs the following weekend, although it does appear to happen to players of the same clubs time and time again.

What a joke. Meson sacked from Sheffield weds. 3rd in table? What planet are these chairmen on?

Here we go Joe

Liverpool v Arsenal - Draw
Blackburn v Aston Villa - Blackburn win
Man City v Bolton - City
QPR v Everton - QPR
Stoke v Norwich - Stoke
West Brom v Chelsea - Chelsea
Wigan v Swansea - Wigan
Nwcastle v Sunderland - Newcastle
Fulham v Wolves - Fulham
Tottenham v Man Utd - Man U

Might as well join in....

Liverpool v Arsenal - Arsenal
Blackburn v Aston Villa - Blackburn
Man City v Bolton - City
QPR v Everton - Draw
Stoke v Norwich - Norwich
Wigan v Swansea - Draw
Fulham v Wolves - Fulham
Tottenham v Man Utd - Erm...:thinking:...Spurs

Okey doke*

Liverpool v Arsenal - Liverpool
Blackburn v Aston Villa - Villa
Man City v Bolton - City
QPR v Everton - QPR
Stoke v Norwich - Stoke
Wigan v Swansea - Swansea
Nwcastle v Sunderland - Draw
Fulham v Wolves - Fulham
Tottenham v Man Utd - Draw

*Some or all of this may be wishful thinking
:D

Here we go Joe

Blackburn v Aston Villa - Blackburn win
Man City v Bolton - City
QPR v Everton - QPR
Stoke v Norwich - Stoke
Wigan v Swansea - Wigan
Fulham v Wolves - Fulham
Tottenham v Man Utd - Man U

Ok, what ale we playing for this week?

Blackburn v Aston Villa - Villa win
Man City v Bolton - City
QPR v Everton - Draw
Stoke v Norwich - Draw
Wigan v Swansea - Swansea
Nwcastle v Sunderland - Sunderland
Fulham v Wolves - Fulham
Tottenham v Man Utd - Spurs

Some big games this weekend

Liverpool (big game raisers) I can see winning against Arsenal. Anybody know if RVP is playing ?

Tottenham V Manchester United - Tottenham normally get nothing in this fixture but it's too close to call. Think I'll just go for the draw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back