The Football Thread - Season 2011/2012 - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our refs really are useless and do not know the rules...

Watching MOTD, Tevez booked for diving - should have been a pen!

Then, a real joke, Wolves about to take a corner, ball looked out the quadrant (it was). Ref comes over and checks it and says its ok!!!!!! Either blind or really does not know the rules!

Re ball position for a corner, the ball doesn't have to be inside the triangle, or even in contact with the white line, the edge of the ball just has to overhang the outside edge of the white line which it did so was perfectly within the rules...silly rule though! :wacky:

Re ball position for a corner, the ball doesn't have to be inside the triangle, or even in contact with the white line, the edge of the ball just has to overhang the outside edge of the white line which it did so was perfectly within the rules...silly rule though! :wacky:

This was brought up on TV a few weeks ago in a European game (I think) and typical for sheep like footballers, they're all doing it now without gaining any real advantage :shrug:

Fantastic result :clap:

Fantastic and deserved, squibs will not be looking forward to the final now.

Rudi with another of his make it look so easy goals and Beatie scoring from the spot in injury time.

Its a conspiracy I tell ye, a conspiracy, hope Lemmon heed is greeting like a wain, the frickin muppet that he is and their so called greatest fans in the world:wacky:

Get it right f$&*)ing up yous.

Bring on the hibees!!!!!!!!!!

Has Suarez turned black and now playing for man Utd? It seems like Suarez the way the no. 18 plays?

As I just said on facebook, quel surprise, a penalty for United.

I don't think theyve had any this season have they?

Did anyone else hear Martin Tyler talking about it?

Apparently Young can't have only learned to dive whilst at united, so villa must take some responsibility !!

Last edited:
Well, spurs are having a bit of a breakdown right now, Chelsea seem to have unlocked the shackles

I was ready to lead the lynch mob having heard of a 2nd Ashley Young dive but having seen it I have to say I think it was a penalty. He animated the fall but he was tripped. It was no where near the terrible dive he did last week or the dives we've seen by bale, Carroll and Suarez recently.

I was ready to lead the lynch mob having heard of a 2nd Ashley Young dive but having seen it I have to say I think it was a penalty. He animated the fall but he was tripped. It was no where near the terrible dive he did last week or the dives we've seen by bale, Carroll and Suarez recently.

There was contact, but 99% of that was him dragging his foot ino the defender. Even fergie said it was a soft one! For me not a penalty, if all players did that then we could easily have 10 pens a game.

Baaaaah! :D

Chelsea confirm that they will lodge an appeal to UEFA about the red card they will receive in Wednesday's match against Barcelona.

I also thought the Young penalty was soft one but like so many pens this season - it was one of those that you can justify giving but could just as easily wave it away.

Young's reaction was frankly a joke but there was contact albeit minimal and it's the contact rather than his reaction that the ref has to base his decision on.

Happy to be 5 points ahead again and next up Everton which will be a tougher challenge than Villa.

Just seen Chelsea's goal. Another shout for goal line technology?

Shouldn't even be needed in this instance. How can a referee give a goal when there isn't even a hint that the ball crossed the line?

A photo from the Metro seems to hint that it was alot closer than initially thought.

article-1334570307571-129CC8CC000005DC-789063_628x220.jpg

Personally i think that the ball is over the line on that shot. Of course it all happened so fast that the ref could never had seen that i real time and maybe made the decision on guess work which is not on.

Still a need for goal line tech, which is perfectly possible. BUT i think the hold up on goal line tech is how the match is stopped and restarted to clear up these issues.

Last edited:
Still a need for goal line tech, which is perfectly possible. BUT i think the hold up on goal line tech is how the match is stopped and restarted to clear up these issues.

Should be no need for hold up, should just be an automatic notification to the referee who can then stop the game.

Come on Arsenal - we need you to win!

With Djourou in CB it could be struggle. Think it's something like in 36 games without him we've conceded 22 and in the 13 games with him we've conceded 25. Shocking. I quite rated him last season but he's not had a good game yet this season!

Fair play to Wigan, thought they were excellent.

How come though they beat us, beat Man U, should have beaten Chelsea yet are only just out the bottom 3???? Based on the last month or 2 they should be top half!

Lesson there for Wolves!!! Wigan looked doomed, kept faith and should be safe.

With Djourou in CB it could be struggle. Think it's something like in 36 games without him we've conceded 22 and in the 13 games with him we've conceded 25. Shocking. I quite rated him last season but he's not had a good game yet this season!

I would be better than him - he should not be in the Prem at all.

Can't believe Wigan have gone on this run. But for some iffy refereeing, they'd be clear and away by now. My optimism is waning now, do or die against the spuds on Saturday.

I can't now see us getting anything from Chelsea or City away (though you never know!) so we really need to beat Spurs and Stoke at home. Our best chance is Bolton losing all their games sadly...

Wolves are down, Blackburn seem to be on a bad run but are still not far behind, Wigan have hit form, and fair play to them.

Lesson there for Wolves!!! Wigan looked doomed, kept faith and should be safe.

Absolutely right! The Wolves Chairman \ CEO should sack themselves fro replacing McCarthy with Connor.

fabs said:
*opens moderator manual and looks to see if any ban reasons can be made to fit*

:p

It's ok, i'd quite like you to beat spurs at least :D

Please sir, can I stay now?

Just had a look at the live Championship table and, if Bristol City score against Wigan now, they would confirm relegation of Portsmouth & Coventry along with promotion to the Premiership for Reading (and just a formality for Southampton). That's a lot of power in one club's hands at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back