The Football Thread - Season 2011/2012 - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had schweinsteiger as my skipper. He's served me well so far but played much deeper and had far less creative freedom so there was never a hope of an assist from him! At least I had Klose in there.

interesting scoring that they do for this FF. 1 goal against loses 1 point right off the bat so if you had any german defenders, they score zero due to conceding 2 goals, not like the barclays where they lose 1 goal for every 2 points scored.

Unless of corse you had boateng and lahm who got 3 points for the assist and 5 points respectfully.

The goal from reus - was it a klose assist? He was the last german to touch it before the goal, but do sky sports count that as an assist? Barclays FF do.

EDIT: from the sky fantasy football league rules:

Points for goal assists will be awarded in the opinion of and at the sole discretion of the judges. Assists are generally awarded to the player who provided the last clean pass, parried or rebounded shot.

On that definition he did get the assist.

Last edited:
First game in the tournament iv'e not had Lahm

Switched my captain from Ronaldo last night to Ozil for today.

Changed him today for Hummels this morning though as I fancied Germany for a clean sheet lol. This whole ff has been a comedy of errors for me!

Changing Iniestia to Captain for tomorrow. He'll probably score 2 own goals, miss a penalty and get sent off.

Last edited:
I'm rooting for the French. Tough ask but well within their reach.:)

Last edited:
As for the ol' ff. I can't even get on the site to change anything. Don't know why. So will be sticking with the same group of players I started with. As it stands if I get England and France to final I may do better than some:LOL:

Heard on the way home this afternoon that Alan MacDonald died of a heart attack this morning, only 48 years old. :(

I always remember watching him and Vinnie Jones fronting up to eachother at Loftus Road when Jones was playing for Chelsea. They were only about 3 feet from me and it was Jones who backed down.

A true QPR legend.

Heard on the way home this afternoon that Alan MacDonald died of a heart attack this morning, only 48 years old. :(

I always remember watching him and Vinnie Jones fronting up to eachother at Loftus Road when Jones was playing for Chelsea. They were only about 3 feet from me and it was Jones who backed down.

A true QPR legend.

Never heard of him myself. I imagine he's a bread and butter player. The best kind. 48 is no age to go for anyone. Very sad!:crying:

Dangerous from Spain, they just took off silva, fabregas and iniesta but if France get a goal back it's going to extra time and pens, you'd have thought all 3 of them were down to take a pen.

Unlikely to happen but you never know

Pretty poor showing by France there. Looked lively for a few minutes but never really seemed to want it.

I thought the French had more in them. But obviously that Sweeden game showed the holes. Well done to a very ordinary spain.............

............But hell that was the most boring game of the Tourn. Dire game.

I thought the French had more in them. But obviously that Sweeden game showed the holes. Well done to a very ordinary spain.............

............But hell that was the most boring game of the Tourn. Dire game.

2nd most boring for me, after the Spain Croatia game.

Didn't see that one, Joe. Thank god by the sounds of it.:)

Hope the Mods don't object to this... if so apologies, but am looking for more managers for an online football management game. It started off as a Play By Mail (PBM) over 25 years ago and is now online - I don't run this, just manage a team but there will be some managers leaving and need replacements. Its great value and great fun, a bit like FF in some ways but the best thing is that its all made up. It can look a bit daunting and different but is very addictive and fun. http://www.einnek1.co.uk/ - If interested use the contact button on the site and mention the Salem Manager recommended you!

Mods - as said, apologies if this is out of order but the guy who runs this is a previous manager and is done for fun, not for profit.

A true QPR legend.

I can't believe it :(. Probably my all time favourite QPR player - I still remember his battles with Mark Hughes - now that was a physical duel if ever there was one :)

I'd always hoped he'd rejoin us in some sort of coaching capacity again, sadly it will never be.

football2Cartoon24.jpg

The highlight of yesterday's game has to be Nasr's eruption at the press after the game. For those that didn't hear about it here it is:

Nasri bleated: “You are just looking for *****, you are always looking for trouble,” to which the reporter replied with a simple: “Get lost!”

This tipped Monsieur Precious Pants over the edge, who flew into an avalanche of foul-mouthed whinnying: “Go ****** yourselves. You write crap stories, so ****** you! ****** your mother, you son of a bitch. Now you will tell the world that I’ve been badly brought up! Come [outside] and let’s fix this!”
Article

Boy, is he a dick!

As for today's game...I'm really looking forward to it but don't fancy our chances. Italy's defence has looked solid so far but without Chiellini that could change. We've got a lot more options on our bench than them to mix it up if we're left chasing the game that could see us play an exciting final 20 minutes. I've got a terrible suspicion Balotelli is going to put a couple past us though! I'd love to see us play Germany again though. No doubt we'll lose that game but it's always an exciting event when England plays the Germans.

2 years ago was an embarrassment in south Africa, 2 years before that we didn't even make the competition, 2 years before that it was a knockout to Portugal and the same 2 years before. About time I didn't have to feel the pain of watching the country play football. Do it this time england, the time is ripe. Put in a performance and destroy the Italians, and if not then at least go out in style trying, that's all we ask!

10 men have played well. For our 'talisman', Rooney is doing a good job of reinforcing my opinion that he's the most overrated player!

Rooney needs to come off. Get Carroll on and I just know he'll get welbeck a goal

TriggerHappy said:
10 men have played well. For our 'talisman', Rooney is doing a good job of reinforcing my opinion that he's the most overrated player!

10 ferrari's 1 scoda

Rooney still not looking up to match fit if you ask me. The problem is he's always capable of pulling something special out of the bag but that can only happen if he stays on. Same as the other night - the longer the scoreline allows us to keep him getting mins on the pitch the better.

Lescott doing well again.

All said and done - I'm happy with the 1st half.

Need a little patience as we've quality options available.

Last edited:
dinners said:
When I said it yes.

Haha.... It's certainly nip and tuck.

We just seem to lack a bit of incision up front. I'd certainly be looking at Defoe at some stage.

We're looking ropey at the back now which is a worry.

Milner just can't seem to get balls in either. That needs to change with Carroll coming on - hopefully a change of tact now as I can't see this defence riding their luck for much longer.

Last edited:
Boooooooo, I am a football window :(

I have come on here to keep myself out of trouble as I keep shouting "come on Italy" :eek:

England getting deeper and deeper which just invites the Italians in. No Carrol being brought on to provide a target up front which may just see the ball coming back quicker. Whats needed more is for Young to be more helpful to Cole, a lot of joy is coming down the right side for the Italians.

England getting deeper and deeper which just invites the Italians in. Now Carrol being brought on to provide a target up front which may just see the ball coming back quicker.

We saw that earlier on with England. It depends on how deep they feel they need to keep the defensive line - last time the midfield wouldn't press more than 10 yards ahead of them and the forwards were cut out of the game.

If we do drop deep (through choice or not) at least Carroll gives us an outlet. It might be 'football for beginers' but it can be effective as long as the more attacking midfielders can support him.

Who gets the job of deciding which women in the crowd are worth a ten second clip and which get cut short ?

I hate the last few mins. Concede and there's no time to come back.

Can we not just have the extra time now.

I’m staggeringly bored with all this Pirlo talk. My Nan could play that position with the space he’s been given tonight.

In some ways I want Italy to put us out of our misery as you can't see us beating Germany with that 2nd half performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back